Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss AKL Standard Concierge??? in the Vacation Planning forums; I booked a AKL Concierge room for a January visit and was told there were Standard and Deluxe Concierge rooms available. I thought all Concierge rooms on the 5th and ...
    Boater is offline B-Ticket Holder

AKL Standard Concierge???

I booked a AKL Concierge room for a January visit and was told there were Standard and Deluxe Concierge rooms available. I thought all Concierge rooms on the 5th and 6th floor were Deluxe.

My question is where would Standard Concierge rooms be located? And did they expand the number of rooms with access to the Kiliminjaro Club?
    Mark,

Stayed at:
    Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness Cabins (and in a tent once YUCK),Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean, Port Orleans (both), Coronado Springs, Dolphin, Most of the Hotel Row, Many other off-site.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Not entirely sure, but it may have something to do with the conversion of some of the AKL's rooms to DVC, which is supposed to be completed in 2007. They are taking rooms from the 5th and 6th floors and turning them into DVC accommodations, and I believe that I read that concierge rooms would then be on the 4th floor. Since the larger "deluxe" rooms are on 5 & 6, and the rooms on 4 are "standard" size, that may be what they are offering you: a (smaller) room on the 4th floor with concierge lounge privileges.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Boater is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    Not entirely sure, but it may have something to do with the conversion of some of the AKL's rooms to DVC, which is supposed to be completed in 2007. They are taking rooms from the 5th and 6th floors and turning them into DVC accommodations, and I believe that I read that concierge rooms would then be on the 4th floor. Since the larger "deluxe" rooms are on 5 & 6, and the rooms on 4 are "standard" size, that may be what they are offering you: a (smaller) room on the 4th floor with concierge lounge privileges.
    That's it exactly, they're making some of the 4th floor rooms into Kiliminjaro Club rooms.
    Don't know how many rooms will have access to the club, hope not too many, it was already getting crowded up on the 6th floor.
    Mark,

Stayed at:
    Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness Cabins (and in a tent once YUCK),Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean, Port Orleans (both), Coronado Springs, Dolphin, Most of the Hotel Row, Many other off-site.