Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss We are now going to stay at the CBR... in the Vacation Planning forums; I am excited to report that we upgraded our hotel...from the All Star Music to the Caribbean Beach Resort. I get the impression that the CBR is very large....any advice ...
    ginarella is offline A-Ticket holder

We are now going to stay at the CBR...

I am excited to report that we upgraded our hotel...from the All Star Music to the Caribbean Beach Resort. I get the impression that the CBR is very large....any advice would be appreciated. Does anyone know how you go about requesting a certain building? How soon are you able to do so, if you are in fact able to do that? Has anyone stayed there recently? If so, what do the current refillable mugs look like? Anything else that anyone wants to fill me in on.......please do so!! Thanks!! By the way, we are going in Sept.

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ginarella
    I am excited to report that we upgraded our hotel...from the All Star Music to the Caribbean Beach Resort. I get the impression that the CBR is very large....any advice would be appreciated. Does anyone know how you go about requesting a certain building? How soon are you able to do so, if you are in fact able to do that? Has anyone stayed there recently? If so, what do the current refillable mugs look like? Anything else that anyone wants to fill me in on.......please do so!! Thanks!! By the way, we are going in Sept.
    You'll love CBR. It is big, but you can handle it.

First, here's a link to a map of the resort:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.htm

Buildings 24, 25 and 26 in Martinique, and also all of Trinidad North (Buildings 31, 32 and 33) are what's called "preferred location." This means they are the closest buildings to Old Port Royale (OPR), the complex that has the food court/restaurant/main pool/shops/outside bar/watercraft rentals (the Front Desk and all that are in a totally separate building across the resort, called the Custom House).

Preferred location rooms cost $15-$20 per night extra, and are RESERVED. You could request one, but keep in mind that everyone who is willing to reserve and pay is in line ahead of you.

If you want to request a location relatively close to OPR but aren't willing to pay for it, then request Martinique 21-22-23, or Aruba or Jamaica. Aruba and Jamaica are directly across the lake (it has a bridge) from OPR. Barbadoes is farther than than, and Trinidad South is the farthest of all. Trinidad South is about a half-mile from OPR.

CBR also has another premium set of rooms, "water view." This means as it sounds, but your view may be a view of one of the quiet pools rather than Barefoot Lake. Water view also costs an extra $15-$20 per night. And by the way, you can't pay an exra $30-$40 per night for a water view room in a preferred location building -- those who get both of those paid for one and got sprniled with pixie dust for the other. In my opinion, don't waste your money on water view. Your view is through your window, and between your window and the view is the exterior corridor. So if your curtains are wide open to enjoy the view, everyone walking by has a great view of ... YOU!

To REQUEST (not reserve) a particular village or location, just call Disney and ask to have that request put on your reservation. This can be done at any time -- it's never too early, because the information just sits in the computer and it will show up every time your reservation is looked at by anyone.

Each village has its own bus stop and quiet pool, so you can never be too far from a bus stop or a pool.

By the way, CBR's rooms are the largest of all the moderates. All the other moderates' rooms are 314 square feet, CBR's are 340 square feet.

ENJOY!
    -- Eric

ginarella is offline A-Ticket holder
    Awesome info Eric....thanks! The fact that there are bus stops all over is great. I don't really need to request anything then. I was worried that we would get this room all the way in the back and have to walk through this huge, but beautiful resort to get back to our room at the end of the day! We have always stayed at All Star Resorts, and have lucked out with our locations! Thank you again!!!!!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    We haven't stayed at Caribbean Beach for a while, but we did enjoy the two times we did. I think we stayed in Aruba and Jamaica. I love the walk across the bridge in the morning to get breakfast. The Captain's Table, in the Custom House, had some great steaks and seafood when we were there. I also liked being able to accomodate a variety of tastes for breakfast because there were so many offerings in the custom house. The pool bar outside the main pool had a great specialty drink if I recall, and we were given a beeper to be notified when our table was ready at the Captain's Table. Have a great time!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V
    We haven't stayed at Caribbean Beach for a while, but we did enjoy the two times we did. I think we stayed in Aruba and Jamaica. I love the walk across the bridge in the morning to get breakfast. The Captain's Table, in the Custom House, had some great steaks and seafood when we were there. I also liked being able to accomodate a variety of tastes for breakfast because there were so many offerings in the custom house. The pool bar outside the main pool had a great specialty drink if I recall, and we were given a beeper to be notified when our table was ready at the Captain's Table. Have a great time!
    Just so no one else gets confused ....

The Custom House does NOT contain any food service. The Custom House is strictly the Front Desk, Bell Services, Guest Services, Resort Airline Check-in, and stuff like that.

ALL of the food service (table-service restaurant and food court) is in Old Port Royale. Also, the name of the table-service restaurant changed some years ago from The Captain's Table to Shutters.
    -- Eric

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    We stayed in Aruba and we loved it, we were right next to the bridge across to the food court and pool and it was a great location.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Artemis908 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Hi! I actually just did a review of CBR so if you get a chance, go look at the articles section of the website =D. I do have some advise to give though. If you don't want to pay for a preferred room, stay in a building near the bridge, then the food court is close enough but you don't have to pay for a preferred room.

I'd recommending looking at the CBR map, finding your top 2 or 3 buildings and then 3 days before you are about to take off to WDW, call CBR -directly- and ask to make a request for a room. (If you need the number let me know). Although calling WDW directly may help, the best way to get the room you want is by calling the hotel directly. The best time to call would be after 3, when the hotel will likely be the least busy. Prioritize what you want in a room. So for example, if it's very important for you to get a non-smoking room, etc. Let them know.

Some other advise I have... if you get a room walkable to Old Port Royale, get the unlimited refillable cup if you like to drink a lot or don't have the dining plan but remember that it may be a pain to carry the cups in the park so you'll have to walk back to your room after dining or getting a drink from the food court. It may still be worth it though, so keep that in mind...

That's all I have for now! I have a great vacation!

Arianne31 is offline A-Ticket holder
    My husband and I were just there in May 2006. It was our first stay there and we really enjoyed the resort. We stayed at Trinidad North and the distance to Old Port Royale wasn't bad at all. My husband really liked walking back to our room from OPR and chasing the bunnies. LOL
    Arianne

ari & jay