Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Secrets for next WDW Trip in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; okay well this will be my 7th time going to WDW this Spring, and i am dedicating this trip to learning things, and going on cetain things i have never ...
    C-Howdizzle is offline E-Ticket Holder
    22 DRIVING hours away from WDW...(Chi-town)

Secrets for next WDW Trip

okay well this will be my 7th time going to WDW this Spring, and i am dedicating this trip to learning things, and going on cetain things i have never been on! I also am going on the Backstage Magic (200$) tour the 2nd day i get to WDW! I have went around on the site looking for really good posts from people with good tips and secrets, i thought id put it together for other people on a post! If anyone finds other posts that are good, or they have a good secret PLEASE PLEASE share it on this post, because i leaving MArch 25th and i want as much as i possibly can have!!! Thanks

-Mikey

Here are some that i took! Please Add

"Did you know that Tinker Bell's Treasure Shop is divided into two separate rooms? If you enter nearest to the Castle, you will see the room is themed after the darling childrens bedroom. You can see toys lining the room, No not the actual toys for sale . As you move through the store you can see that end up at Pirates Cove. Also, if you see tinkerbell flying around the room, follow where she lands. Once she lands in the dresser drawer, go peek through the keyhole and you'll see Tink herself!"

"Paintbrushes on TSI- if you find one of these, take it to the nearest available cast member. They will usually give you something in return, a certificate, pins, sometimes even a "skip the line" card!"

"at MGM there is an umbrella bolted to a lightpost on New York street. if you put one foot up on the post and grab the handle, rain falls and you can recreate a scene from "Singing in the Rain"

"when I was entering the HM there was a cast member taking pictures in front of the herse. So my family got one. When we went to pick it up we noticed that a ghostly driver as well as the phantom horse appeared in our picture. Now that is some disney magic. If you happen to see a CM taking pictures deffinitly go for it…also How about pulling the rope on the well next to indy stunt show."

"At the entrance to MuppetVision 3D, just as you enter the building, look for the "Security Office" on the right hand side. There, you will see a sign that says: "Back in 5 Minutes: Key Under Mat". If you look down at the mat you're standing on, you can lift it and actually find a key embedded in the carpet!!"

"My favorite secret is in the Tower of Terror. Right before you go in to the library to watch the video, there is a sign on the left that has the names of different suites in the hotel and such. Certain letters have fallen off, however. If you go over to the sign and look down in the bottom of the box, the letters that have fallen spell out "EVIL TOWER U R DOOMED" It is quite an interesting detail, its amazing how much thought the imagineers put into all the rides. check it out!"

"Where is the key to the rest rooms in Mickey's ToonTown fair?" since i was such a disney geek, I of course knew right away where it was. does anyone here know? (I'm sure somebody does.) Let's just say that if you've "got gas", the restroom is very close by "

"Ok, I'll probably get in trouble by all the CM's who are reading this but still, I like it. When you enter your park ticket to get a fastpass, simple go around back and push the reset button to redeem at least 5-10 fastpasses per ticket. It covers your entire family and that way you can get multiple fastpasses for one time window. Yes, most CM's are cautious about this, but still. I like my little deviousness."

"On Small World, at the end of the ride, there's the portion that has 'goodbye' written in several languages. One sign says, in slightly different spelling, something which, when said aloud, certainly sounds like, "What the ****?!"

on the jungle cruise ride when you see the tribe people listen to what they say. they all say funny things. the 3rd one says "i love disco"

"Main Street, USA is filled with little fun things... for example, pick up the antique phone in the General Store on the right hand side of the street. When you do, you can hear a "party line" conversation going on!!"

"also on the jungle cruise look at the scene where theres a rhino that has chased people up a pole. look at the guy's face (the guy at the bottom) his face is on another ride.
    go in the haunted mansion in the graveyard scene the guy who knees are shaking with the very skinny dog. doesn't his face look familiar? yeah it the same face"

Iv been ON space mountain when the lights were on!!! not in line...i was ON THE RIDE!!! I know your jealous...

2008 Upcoming- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2007- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2006- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2005- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2004- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002- Carribean Beach Resort
    2000- Disney Institute (with School Friend)

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    The "Evil Tower U R Doomed" was removed from ToT, and the FP button is a good way to get in trouble. I also think the Small World sign was removed during the last rehab, and new ones put up instead.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

disneyvixen is offline The Harasser of Podcasters!!
    Yeah, I agree with Pat.. I don't think you want to get thrown out of WDW. That would be heartbreaking. But I do have to add that when you do go to Tom Sawyer's Island and search for paint brushes, make sure you do so early in the morning. You have a better chance of actually finding one as the park is opening up.

