Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss What do you think about POP Century? in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm taking advantage of the Disney Visa special and going down Oct. 16-21st and will be staying at Pop for the first time. What do you guys think about it? ...

What do you think about POP Century?

I'm taking advantage of the Disney Visa special and going down Oct. 16-21st and will be staying at Pop for the first time. What do you guys think about it? Any certain buildings I should request?

Thanks!

Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger
    I'm taking advantage of the Disney Visa special and going down Oct. 16-21st and will be staying at Pop for the first time. What do you guys think about it? Any certain buildings I should request?

Thanks!

Lori

Building 10 is pretty close to the main hall and bus stops and as of last December was NOT a preferred building. Pop is kitschy with all the building icons but that is one reason why I like it.

I have found bus service to be pretty decent. Food court is also good.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Bus service was very quick. Ask for the 70's building by the Corvette Stingray is was close to the food court/main building, bus stops and main pool

o8catrina8o is offline D-Ticket Holder
    i like pop century u dont feel like ur in a bad all star resort i love the stuff all around and i like the food the busses came crazy quick never had problem there
    1993 - Dolphin
    1995- Aunt House
    1997- Off Site
    1999- Off Site
    2000- Coronodo Springs
    2002- Port Orleans and All Star
    2003- Off Site
    2004- Off Site - Christmas Time
    2005- Pop Century -Christmas Time
    2005 -Carribean Beach - DIsney Wonder
    2005- Disneyland- Spring Break
    2006- Pop Century - Halloween
    2006- Polynesian - My High Graduation
    2007 - Pop Century
    2007- All Star Sport- Christmas TIme
    2008 - Port Orleans
    2009 - Disney Land

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by devkxl
    Bus service was very quick. Ask for the 70's building by the Corvette Stingray is was close to the food court/main building, bus stops and main pool
    Last year we stayed in the 60's and it worked great, but I was told 70's is better for buses. Am I correct that 70's is not considered preferred? We will be staying at Pop in December when we go back. Love it! (Of course, this is only my second trip and I LOVE IT ALL!)
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by turkeymama
    Last year we stayed in the 60's and it worked great, but I was told 70's is better for buses. Am I correct that 70's is not considered preferred? We will be staying at Pop in December when we go back. Love it! (Of course, this is only my second trip and I LOVE IT ALL!)

Correct 70's is not preferred (70's included building 10)
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

cheshire_cat_81 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I stayed at the Pop Century last August and will be there again in 9 days. My girlfriend and I love it! You get the perks of staying in property for very little cash, we found the bus service to be great and the food court was pretty good too. It's our favorite pick!

tacey is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I love POP. I have stayed there twice already, I usually pick the 60's and I will be staying there again for Mousefest so it's always Pop for me, they do it up nice at Xmas time too

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    i seem to have a different opinion about it. when we went it was reeeaaaally crowded and took forever to get our food! also the busses were a problem. like one time, from Magic Kingdom, the line was from 18 to 14!!!!! so we called in and the said they're doing the best the could. of course CBR was getting wayyyy more busses than us! and it took forever to get on. everybody else that we talked to on the Magical Express when we went home and in line at the bus stop. maybe it was just the time we went
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Pop Century was a ball! The themeing was great, the food court was solid, the pools were fun. The busses ran pretty often and there were plenty of them. We had a great time there.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

tacey is offline D-Ticket Holder
    ERich2010, I am curious when you went. I have been to Pop the week of Halloween, the week of Thanksgiving and the weeks of Christmas, New Years and found things about average, as far as bus waits, so I am curious when you went......

Proud Member of the Deck 7 Cool Kids!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I have stayed at Pop a couple of times. The themeing is great and I found my room to be totally acceptable. I love all the icons.
    I stayed in the 80s once, and those buildings are quite a walk to everything!
    Last time they put me in the 50s since I was injured and they wanted to put me close to the main buildings and we were right by the parking lot too, but overlooking the pool....
    The food court can get very congested, but if you eat at off times, you will have no problem. Things in here are a little more spread out than Port Orleans even - the food court there was ALWAYS crowded....

I hope that you have a GREAT TIME!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    Quote Originally Posted by tacey
    ERich2010, I am curious when you went. I have been to Pop the week of Halloween, the week of Thanksgiving and the weeks of Christmas, New Years and found things about average, as far as bus waits, so I am curious when you went......
    i just got back yesterday. maybe it was bad timing. also they had that one special where the dining plan was included w/ the hotel. ppl kept saying something like 30,000 ppl were there!
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

LuvnTheMagic is offline A-Ticket holder
    Stapleton, AL (Soon to be Orlando, FL!!!)
    Pop Century is great when you have little kids who are easily entertained, the giant statues are great to run around and look at. BUT some buildings are noisier than others and some rooms you can hear the toilet flush 5 rooms away, its quite disturbing at 3 in the morning. But overall, I love it there!
    Magic Artist "I LOVE"
    DW - August 1987, June 1992, July 1994
    Caribbean Resort - July 1996
    All Stars Sports - May 2000
    Disneyland Paris - August 2000
    All Stars Music - Sept. 2003
    Pop Century - Nov. 2005
    Pop Century - May 2006
    Port Orleans FQ - Nov. 2006
    Coronada Springs - Nov. 2007

WDWCrazy is offline A-Ticket holder

Love POP

POP was the first Disney resort that I had ever stayed in and loved it. We stayed in the 60's building and were real close to the Hipp Dippy Pool. My boys had a ball. I loved the theming. I have since started to stay in moderates becasue the rooms are bigger and my kids keep getting bigger. (Imagine that!! )
    2006-CBR/2005-POR/2004-POP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast