Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Hotel Help...PLEASE :) in the Vacation Planning forums; hey...i have been discussing w/ my parents on where 2 stay this spring break at WDW. The past 2 years i have stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter, and the ...
    C-Howdizzle is offline E-Ticket Holder
    22 DRIVING hours away from WDW...(Chi-town)

Hotel Help...PLEASE :)

hey...i have been discussing w/ my parents on where 2 stay this spring break at WDW. The past 2 years i have stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter, and the year before that Carribean Beach Resort.. My parents HATED Carribean Beach resort, b/c r room was soooooooo far away from the bus stop and dining area, plus it is hard b/c my dad has had 3 major back suguries, and is unable to do a lot of walking. My mom loves French Quarter, and my dad and i dont really have a problem w/ it, but i am always open for something new.

My question(s) for people to answer is if Coronado Springs Resort is similar to French Quarter, or Carribean Beach, or if it is not similar at all... Also I am in 1th grade in HS right now and going to be looking at colleges, so one day i am renting a car w/ my parents and visiting University of Florida (gainesville) i might try to save the rents some extra cash and maybe stay at a value resort for the 5 days i am there, so if anyone has any reviews on any of the value resorts that will be great too!!! thanks a lot

Vote Quimby
    Iv been ON space mountain when the lights were on!!! not in line...i was ON THE RIDE!!! I know your jealous...

2008 Upcoming- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2007- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2006- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2005- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2004- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002- Carribean Beach Resort
    2000- Disney Institute (with School Friend)

Ayhab is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I've stayed at the Coronado Springs the last 2 times with my family and it was great, I really enjoyed it. But you have to make sure your close to the main building, last time we weren't, but they had CMs driving golfcarts taking people to the main lobby all day. If you wanna stay at a value resort go with Pop Century. But to save all around you could always stay at the Buena Vista Resort at Downtown Disney, that's where we're staying for our Christmas Trip, that place is the nicest in Downtown Area. But book it now, that way it's wayyyy cheaper.
    Ayhab the Arab
    It's amazing to think that this all started with one little mouse.

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Howdizzle View Post
    hey...i have been discussing w/ my parents on where 2 stay this spring break at WDW. The past 2 years i have stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter, and the year before that Carribean Beach Resort.. My parents HATED Carribean Beach resort, b/c r room was soooooooo far away from the bus stop and dining area, plus it is hard b/c my dad has had 3 major back suguries, and is unable to do a lot of walking. My mom loves French Quarter, and my dad and i dont really have a problem w/ it, but i am always open for something new.

My question(s) for people to answer is if Coronado Springs Resort is similar to French Quarter, or Carribean Beach, or if it is not similar at all... Also I am in 1th grade in HS right now and going to be looking at colleges, so one day i am renting a car w/ my parents and visiting University of Florida (gainesville) i might try to save the rents some extra cash and maybe stay at a value resort for the 5 days i am there, so if anyone has any reviews on any of the value resorts that will be great too!!! thanks a lot

Vote Quimby
    Two thoughts about Caribbean Beach Resort:

1) For an extra $15 per night, you can guarantee youself a "preferred location" room, meaning near Old Port Royale.

2) You noted that your room in CBR was so far from "the" bus stop. Were you guys aware that each village has its own bus stop, that you don't need to catch the bus at Old Port Royale?

CSR is comparable to CBR in size. POFQ is MUCH smaller than both of them. I love CBR, but I just got back from POFQ and loved it there, too.
    -- Eric

[quote=CleveRocks;355644]
    2) You noted that your room in CBR was so far from "the" bus stop. Were you guys aware that each village has its own bus stop, that you don't need to catch the bus at Old Port Royale?quote]

Yeah i did know about the other bus stops, but we were still quite a way away lol....also i always got lost at CBR...w/e its all good though...thanks
    Iv been ON space mountain when the lights were on!!! not in line...i was ON THE RIDE!!! I know your jealous...

100acrewoods is offline A-Ticket holder
    We have stayed at Coronado Springs and at the All-Star Movies resorts in the past. Coronodo Springs was very nice but our room was also far from the bus stops and the restaurant. They have a large lake in the middle where they rent paddle boats and the atmosphere was very nice.

As for the All-Star movies it was more like a Motel 6 type place and the walls were very thin. We could hear toilets flushing at all hours in the other rooms and excited kids up way early with excitement next door. You just have to consider how much time you actually spend in the room and decide if it is worth the savings. Otherwise the rooms were decent sized and clean. The food court had alot of choices and the prices didn't seem too bad. They have a souvenier cup that you can buy for around $11.99 and you can refill it there at their food court anytime with whatever beverage you want while you are there. So that was a really good deal as we filled up with coffee in the morning (the room we had didn't have a coffee maker or coffee) and then with soda in the evenings. It is also pretty close to the All-Star Music and All-Star Sports resorts so we walked over to check those out one evening. They seem the same but the theme is just different. Hope this helps with your decision and you have a great time!

coronado sounds a lot like CBR

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    Well, Coronado has a southwestern style to it. And, to me, it was A LOT better than CBR. CCR is very beachy, while Coronado has a mexican feel to it. Especially in their pool and food court!
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    All i have to say is this: PLEASE dont go to UF! BOOOOOOOO

I love CS! It has a great atmosphere and a really cool pool with a hot tub which always feels awesome at the end of a day (or in the middle). But honestly I dont think u can go wrong with any hotel at Disney lol

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGuy87 View Post
    All i have to say is this: PLEASE dont go to UF! BOOOOOOOO

hmmm im guessing Florida State Alum or Student? actually i might visit FSU 2....what makes it so much better the UF

haha good guess, I'm a student there right now, u should come check it out, its awesome

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Good luck looking into UF - I did my BS there and am currently in grad school - It is a fantastic university and a great town to live in - lots of arts, culture, and nature...and located within an easy driving distance of disney!!!!
    I've actually only stayed at a WDW resort once - we normally just drive down for the day. We stayed at Pop century and it was lovely although to be honest we pretty much just used the room as a place to collapse at the end of the night!!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.