I'm still dying to hear the "I love disco" line. Just another thing to do on my next trip!
    Jackie O.
    Next WDW Trip: Sometime in May, I think my AP is already paid for itself

"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." -Walt Disney

Love Disney news/Trip Reports? Join me at WDW According to Jackie O.

yeah the FP thing, i just put it in in case i saw sum1 doing it....i wouldnt do that, besides this vacation is dedicated to learning things not cheating
    Iv been ON space mountain when the lights were on!!! not in line...i was ON THE RIDE!!! I know your jealous...

PS: all the things in quotes in my 1st post come from other posts

nickv1025 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I know many people have sat in the front of the monorails with the conductors, but when you do, ask some questions about the monorail itself.

For example, when we went on, they told us that massive air blasts are shot down out of the entrance to the Contemporary Resort to keep moderate temperatures in the building.

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Im not going to lie.......the fastpass button trick works everytime
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

disneyimagineer is offline You may notice that I'm not all here myself
    By the way, I noticed that rest room key "secret" when I was 4 years old.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."-Walt Disney
    TTFN, Ta Ta For Now!
    Can you stand on your head?

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyimagineer View Post
    By the way, I noticed that rest room key "secret" when I was 4 years old.
    Yeah I think its more of a gag then a secret
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    To sort of second the comments on the FP thing... in many cases now they have CMs standing behind the FP machines to prevent people from doing it. Seems like they should've built those things with the button inside, accessible only by a key. Odd design decision on that one.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

RBrooksC is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    The "Evil Tower U R Doomed" was removed from ToT
    I have heard two reasons it was removed. One reason is some religious person came on the ride, saw the letters, got offended, complained and it was removed. The other reason is that the fallen letters was an idea by a CM and not done by the Imagineers to tell the story. The CM placed those letters there and they took a lift of their own. During a refurb, the letters were removed because they were not supposed to be that way.

I am not sure which story is correct. If anybody knows, please let us know.

HiddenMick is offline C-Ticket Holder
    These arent really secrets, but it's still very interesting.

When riding Splash Mountain, whe you enter the room with the Ferry Boat and everyone's singing, "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" to your right on the wall pretending to be sky there's a cloud. On a closer inspection of the cloud it's actually Mickey Mouse lying on his back.(I've been told this can aslo be seen from the WDWRR) and when exiting Big Thunder, right before the walkway becomes the regular walk-around are there is a rock your left side that has a indentation in the shape of Tinker Bell.

Like I said, not really a secret, but it's fun to look for them, and all the other Hidden Characters around the parks.
    Can't run away from Trouble, ain't no place that far.

Yensid is offline A-Ticket holder
    Just like getting a license when riding up front on the monorail - my son got to "steer" the jungle cruise boat one night after dark on our last trip. He was even given a skipper's license when he docked the boat!
    DVC Member
    AP Holder

jtrain75 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Last month I had limited time in the parks so we decided to do (to quote Baloo) the bare necessities, but I made it a point to do or try something new this trip. here are some of the new things we tried...
    1. No itinerary...no places to be at certain times (with the exception of the Liberty Tree Tavern). I have to say it was nice to roam the parks without feeling that we had to be in certain places for dinner and waking up not knowing what parks we were going to that day.
    2. Took photos of fireworks. I finally got an awesome camera and was able to set up a tripod to get photos. I got some good ones, but some were blocked by a tree. So next time I'll get to a good location a lot sooner!
    3. Tried the pineapple Dole Whip in the MK...SO GOOD!!!
    4. Finally saw Tinkerbell at the beginning of the fireworks in the MK!
    5. Got my daughter on the TOT...she loved it!
    6. Did the Ellen Energy ride at Epcot for the first time in 10 years. It was nice to get out of the heat.
    7. Bought a Mickey Mouse t-shirt at the Emporium...FINALLY!
    visit my website!!

1997- Honeymoon at the Yacht Club
    1999- Disney Cruise & Caribbean Beach Resort (lost 2 days in the park due to Hurricane Floyd)
    2004- Yacht Club & daughter's first visit to WDW
    2005- All Star Movies
    2006- All Star Sports
    2007- All Star Sports
    2008- USF Royal Pacific Resort and All Star Music
    2009- Beach Club
    2010- USF Royal Pacific Resort and Beach
    2011- Wilderness Lodge
    Club

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyvixen View Post
    But I do have to add that when you do go to Tom Sawyer's Island and search for paint brushes, make sure you do so early in the morning. You have a better chance of actually finding one as the park is opening up.
    actually, TSI doesnt open up until 10 in the morning, so really, just make sure you're on the 10:00 raft, and near the exit of it so you dont have to pummel small children when you get over there.
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast