Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss What do you think about POP Century? in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by lorilovestigger I'm taking advantage of the Disney Visa special and going down Oct. 16-21st and will be staying at Pop for the first time. What do you ...
    WVParkfan is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    I'm taking advantage of the Disney Visa special and going down Oct. 16-21st and will be staying at Pop for the first time. What do you guys think about it? Any certain buildings I should request?

Thanks!

Lori
    Since you are a Disney veteran, I'm sure you will find things that you both like and dislike about the POP. We have also stayed at the All-Star Sports, Caribbean Beach, and Coronado Springs (our favorite).

For us, the POP was great. We really enjoyed our stay... especially the price. We were there for a quick 3-day getaway last April, and it was perfect for us. However, when we were at WDW last summer for 10 days, we stayed at the CBR. For a stay that long, I don't think I would have liked the Pop.

Let me explain: For our April trip, it was a whirlwind, and we were just thrilled to be there. It was a little loud, and we could hear everything going on outside our door by the pool (until very late at night), and could also hear everything going on in the room next door. Again, this wasn't so bad since we were on a "commando" style trip where we played hard and stayed up late. We were so exhausted that we were able to sleep through anything.

For our long vacation last summer, I don't think I would have survived the hustle and bustle of the POP. We were at CBR, and it was a very relaxing week. We were in a quiet area with a fabulous room and great bus service. It was a vacation week, and I certainly didn't want to deal with noise and crowds at the hotel.

So, long-story-short, if you liked your stay at the All-Stars, you'll like the Pop. If you are looking for a resort like the CBR, Pop Century is not it. But, it is better than staying off site!!!!!!!!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Liked All Star Movies. Will stay there again. Disliked Pop. Will NOT stay there again.

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    Liked All Star Movies. Will stay there again. Disliked Pop. Will NOT stay there again.

I feel exactly the same. Just because you like one of the All Stars doesn't necessarily mean that you are going to like POP Century. Same goes for people who like POP Century, doesn't necesarily mean they are going to like the All Stars. Our favorite of all the Value Resorts is ASMo.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I will try Pop in Dec and All Star Music Family Suites next Thanksgiving. I"ll decide then.

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Ok the Pop is a good value place to stay but by no means is it extrodinary. You get Magical express, you get bus service and you get to take advantage of the extra hours. I would say pop is most def. the best value hotel around. If you are looking to hang around the hotel and lounge then the pop is not the best at all. The deluxe resorts are attractions in themselves and Pop is just a place to sleep. I will say this with the price differences in the Moderate and Value resorts there is not much difference between the two. So if I was choosing between them I would choose Pop in a second. The deluxes and vacation clubs are the way to go though.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

SorcererG is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    Correct 70's is not preferred (70's included building 10)
    MousePlanet is now reporting that the rooms in the 70's that face the courtyard will now be considered preferred rooms. The same will apparently also be true of the rooms in the 50's buildings that face the courtyard.

SorcererG

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I enjoyed my stay at Pop in Sept. 2004. I was in the 50's building and very much enjoyed it. I really liked the food court and didn't have too much of an issue with the bus, however, 2004 was a bad hurricane season and my trip was in between a couple so attendance was not extremely high.

Pop is the only value I've stayed at so I cannot compare to All Star resorts. However, I will say I'm happy to see some good reports for ASMo since I'll be there Dec. 9-11 for MouseFest. I'll be 1 adult solo so I figure room size, location and bus shouldn't be a big issue.
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I've never stayed at Pop Century, but I have driven through it to drop people off (I become a disney taxi when people I know come to town). I think it is in a better location than any of the all-stars, and I've been inside a room, and I think they are nicer than the all-stars, so I think it's the best choice out of all the values in my opinion.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

I got back last week and I enjoyed Pop. We stayed in room 3414. It was the Tramp building in the 50's. Our room was nice and quite too. I've ready where people thought the walls were thin but I don't think I heard one peep out of anyone beside us. I heard the ducks more than people. We didn't seem to wait long for buses either. I think the longest wait we had was 20 mins. for a DTD bus. At one point we even had 2 EPCOT busses come at once.

Tie dye cheesecake and Twinkie tiramisu was really good.

Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    i loved staying at the pop. we were in the building with the big wheel (i can't remember what decade) and it was a great location in relation to the food court, hippy dippy pool, and buses. the music every morning was so much fun, and i LOVED the food in the food court! esp. the hummus... mmmm!

KUNGALOOSH!!!

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Tell ya in 2008.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

star tourist is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've stayed in Pop once before and I've really enjoyed it. We're going again Jan 6th of 2007 so that should be a great time as well =D

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Being local, I've only stayed overnight once..and it was at POP - I thought it was great, and a super value for the money - granted we did'nt do much at the hotel but pass out at the end of a long day - but the lobby, pools, etc ..were nice and the cafeteria was great for breakfast - I would certainly recommend it
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I spent a few hours at Pop (I had to leave with the ME at 3 in the a.m.!). I really liked it. The rooms were fresh and I wasn't too far away from the action. I couldn't hear anything from the other rooms. Very nice and a little different from the All Stars

I stayed at All Stars music in the Country Fair section. I don't think we could have been any closer to the EDGE of nowhere than where our room was but it was fairly quiet. Except for the flushing of the toilet- it was a power flush that you could hear for miles. All Star Movies had us in the Toy Story area (preferred building). I don't remember if we could hear flushing but the toilet was quieter in our room. These two hotels are set up almost exactly the same so they weren't that different.

Our group had the discussion that what makes the difference between value, moderate and deluxe is the toilets- how loud they can be in the middle of the night. Does anyone else have a thought?

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post

Our group had the discussion that what makes the difference between value, moderate and deluxe is the toilets- how loud they can be in the middle of the night. Does anyone else have a thought?
    I honestly do not remember. However, I can report back on the Boardwalk next week.

I only stayed in POP for 1 night before transferring over to OKW for the week. We didn't really explore the resort, but it was fine for the first night.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12