Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Tell me what you think in the Vacation Planning forums; I originally was booking Pop Century for May 20 to June 4. Was going to cost a tad over 1600 total. Then I was going to wait to see how ...
    dxer07002 is offline Fastpass Holder

Tell me what you think

I originally was booking Pop Century for May 20 to June 4. Was going to cost a tad over 1600 total. Then I was going to wait to see how much the annual passholder discount would be for that time. However, I have a friend in a good place who can get me a week in Wilderness Lodge May 20 - 27, and a week in All Star Music May 27 - June 2, for LESS than Pop Century, not including the annual passholder discount. I rather not say how they can get me this discount, but, working for the mouse has it's advantages LOL.....

What do you think I should do? Stick with Pop fgor 2 weeks or split my stay between Wilderness Lodge and All Star Music on the CM discount?
    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I'd split my stay. 2 weeks in a Value resort doesn't appeal to me. I would imagine with that much time, you'd have some more downtime in your room then you would on a shorter trip.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    I would also split the resorts

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    any chance you could reverse it so that you stay at the value resort before the deluxe?? Switching down to the smaller room later in your stay may be uncomfortable after enjoying the deluxe.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

That's a very good point Pat.

Also, would your trip involve more running around the first week or the second week? If you are more likely to have more downtime during the second week, you may want to be at the Deluxe to take advantage of that.
    Amanda

We'll be running around about the same. Also, my friend couldn't get Wilderness Lodge for us at the discounted price the week of May 27th. I don't mind going deluxe to value. Actually, there will be more down time the first week when we stay in Wilderness Lodge. We wil lbarely be in the room at all the second week.
    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    split it up. You'll love yourself for that.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    I would say split. I personally like WL better than PC.

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

disneymaniac86 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    As much as I love Pop, I would go for the split if possible. This is a great chance to experience accomodations that otherwise are much more expensive than Pop. So if you have this opportunity, by all means, go for it!
    My name is Emily and I am addicted to Walt Disney World. There, I said it and I'm proud.

Louis Mongello, you are my hero!

Moving to St. Petersburg, FL in November!!!
    I will be at WDW every two weeks then... I can't wait!

Thanks guys.... the split is what I was leaning toward anyway... I always wanted to stay in Wilderness Lodge, now I will have the chance to... Anyone from these boards going to be in WDW in May?

Just an update..... My CM friend booked us the resort stay... We are staying May 20 to 27 at Pop Century and then May 27 to June 2 at Wilderness Lodge, then the last two nights at their place. Needless to say, I am excited and cannot wait....

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    I think you'll love the WL, splitting the stay was a great idea!
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

Have a wonderful trip dxer07002.
    Amanda

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Sounds like your trip is working out very well! I like Pop too but would find it difficult going from WL to Pop. Perfect progression...Pop to WL to your friends' home Have a wonderful time.
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

I wish our trip planning was working out better. My friend (the CM) and I called Disney to verify the reservations. The agent was able to locate our Pop Century reservation, but not our Wilderness Lodge reservation. After sitting on hold for 10 minutes, we were told the system cancelled out our Wilderness Lodge reservation. However, my friend who paid the one night deposit for us was charged that deposit fee. The agent rebooked our reservation for us. My friend called the next day to pay the one night deposit. I called back yesterday and they show no deposit payment made. What is up with Disney's systems? My friend said he was calling back today to make teh payment again. We have until Nov 13 or the reservation gets cancelled. Why do I feel like someone is trying to tell me NOT to stay at Wilderness Lodge????