Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Help me! Grosvenor Resort?? in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone stayed here? Thoughts? Since it is an official DTD hotel, does that mean there's bus service? I'm planning a trip for me and my husband, my parents, and ...
    JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen

Help me! Grosvenor Resort??

Has anyone stayed here? Thoughts? Since it is an official DTD hotel, does that mean there's bus service?

I'm planning a trip for me and my husband, my parents, and my grandparents from Scotland to WDW for May 2007, and I have to say, this is difficult! I've planned 3 trips to WDW just John and I, and it was much easier. It's making me like this -->

I much prefer staying onsite to off, but I'm trying to figure out the cheaper option. Ugh.

Any insight will be welcomed, appreciated, worshipped, etc.

TIA! maura

KUNGALOOSH!!!

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    there is a bus that goes to the TTC, I stayed there a few years ago. It was nice, you don't have all the features of staying on resort(no EMH, you can't have packages sent back to your room) but it's walking distance to DTD. I was 16 w/ my then BF now X and my dad and we easily went back and forth from the hotel to the parks.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I stayed at the Grosvenor back in 2000 so my info may be a little outdated but when we stayed there is was clean and I don't remember any complaints (except there was a strange smell near the bus stop ). There was no real themeing so that was a little disappointing . It was a very short walk to DTD as I remember so that was a plus . There were buses, but not Disney buses, they were really nice plush independent buses (I don't know if that's what they still use). If you want to stay onsite have you checked into the POP Century? Their prices are very reasonable: http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_pop.htm The Swan and Dolphin usually have some sort of specials going on and from what I hear it's a very nice hotel with beautiful grounds : https://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.co...n-special-book They also have special rates for teachers, nurses, and government workers and for AAA and AARP members.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I just did a search and found their website: http://www.grosvenorresort.com/ and yes they still have those buses to the parks.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Thank you very much, GIO & Ann. You are kind!

I found out about the resort through the website, but I guess I am stupid as to how it works. I don't know why!

So seperate buses run from the Grosvenor to the TTC several times a day, or do you have to walk to DTD and then take those buses to a resort and then to the park? On their website they say they are an official Disney hotel, I think that's what confuses me. So you aren't entitled to EMH when you stay there? Can you still get the Dining Plan if you stay there? Why do I not get it?

Maybe partially I'm on pain killers because of my broken hand?

I have stayed at the Pop before, loved it, just am not sure if it's my mother's cup of tea. She'd stay there, and I'm sure she'd like it, but I think she would love to stay somewhere not so heavily themed. Plus she has a heart condition, and I think there would be less walking at the Grosvenor. I don't like the idea of staying offsite, but this seems close enough that we wouldn't have to rent a car.

I'll look into the Swan and Dolphin... I'm thinking it's out of our price range. Since there are 6 of us, we need to stay in at least 2 rooms, 3 if we can afford it.

Sorry for such a long post!!! None of my other trips have been so hard to plan!

Thank you for your help, DWT family! Keep it coming!!

KUNGALOOSH!!!

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    you don't get EMH it's an official DTD Hotel, which basically means you ride an official Disney bus. When I was there there was a bus and it made several stops at the other hotels, picked you up at the hotel, I talked to a friend who stayed there a few months ago and said they were the only stop for the bus. You could also walk to DTD and get on a bus there, I would think.
    What about staying at Pop or the All Stars and staying in a preferred building.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

chacha is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I stayed at the Grosevenor in 2005. The best part was the 20 second walk to DTD. The buses were rather unpredictable and me and my family were stranded in the parking lot twice! The commute time is never the same to go to the parks. The rooms are decent and the buffet/restaurant was o.k.
    A nice feature was the little general store in the lobby. It had munchies, fruit, breakfast supplies and macrowaveable meals ti bring to your room! All at a fair price. It seemed to be open very late aswell. The hotel seemed to be themed in a Sherlock Homes Motif.

I Mousetunes!!!!!

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Hmm... Do they still do a Sherlock Holmes Mystery Dinner Threatre?

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

rxpeje63 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    This is only Second Hand But A co-worker of mine Stayed there and said it was ok but No Disney resort hotel. He had the same complaint as other posters on the buses. In his words They were erratic to say the least.
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." W.D.
    DH DS(17) DD (14)DD(10) Chewbacca(4)
    Han Solo(3)
    DW 8/1/62 - 9/4/10

chacha is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Hmm... Do they still do a Sherlock Holmes Mystery Dinner Threatre?

Yes mickeybabe, as far as I know they do run a sherlock homes dinner party?show
    Last edited by chacha; 10-22-2006 at 09:11 PM. Reason: trying to figure ou how to quote

Ayhab is offline D-Ticket Holder
    If you wanna stay in a even better hotel in that area, check out bueno vista palace across the way.
    Ayhab the Arab
    It's amazing to think that this all started with one little mouse.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Ann and I have just got back from a 3 week stay at the Buena Vista Palace which is right next door from the Grosvenor. So, I am able to give you upto date info:

'DownTown' Disney Buses run all day from the DTD Hotels to all the parks:

There is a seperate bus which runs every half an hour to all the theme parks which starts an hour before the parks open and runs until 2 hours after the parks close. It will drop you off at parking lane number 26 in all the parks and this is where you pick up the return journey.

However, you are a 5 minute walk across the road from DTD Market Place and can catch the Disney Buses from there - But: They only start running from around 9am - 9.30am and you would have to go to a Theme Park via a WDW Resort Hotel.
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

you guys rock! (esp trickster, you finally made it make sense!)

walking from the bus parking lanes into the parks can be quite a hike, so i'm thinking that our best bet will be to stay at the pop preferred.

yay!

KUNGALOOSH!!!