Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Disney World Honeymoon! in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello Everyone! My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon to WDW in October (I know we have a while but were excited!!) We have narrowed the resorts down to ...
    LavenderRivers is offline A-Ticket holder

Disney World Honeymoon!

Hello Everyone!
    My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon to WDW in October (I know we have a while but were excited!!) We have narrowed the resorts down to two and would like some feedback. Should we stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge or the Beach Club? Which is better? We have only stayed at the All Stars in the past so we have no clue as to which exspensive resort is the best.
    Thanks so much!!!

I would vote for one you don't have listed.....The Polynesian! That's where my Hubby and I stayed for our honeymoon and it was wonderful! The best part is being on the main monorail loop and feeling like you are on a tropical island while walking through the resort. If I had to choose between the AKL and the Beach Club I would say go for the AKL. It's a beautiful resort! Congratulations and welcome to DWT!

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Between the two, I would say the AKL. It's a beautiful resort. It has amazing decor. I've never stayed there, but I"ve had dinner there a Jiko and that was delicious.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Tikiman is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I like the Beach Club location better but I like the AKL resort much better than the BC. If it were me though I would pick the location of the BC but consider the other resorts around there also.

My pick out of them all would be the Honeymoon Suite (or at least the concierge) at the Polynesian. We Honeymooned at the Yacht Club and Polynesian and the room, location, atmosphere and staff were night and day between the two for us.

Here is the honeymoon suite.

http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/king2.html

Here is a report on our honeymoon trip with photos.

http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/tripjul2001.html

Aloha

Steve

LavenderRivers is offline A-Ticket holder
    thanks so much! this helps out alot!

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post

My pick out of them all would be the Honeymoon Suite (or at least the concierge) at the Polynesian. We Honeymooned at the Yacht Club and Polynesian and the room, location, atmosphere and staff were night and day between the two for us.

Here is the honeymoon suite.

http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/king2.html

Here is a report on our honeymoon trip with photos.

http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/tripjul2001.html

Aloha

Steve
    I just took a peak at your honeymoon report....swoon... how romantic! When I meet Mr. Right I'm sending him your way for vacation planning advise! I love the brick proposal!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Beach Club for location to Epcot and the Boardwalk activities

Justin M is offline Fastpass Holder
    Animal Kingdom Lodge, hands down. It is stunning, beautiful, adventurous, and relaxing all in one. I actually like that it isn't as 'convenient' to the parks for a honeymoon trip. SO RELAXING! Great resaurants as well. If you're looking to unwind, I definitely recommend AKL.
    Justin

www.dreamcmo.com

Send your questions about my CMO experiences to Justin@dreamCMO.com and you just might make it on the site!

Find me on 'Facebook' as well! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=506475946

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpxsEymi9SE - CMO Blooper reel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiIo5xUlQkg - CMO "Adventurosity Remix"

MickeyWill is offline B-Ticket Holder
    If you want to relax I would say Animal Kingdom. To me Beach Club/Yacht Club/and Boardwalk are "action hotels". There is nice little things to do but with that there are less privacy.

I agree with Justin and KickeyWill. AKL is great to relax and is a well done resort. For me I loved staying there (twice) but it was just too out of the way and I did not like not having access to other resorts. Yacht Club was great for the nightlife and I would also call it an action hotel. I think I love the Polynesian because you get that sort of private island feel to relax and you have easy access to the parks and other resorts. For me it is the best of both worlds. Now you might say you can get that with the Contemporary and the GF but they do not have easy walking access to the TTC to get on the monorail to Epcot (my favorite and most visited park). You have to take the monorail around to the TTC from those resorts. From the Polynesian we just walk and the time from our room to the gates of Epcot were 12 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydarling View Post
    I just took a peak at your honeymoon report....swoon... how romantic! When I meet Mr. Right I'm sending him your way for vacation planning advise! I love the brick proposal!
    You send your Mr. Right my way and I will give him all I got.

Aloha

Steve

dbm20th is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Without doubt the BC. It's location in walking distance to the World Showcase and even MGM makes your time much more easy to manage. If I could suggest a different one, I would say the Boardwalk.
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."

Mouse Extra
    determined to feed the Disney Addiction
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    I would pick the Yacht Club over the BC for a honeymoon...there are slightly less children on that side bc i feel like the BC is more of a family friendly atmosphere... not that YC doesn't have that, but it's a little more pronounced at the BC...the YC is at an amazing location...you can take a romantic walk to epcot(perhaps for dinner in the world showcase)...and you have better access to the parks....not that AKL is a "wrong" or "bad" choice either...it's beautiful and the food is amazing....and yes it is relaxing and romantic as well....i've stayed at all thse above mentioned resorts and they are all amazing so you couldn't make a wrong choice any way you decide to go...have a great time!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Coby'smama is offline B-Ticket Holder
    My hubby and I honeymooned at the Polynesian 30 years ago - and we loved it! WE started a family tradition - our son and daughter-in-law did the same 6 years ago. I concur with the Poly fans!!!
    We are all planning a family trip this July (I know bad time to go, but it's the only time everyone can make it) the advice on the YC vs the BC interests me (5 adults and a 14 year old in our party). Villa vs 2 or 3 rooms??? We love the Dolphin, but I don't think you can get the Meal plan with those hotels - at least my initial investigation online is not allowing me to do so. Any advice??

TinkAttitude is offline grumpy too
    we honeymooned 10 years ago in wilderness lodge - great for access to the parks and the most wonderful atmosphere anywhere in disney! now we are disney vacation club wilderness lodge villas goers and love love love it still! congratulations!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast