Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Is Grand Floridian REALLY worth it? in the Vacation Planning forums; I've stayed at the Caribbean Beach, Beach Club, All Star and Dixie Landings but I have always wanted to stay at the Grand Floridian. So I want to know, is ...
    Artemis908 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Is Grand Floridian REALLY worth it?

I've stayed at the Caribbean Beach, Beach Club, All Star and Dixie Landings but I have always wanted to stay at the Grand Floridian. So I want to know, is it REALLY worth the money? It's over $700 more a person to stay there than Caribbean Beach and although it is my childhood dream to stay there, I want to see what everyone thinks makes it a cut above the rest.

I am also concerned about being too picky about a room. Can you get a room with a view of the Magic Kingdom AND near the monorail? And what is it I hear you don't get a private balcony?

So I'd love to hear any input from anyone who has experience staying at Grand Floridian.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    We stayed there many years ago, we did a split stay that year. We stayed a couple days at Grand Floridian and a couple days at the Contemporary. It is a beautiful resort with alot to offer , but because we had just come from the Contemporary, of course there were comparisons . While we really enjoyed the GF, we liked the Contemporary better because of the convenience. We had a view of the MK, but I don't remember being near the monorail. At the Contemporary we stayed in the Tower so everything was right there! Yes, no doubt, you are paying alot for a room, but if it's a childhood dream and if you can afford it:$$: , go for it. But also check out websites that have pictures of the rooms so you will know what to expect : http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/g_gf.htm
    Last edited by GIOny; 08-30-2006 at 03:57 PM.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Honestly, I've never stayed there because I never felt it was worth the $$. All I need is a shower and a bed when at WDW. I can get the rest of my jollies elsewhere on the property.

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Ok, here is my opinion.

Only go there if you're going to take advantage of what it has to offer. If you are only going to go to that resort to sleep and eat then it's not worth it. But, if you really want to indulge in the pool, the spa, and many of its attributes, then go. But other than that, it's not that different than staying in any other deluxe hotel.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    My take on that: There are better pools at other resorts. You can take advantage of the spa whether you are staying there or not. You don't have to stay there to eat at the restaurants. I just can't see spending the money.

grandmarshal22 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I always go and walk around and enjoy the resort. Yeah, I would love to stay there someday, but just walking around and eating there and just enjoying the resort is just as fun in my opinion. The only thing I don't get to experience is sleeping in the hotel, everything else you can enjoy and not spend the money.
    "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow: Your party from Saturn has arived, please give them a ring!"

I'v been in the disney parade at Magic Kingdom 11 times! 5 times as the grand marshal!

TinkerBell702 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I think it is well worth it for a special ocassion. It is amazing/ I stayed there for my birthday last year and was proposed to I recommend if you are going to spend the money there spend a lot of time at the resort. We did so we felt like we got our money's worth. If you are going to spend the money on the resort go the extra mile and go concierge.
    Annual Passholder.