Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Pop Century Resort Tips in the Vacation Planning forums; Anyone know of any tips for this resort. DH and I stay there almost every stay but we aren't really big on the resort tips. One I can tell you ...
    cfielder is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking Pop Century Resort Tips

Anyone know of any tips for this resort. DH and I stay there almost every stay but we aren't really big on the resort tips.

One I can tell you is about Internet. If you need to get on the internet....do NOT get on at resorts. Just go to DisneyQuest and go to the Alice in Wonderland theme cafe and they will have computers that you can check your email on. It's a whopping $10 to get on and pay a bill at a resort!!!!!!!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    What a great idea! I've never thought of checking my e-mail at Disney Quest. If you have a UPH you don't have to pay an admission fee to DQ either!

huskybear is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Might be a bit tough standing in front of a terminal at D Quest on Thursday night for DWT Chat... Might make a few people behind you in line angry...
    George

cfielder is offline A-Ticket holder
    Well It's not really that bad of a wait. See, you sit at your own booth and it's like a table where your whole family can eat a snack from the Alice in Wonderland theme bakery. There are just snacks. I think it says don't spend more that X-amount of time, so you are timed but it's not any shorter than 30 minutes to an hour. I believe it's an hour and then if you see there are no lines, you can look for longer. It's not too bad though, I was there at Christmas time and there was no one waiting.

TinkerbellRocks is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi

Just make sure you buy the resorts souvenier cup....it comes out to be much cheaper in the long run.
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'July 18, 2005 5:30:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=fuchsia>Countdown to My 7th Magical Journey to WDW</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Hangin w/ the WDW crew!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    If you have a car, ask if you can be in the 70's building. That way you can park in the 80's parking lot, which involves way less walking to and from your room.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

TinkerbellRocks is offline A-Ticket holder
    If you have anyone in your party that has difficulty getting around then the 60's buildings are the closest the the main lobby and bus. There is a nominal fee for these rooms.
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'July 18, 2005 5:30:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=fuchsia>Countdown to My 7th Magical Journey to WDW</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Hangin w/ the WDW crew!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

sterm26 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The Guest services desk at the Pop Century allowed me to use their house PC (no charge) to check in early for my flight home the next day. The CM did "hover" ( I guess to make sure I wasn't looking at naughty websites), but the convenience was worth it!
    Last edited by sterm26; 02-15-2005 at 07:26 PM.
    WDW offsite 1979, '83, '86, '87, '89,' 93

ASMo November 2003 (Love Bug)

Pop Century February 2005 (50's)

Pop Century February 2006 (60's)

Pop Century August 2006 (60's)

Coronado Springs February 2009

Disneyland August 1988 (L.A.)

Disneyland August 2005 (Anaheim Plaza)

"His name's Tron, fights for the Users..."