Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 70
Secrets of WDW Discuss Castle secret.... in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by ERich2010 you know what i was thinking, this seems to be more "kid-under-10" oriented. so im guessing even if my family gets down there this year, they ...
  1. #31
    pranker51502's Avatar
    pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by ERich2010 View Post
    you know what i was thinking, this seems to be more "kid-under-10" oriented. so im guessing even if my family gets down there this year, they probably wont give the room to us because me and my sis are older. any truth to this?
    Nope that is not true. Everyone has a fair chance. Its not done by apperance. Its done more as if you sit on a bench during a certian time of the day. Its all random.


    Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11




  2. #32
    jasong618 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    68
    the party picked on that day is allowed to stay that night

  3. #33
    threeleggeddog's Avatar
    threeleggeddog is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Largo, Fl
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by bucknut20 View Post
    I know this topic is about the suite but, i was wondering if anyone knows where the wishing well is. I know it's around the castle but i have never found it.
    I seem to recall ot's being in fantasy land, but my memory is vague on it, I remember seeing it a long time ago, but can't remember exactly where, I will ask my friend the fairy godmother, she used to work with me at central reservations and actually trained my class, but she got the opportunity in like 1999 to be the one and only fairy Godmother so she packed her wand and now commutes from Tampa every day, she was retired prior to going to work at Disney and believe me she knows everything about the entire Walt Disney World history and properties, she actually taught the class on Disney history to cast members for quite a while, she still might for all I know, I will drop by and ask her cuz she has never not known a trivia answer before, she should be home in a few hours so I'll call and stop by if her hubby gives the nod.....they might be going out as it is Friday ya know.

  4. #34
    threeleggeddog's Avatar
    threeleggeddog is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Largo, Fl
    Posts
    179
    I think i would be hilarious if they picked me while at Downtown Disney. First it would give my attorney a coronary that I was even on Disney property much less chosen to be put up in the castle, and the Disney legal office would be having arterial blowouts when they found out cuz we are about to get around 7 million dollars from them, although I guess they could use it as good PR, even though this man has succesfully sued us for 7 million we were gracious enough to put up him and his family in Cinderella's castle for the night. I think it would be more like unfortunately due to the small type we won't be able to honor our offer

  5. #35
    BeastlyKingdom?'s Avatar
    BeastlyKingdom? is offline finally in college... hello disney college program
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    where ever the compass points
    Posts
    573
    i see this YoMD suite idea totally cool but i am just worried about the random picking thing by 5th person drinking out a water fountain. if they pick a young newlywed couple and love is in the air that night in the castle and they have a camera that it could turn horribly wrong for disney if it got out into public
    the only 18 year old boy who like disney more than girls......... nvm disney is a close 2nd

    I think back on why i am so strange now i know why .... I blame Disney but i still love it

    " we have always tried to be guided by the basic idea that, in the discovery of knowledge, there is great entertainment."
    - walt disney

  6. #36
    Cinderella2's Avatar
    Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,511
    Quote Originally Posted by bucknut20 View Post
    I know this topic is about the suite but, i was wondering if anyone knows where the wishing well is. I know it's around the castle but i have never found it.
    It is behind the Castle, a little off to the side. I have a few photos of it, I will see if I can find it and post it for you.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

  7. #37
    Disney05's Avatar
    Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,190
    Quote Originally Posted by threeleggeddog View Post
    I think i would be hilarious if they picked me while at Downtown Disney. First it would give my attorney a coronary that I was even on Disney property much less chosen to be put up in the castle, and the Disney legal office would be having arterial blowouts when they found out cuz we are about to get around 7 million dollars from them, although I guess they could use it as good PR, even though this man has succesfully sued us for 7 million we were gracious enough to put up him and his family in Cinderella's castle for the night. I think it would be more like unfortunately due to the small type we won't be able to honor our offer

    Heh?
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."


    http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

  8. #38
    jasong618 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastlyKingdom? View Post
    i see this YoMD suite idea totally cool but i am just worried about the random picking thing by 5th person drinking out a water fountain. if they pick a young newlywed couple and love is in the air that night in the castle and they have a camera that it could turn horribly wrong for disney if it got out into public
    cameras? what? why would it get out to the public?

    i guess if you think about it... im sure it happens in all of the hotels on disney propery but the rooms get turned over after every guest

  9. #39
    threeleggeddog's Avatar
    threeleggeddog is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Largo, Fl
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney05 View Post
    Heh?
    I had my back broken while at EPCOT in 5 places and we are about done with the case, mediation is on the 9th and trial in Aug, and even Disney knows they don't have a snowballs chance in you know where of winning. The ramp I was hurt on is out of code according the EPCOT CODES which govern all construction in the parks. It is a huge amount based on what experts have said it will cost for my medical needs the rest of my life, for interest I have to have another surgery and am awaiting delivery of a custom wheelchair, the next thing they are pushing for is a hospital bed, and it would make life easier but I just want some normality in my life. but I wish it was never neccesary to do, but sometimes we have no choice unless we want a mouse sized bootprint on our foreheads, do you realise that Disney has the worst safety record in the entertainment industry, even when taking into account that they have more parks and area, I honestly believe the reason for much of that is Michael Eisner, but thank God he is history so hopefully we will see improvements, I will say this after my accident (although they vehemently deny this) they have changed the ramps to bring them into code.

  10. #40
    BamaJenn's Avatar
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The Idea Bag
    Posts
    8,572
    Quote Originally Posted by threeleggeddog View Post
    I had my back broken while at EPCOT in 5 places and we are about done with the case, mediation is on the 9th and trial in Aug, and even Disney knows they don't have a snowballs chance in you know where of winning. The ramp I was hurt on is out of code according the EPCOT CODES which govern all construction in the parks. It is a huge amount based on what experts have said it will cost for my medical needs the rest of my life, for interest I have to have another surgery and am awaiting delivery of a custom wheelchair, the next thing they are pushing for is a hospital bed, and it would make life easier but I just want some normality in my life. but I wish it was never neccesary to do, but sometimes we have no choice unless we want a mouse sized bootprint on our foreheads, do you realise that Disney has the worst safety record in the entertainment industry, even when taking into account that they have more parks and area, I honestly believe the reason for much of that is Michael Eisner, but thank God he is history so hopefully we will see improvements, I will say this after my accident (although they vehemently deny this) they have changed the ramps to bring them into code.
    May be a good idea to start another topic specifically about this... see what people think. Me... $7 million seems a little outrages but it's nothing personal of course. There are much more ridiculous suits out there like the whole "I'm so fat I can't get out of this booth at McDonald's that I stuffed myself into so I think I'll sue." or my favorite "The coffee was hot and burned me when I spilled it on myself so I think I'll sue."
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

  11. #41
    jasong618 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    68
    this is true and up until this past month I would of thought the same thing. however just by breaking my ankle, needing a plate and 8 screws put in, 2 surgeries, a week in the hospital (thousands of dollars in itself just to stay there) and now follow up visits for a cast and therapy. (thank god for insurance) was very expensive.

    threeleggeddog, insurance help at all in your situation? i didnt even think of asking this before

    but given his situation and what it will cost him to deal with this situation for the rest of his life, 7mil seems somewhat correct

  12. #42
    threeleggeddog's Avatar
    threeleggeddog is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Largo, Fl
    Posts
    179
    Sure Insurance helps. that is my insurance helps and they get paid back for every penny they spend according to our laws at the end of the lawsuit, and on top of that there is almost 1 million dollars in medical expenses over the last 6 years. When I hear people say something like that seems excessive I have to remind myself they are just ignorant of what the realities are and not just ....well....something else shall we say. We hired the formost expert in the field, a gentleman named Dr. Deutsch he is the formost expert in figuring out what a person's medical needs are likely to be as well as lost wages and other things, he does this in a completely unbiased fashion and his books and the methods he created to do this are now used by every court in the entire world. I didn't just come up with a number that sounds good in all actuallity according to the experts that number barely covers what my needs will be, and understand that the award will very unlikely be a check for that amount but rather a structured payment which covers the expenses thus far and then a monthly stipend that is designed to cover all of my needs for the future, and just hopes that there is no vast increase in those costs. You know it would really behoove someone to get some basic facts on a subject before expressing an opinion and sounding a little ignorant.

  13. #43
    threeleggeddog's Avatar
    threeleggeddog is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Largo, Fl
    Posts
    179
    Oh and by the way, I was in exceptional health when this accident occured, I rode bicycle 50 miles on average a day, and had a single stack professional excercise machine which was daily used prior to the accident but thank you for painting me with the same brush as those folks

  14. #44
    threeleggeddog's Avatar
    threeleggeddog is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Largo, Fl
    Posts
    179
    One more thing I am not terribly concerned about hurting financially a company that will clear about 10 million in profits in the first 10 minutes of business this morning, I also don't have alot of sympathy in that manner for a company that broke into my home and bugged my phones but that is another discussion

  15. #45
    BamaJenn's Avatar
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The Idea Bag
    Posts
    8,572
    Quote Originally Posted by threeleggeddog View Post
    Sure Insurance helps. that is my insurance helps and they get paid back for every penny they spend according to our laws at the end of the lawsuit, and on top of that there is almost 1 million dollars in medical expenses over the last 6 years. When I hear people say something like that seems excessive I have to remind myself they are just ignorant of what the realities are and not just ....well....something else shall we say. We hired the formost expert in the field, a gentleman named Dr. Deutsch he is the formost expert in figuring out what a person's medical needs are likely to be as well as lost wages and other things, he does this in a completely unbiased fashion and his books and the methods he created to do this are now used by every court in the entire world. I didn't just come up with a number that sounds good in all actuallity according to the experts that number barely covers what my needs will be, and understand that the award will very unlikely be a check for that amount but rather a structured payment which covers the expenses thus far and then a monthly stipend that is designed to cover all of my needs for the future, and just hopes that there is no vast increase in those costs. You know it would really behoove someone to get some basic facts on a subject before expressing an opinion and sounding a little ignorant.
    I don't really appreciate the insinuation that I am ignorant for stating my opinion. I don't doubt in anyway that you had a lot of medical bills etc. You'll note in my comment I also said it wasn't personal in anyway or specific to your situation, just that $7 million seemed like a heck of a lot of money. I certainly wasn't trying to demean your situation in anyway or say that your pain wasn't worth that money... just that it was a LOT of it. We are all entitled to our opinions... and those opinions don't make us ignorant.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •