Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss Tell me everything you know.. in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I know there have probably been about a million of these threads but can anyone tell me some interesting things to do or look for at the various disney hotels. ...
    BrotherHuet is offline B-Ticket Holder

Tell me everything you know..

I know there have probably been about a million of these threads but can anyone tell me some interesting things to do or look for at the various disney hotels. I have been to disney a lot (since I was barely a year old) and I have yet to explore all of the resorts and I would like to try some of that this time. Please feel free to leave some messages about other hidden attractions as well. Do you believe I have been to Disney 16 times and never new you could go in the church in Norwey? Crazy I know...

But I am leaving on the 7th...also any tips on getting there by car would be helpful since I have never driven there before...Thanks, and have a magical day.
    August 1983 Contemporary (Just one year old!)
    August 1986 Contemporary
    August 1987 Contemporary
    August 1988 Contemporary
    August 1989 Polynesian
    August 1990 Contemporary
    August 1991 Contemporary
    August 1992 Polynesian
    August 1993 Polynesian
    August 1995 All Star Sports/Polynesian
    August 1996 All Star Music/Polynesian
    January 1998 Polynesian
    March 2000 All Star Music (Senior class trip)
    July/August 2003 Off Property
    September 2006 All Star Music
    January 2007 Pop Century
    October 2009 Disneyland-Alpine Inn (off property)
    November 2010 Pop Century
    June 2012 Disneyland - Grand Californian
    November 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    []Mapquest has the driving directions from your door to your Disney resort. Or, you could invest about $250.00 for a navigational system that will tell , you each step of the way, what road and when to turn. I love mine except she gets bossy if you miss a turn. It is fairly easy to drivr there, but take some ones and quarters because there are a couple of toll roads (from my direction anyway). Have fun.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I like to watch the gyser at the Wilderness Lodge. Also at night the Electrical Water Pagent can be seen from many of the resorts on Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon (but if you've been there 16 times I'm sure you know about this stuff)! If you get over to the Polynesian they have a torch lighting ceremony and Polynesian storytelling. The Boardwalk has the street performers and a couple games. I believe some of the resorts, Grand Floridian, Beach and Yacht Club, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge offer free (yes, I said FREE) tours of the resorts (I believe you have to be a quest of a WDW resort but not of the particular resort you want to take a tour of.)
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    sorry double post
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder

Wilderness Lodge

Did you know that guests staying the Lodge can request to raise the flag on the roof? A cast member will take you up a somewhat secret stairway out onto the roof. You need to put in for your request when you check in and they will let you know of a morning when you can do it. I've never done it myself, I always forget when I'm there but I understand the view from the roof is incredible.
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

Polynesian resort

Each evening there is a torch lighting ceremony. It's free and quite spectacular.
    www.bestwdw.com

Contemporary Resort

Did you know there isn't a 13th floor at the Contemporary? Inside the elevator, you'll see buttons for floors 10, 11, 12, 14, but no 13. This is actually quite common for many hotels, not just in Disney.
    www.bestwdw.com