Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Advice on Girls Weekend in the Vacation Planning forums; My sister and I and two friends want to plan a girls weekend for september....any advice on a good on property resort to stay at? We normally stay at Port ...
    baccimia is offline Fastpass Holder

Advice on Girls Weekend

My sister and I and two friends want to plan a girls weekend for september....any advice on a good on property resort to stay at? We normally stay at Port Orleans...which I love...but we are in our mid 20's to 30's and not traveling with any children....any advice is appreciated!!

ps....i will be staying at the Coranado for a week in september for a business meeting in mid september too....so i would like to try a different resort.....

thanks!

A little pixie dust can fix anything!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Are you planning on Moderate resorts only or are value and deluxe also an option?? The Boardwalk is great because you would be near Jellyrolls and the Atlantic Dance Hall if you are looking for a little nightlife, you are also just a boat ride or fairly short walk to Epcot and MGM . You may be able to find better deals at the Swan or Dolphin which is not far from the Boardwalk. I have 2 girls in their 20's and they will be staying at the POP this autumn and they also like the Carribean Beach.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I love the look of the Wilderness Lodge. Very beautiful and not as expensive as the other deluxes. The Polynesian is also beautiful and the Grand Floridian is exquisite! I don't know where you need to stay! lol

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Not really advice on a resort, but have you thought of taking a tour? Because kids cannot go on most tours, when you have an all adult trip, you can!!! Think about it. Swimming with dolphins was a big hit on my girls trip!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    hmmm...i like the idea of the boardwalk. I'm in my 20's and i went with a few friends of the same age range and we just stayed the last wk. It was a great location, great pools, gym, and right by a really nice piano bar (jellyrolls) and the Atlantic Dance Hall (which has no cover and is 21+). I also think places like Old Key West, GranD Floridian, etc. have more of an older crowd atmosphere as opposed to some others.

by the way, what is your price range? that would narrow down choices for you...
    The Goofy Princess

baccimia is offline Fastpass Holder
    price isn't a huge concern....we are qualify for a good rate through family....I am leaning towards the boardwalk too.....how is the Caribbean?

I love the idea of the tours...I think that we will definately look into that....I am excited about the time of the year....right after school starts...so crowds should be managable...

thanks!! i appreciate any ideas you may have!!

A little pixie dust can fix anything!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Carribbean Beach is really nice. They have a nice rooms. Martinique is the most active with the main pool. sauna/hot tub and pool tables

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    You should consider doing a fun dining experience like the Hoop-Dee-Doo (the earlier you book, the better table you get. And it can fill up fast); or maybe Sci-Fi Dine-in (just had a great time there in May) or something like that..

Hoop-Dee-Doo can be nice because of the unlimited beverages