Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Disney Park Capacities in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Hi, I'm new to this site and I came across it while researching the question captioned above. Does anyone know the capacity of each of the Disney Parks? What # ...
    hofstra14 is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Disney Park Capacities

Hi, I'm new to this site and I came across it while researching the question captioned above. Does anyone know the capacity of each of the Disney Parks? What # do they reach during a busy period, like next week, before they close the entrance?

Thanks

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    not exactly sure, all I know is Magic Kingdom is 100,000 and EPCOT holds the most, but im not sure of a number
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Quote Originally Posted by nicks10 View Post
    not exactly sure, all I know is Magic Kingdom is 100,000 and EPCOT holds the most, but im not sure of a number
    Thanks, I had heard the 100,000 for MK before, do you think that's a real number or just a number that has circulated many times and become a fact? I wonder if any CM's know the real #'s?

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Don't have an answer for you, but to DWT. I'm a Hofstra grad myself
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Talking

Thank you, class of '81 - my daughter (another Disney fanatic) will be class of 2009.

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Welcome! A lot of people on here are from Hofstra, I do believe.I am not sure about the Max, but a couple of Christmases(is that sp?) ago, MK was shut because it had reached its max compacity..

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

That's exactly what prompted my question. A friend of mine is there now and I told him that the parks can close on some days due to the crowds. I'm going to be there in April during Easter week and I think the situation ay be similar though not quite as bad.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Doing a little research for you, I found that even when the parks 'close' due to crowds, you aren't always denied admission. They stop letting people in depending on their ticket type:

- day guests (one day tickets) are refused admission first when the park reaches "capacity."
    - multi-day tickets will be turned away next
    - then, only when the park is truly filled will Resort guests be turned away and encouraged to go to another park. Very very rarely, if ever, are all 4 parks at full capacity at exactly the same time.

Not sure where annual passholders fall in this scheme.

Another note, I saw that Animal Kingdom closed due to 'capacity' one day last week, but that it was not entirely due to crowds. A lack of staff forced them to cut off admissions for part of the day.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by hofstra14 View Post
    That's exactly what prompted my question. A friend of mine is there now and I told him that the parks can close on some days due to the crowds. I'm going to be there in April during Easter week and I think the situation ay be similar though not quite as bad.
    I don't think it will be as bad. I believe that it is more populated down in Disney during Christmas, than Easter(Christmas is when MK became closed)..
    The other parks were really crowded too, however, I don't think you will have to worry during Easter...

...Or not ( http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/wdwgu...t_a_glance.htm)

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Koda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I was just in Disney over Christmas break, and all of the parks except EPCOT were closed due to capacity at one point or another, MK is always the first to close it seems... one day all but Epcot were closed. There are different tiers at which the park will close, if you are staying on property you should be okay because the 2nd to last stage does allow disney hotel guests in and no one else, however the park does get officially full and no can come in no matter who you are... A cast member also told me that it does not turn into a "one in one out" situation. Enough people must leave to cause the capacity level to go down a whole tier before they will let anyone in again. Hope this helps... and Easter is a very busy season. I used to be a castmember and Easter and spring break time was always the busiest time of the year. I am sure you will always be able to get in one park or another... or wake up early then you will be sure to get in anywhere you like and the lines are a lot less if you get there when the park opens. Later in the afternoon it gets hot and crowded and you can use this time to take a nap or relax by the pool back at your hotel. Also make good use of your fastpasses. As soon as you get to a park go directy to rides you are most interested in/the most popular and fast pass them right away (unless you are there early and there is a short wait). You can then fill in the rest of the day with less popular attractions and shows and eating. Have fun!
    Koda

If we can dream it, we can do it! ~ Walt Disney

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    I see your trip has already been completed. Let us know how it turned out.

We were there in the summer of 2005 for 8 days that included the 4th of July holiday. We knew we wanted to be in the MK for the 4th so we made sure we got there in the morning, by 10:00 am, that way we knew we wouldn't be turned away.

I had scheduled PS for sit down meals at both lunch and dinner to insure we would have air conditioned breaks from the July heat.

As far as attractions, we used our fast passes wisely and were able to hit the major rides (SM, HM, Buzz, BTMRR, and Splash) at least once (also a few others like ISAW and Philharmagic) Luckily, we had been to the MK several times alread so we already had hit the things we deemed as "Must see/do" so if we missed anything it was okay. Granted it was a long day and the MK was open until 1:00 am.

We opted to leave that evening as the final showing of the Main Street Electrical parade was ready to begin. What luck, beacuse just as we got to our bus stop, the heavens opened and the rain came down in buckets!

It would be tough if a major holiday was the only day you had in the parks and wanted to hit everything.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Thanks for the insight, what you suggest is what we were thinking, get in early and then go back to te resort around lunch. Hang out and maybe go back in the evening. We've done this before in the summer to beat the crowds/heat. luckily we've done this many times so we don't need to try and cram a world tour into the trip.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    From what I understand, if you go in and leave, there is no guarentee you will be able to get back in.

That is why I sort of scheduled sit down, cool breaks in our day.

When are you going?

Last edited by MickeyBabe; 01-09-2007 at 11:35 PM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

bboi2006 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Being a former Cast Member I know for a fact the The Magic Kingdom (107 acres) - 75,000 guest. Even though at Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Year's, we are over capacity.
    Last edited by bboi2006; 04-23-2007 at 05:02 AM.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I would love to be at WDW anytime.....anytime but then. I couldn't imagine beign there when it's that crowded.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast