Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Hotel Rooms in the Magic Kingdom!!! in the Vacation Planning forums; I have been thinking.(I know dangerous) With all the buzz the room in castle has created how far off do you think they are from putting rooms in the second ...
    Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Hotel Rooms in the Magic Kingdom!!!

I have been thinking.(I know dangerous) With all the buzz the room in castle has created how far off do you think they are from putting rooms in the second fllor windows on Main St. I mean when the year of a million dreams is over the demand to stay in the castle will be through the roof. You will basically have to go on a lifetime waiting list and spend over 1000 bucks a night. Having one room in a park is just crazy. I bet the room in the castle is just the start of rooms in the Magic Kingdom. Just wanted to see what yall thought about that.

disneymaniac86 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I don't know... I really hope they do not do this because it would be unfair. The rooms would be insanely expensive, and very few people could stay there. The Magic Kingdom was not made for rich people to sleep in. I hope they don't rent the Castle apartment out after the YOAMD; winning the night was the magical part. If anyone could stay there it would not be so special.
    My name is Emily and I am addicted to Walt Disney World. There, I said it and I'm proud.

Louis Mongello, you are my hero!

Moving to St. Petersburg, FL in November!!!
    I will be at WDW every two weeks then... I can't wait!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I've actually thought about this before. If I could pick one place to live in WDW, it would be in a second floor main street room. I hope they dont rent these out as hotel rooms though, as mentioned above, it just seems unfair.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    It's highly doubtful that the second floor of Main Street could be converted to guest rooms. Remember Main Street is built using forced perspective - the second floors are about 5/8th the normal height of a story. If you were to see someone looking out one of the second-floor windows (which would be around knee-high), it would totally destroy the force perspective illusion.
    The view out the other side of the buildings would be of work areas and backstage delivery areas. Not exactly what you'd want to pay mega-bucks to view.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Besides the loss of perspective and the lack of "view" in the back, what would be the excitement of watching people clean Main Street all night? Talk about "killing the magic".
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

smash591 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've always heard about the castle apartment anyway.. didn''t Roy Disney stay there when he was visiting. It's not like they created it for the YOAMD thing. It's just a convenient re-utilization of an existing apartment. And I agree, the Main Street USA rooms idea would never fly as there are no concessions or other "resort" amenities.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by smash591 View Post
    I've always heard about the castle apartment anyway.. didn''t Roy Disney stay there when he was visiting. It's not like they created it for the YOAMD thing. It's just a convenient re-utilization of an existing apartment.

The space for the apartment was there, but it was never completed and never used as an apartment.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

smash591 is offline A-Ticket holder

Oopps, mis-information

Hi DisneyDame,
    I was born and grew up 30 minutes from the Magic Kingdom (Winter Haven, Fl). In fact, my brother was born 6 days before WDW was opened. (DOB:19 Oct 71) And in my MANY visits, I heard at some point about the "apartment" in the castle and it's supposed guest. I guess my info was exagerated. However, I spent my childhood dreaming of staying in that apartment and now it's at least a little closer to a possibility rather than strictly a dream. Thanks for the clarification.

Smash591

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Take the Keys to the Kingdom, and you'll be taken up to the second floor of Main Street, USA. There are offices up there.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The only reason I brought this topic up is because of the Disney Sea theme park in Japan. That resort actully has hotel rooms with in the park. Imagine Epcot with all of the second floors being part of a hotel. I didn't think it was feasible for somthing like that in the Magic Kingdom but it is a huge success in Japan and I would love to sea somthing like it somewhere in Disney World. What do yall think?? IF they could do it any suggestions on a location??? Just really food for thought and somthing fun to discuss.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I'm thinking it'd be a great idea after this celebration is over to have one or two rooms that guests can stay in but instead of charging out the bum for them or having a waiting list of 10 years for them... make it a surprise that you're staying there through a random drawing of on property guests.

For example: Family A makes a reservation at the Grand Floridian. When they arrive for their stay to check-in, a small "welcome wagon" appears with balloons etc. (of course dressed as characters) and a camera and says "Surprise, you've been chosen to move your stay to Cinderella's Castle!" Do like one family a week or something y'know?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe