Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Do you like this idea?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Retheming idea that will never happen... in the Vacation Planning forums; I thought it would be cool if they rethemed the Mighty Ducks wing of All-Star Movies into a Cars -themed area. Big cones for the stairwells like the motel in ...
    YoPaulie is offline A-Ticket holder

Arrow Retheming idea that will never happen...

I thought it would be cool if they rethemed the Mighty Ducks wing of All-Star Movies into a Cars-themed area. Big cones for the stairwells like the motel in the movie, the Raidiator Springs pool instead of the Duck Pond, etc.

Never happen, tho.

Attitude Tink is offline Spirit of the Law
    Lets stop pixar in the parks at least. I understand ASM is themed, especially for the younger generation, so maybe dabbing little bits of Cars is ok, unless they already have Toy Story.
    It's easier to destroy than it is to create - Angelina Jolie in "Original Sin"

Winter 1992 -Marriott in DTD
    April 1997- Marriott in DTD
    August 2003- DoubleTree Suite

Ayhab is offline D-Ticket Holder
    well what are the other movie themes from the resort? i think anything is better then might ducks. but pixar has been taking over lately, not cool.
    Ayhab the Arab
    It's amazing to think that this all started with one little mouse.

Fantasia, Dalmations, Toy Story, Mighty Ducks, and Herbie the Love Bug are the themed areas... so they'd go from 1 Pixar theme to 2.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I really don't have an opinion about this since I never stay here. However, I don't think the parks are overloaded with Pixar. Lets face it....Pixar has been turning out the quality animated films lately...

Is Mighty Ducks that popular? I've never bothered with it myself.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    I was never a big Mighty Ducks fan I've never stayed there so I really couldn't say, but I vote for Cars.
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

Justin M is offline Fastpass Holder
    The Cars theming idea is pretty cool. There is a lot of material to work with there, but I think it will still be a while before they make that kind of change.

For those of you who are so anti-Pixar: You are aware of the merger, right? The Pixar head sits on the Disney board and if you really want to eliminate (or slow down) the use of Pixar characters and films, have you realized how that would essentially eliminate all of the most popular Disney films of this century? (not to mention those to come. . .) I think it is time to accept that Pixar is a part of the Disney family.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I never liked the Mighty Ducks, I agree with the Cars theme.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Justin M View Post
    The Cars theming idea is pretty cool. There is a lot of material to work with there, but I think it will still be a while before they make that kind of change.

For those of you who are so anti-Pixar: You are aware of the merger, right? The Pixar head sits on the Disney board and if you really want to eliminate (or slow down) the use of Pixar characters and films, have you realized how that would essentially eliminate all of the most popular Disney films of this century? (not to mention those to come. . .) I think it is time to accept that Pixar is a part of the Disney family.

This true & it's more of a matter of money, but I didn't see the magic behind Cars & The Incredibles, that's my taste. I have accepted Pixar as Disney's, sibling. But I don't want Pixar to be the kind of brother that beats one up , & takes their toys, in this case parks.

I see your point, Tink... but what Disney film has had the same draw as a Pixar film in the same time period?

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I'm not saying this to bad-talk Pixar, as I do love the Pixar flicks... but I'm saying it instead to defend the Ducks. I definiately think the Ducks should stay. Being a hockey fan, I LOVED those movies, and thought they were great. In fact D3 was on the Disney Channel last night, and when I found out I cheered! (Of course, the first one was the best of the three.)
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Ayhab is offline D-Ticket Holder
    whoa whoa, is the mighty ducks section of the hotel themed after the movie, or the cartoon of the actual alien ducks that play hockey and battle crime?
    Ayhab the Arab
    It's amazing to think that this all started with one little mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by YoPaulie View Post
    I see your point, Tink... but what Disney film has had the same draw as a Pixar film in the same time period?
    None. There haven't been any original cartoons, Disney films are now sequels or triliogies, what happen after the "happily ever after..." or new digitial remaster. The youngin's, if you will, are fascinated with pixar's technology & are into computer technology.

The same can be said with Nick. Kids now will probably lose interest in shows like "Rugrats" & "Fairly Odd Parents" (I guess SpongeBob is an exception since he's popular) because they are flat(?) animation, & are into "Jimmy Neutron" & "Bob the Builder"(not computerize I think, but it's a different style) .

I'm sorry if you think I'm arguing with you, I'm just afraid of Pixar taking over. If there were going to add another Pixar creation, it should be a Nemo theme pool.

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    what about making Lion King themed or The Little Mermaid, or anything else, I'm tired of Pixar.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

Quote Originally Posted by AnnF View Post
    what about making Lion King themed or The Little Mermaid, or anything else, I'm tired of Pixar.
    Why go back 17 or 12 years when they have current titles that are hits?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast