Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
Secrets of WDW Discuss Original Band at Tomorrowland Terrace in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I believe they still have live entertainment on that stage during special events like Night Of Joy, etc., and the stage still goes up & down. I aven't been in ...
    jmurfin is offline A-Ticket holder
    I believe they still have live entertainment on that stage during special events like Night Of Joy, etc., and the stage still goes up & down. I aven't been in there in a long time, so I am not sure Sonny is even there anymore.
    Jeff (aka "BiggerTigger")
    Been so many times to DW I am ashamed to count!

dkrfla is offline A-Ticket holder
    Sonny is still there. They did give him some more songs finally. I remember Tobasco also played at the Galaxy Palace Theatre sometimes in the 80's.D~
    Jomur likes this.

Tikikrissy is offline C-Ticket Holder

We Loved Tobasco!

I remember seeing Tobasco in 1988, when I was at WDW for the opening of the Grand Floridian! I remember NOT knowing the songs they were singing - so, I'm not sure they were 80's hits. I was a teenager at the time... it could have been disco hits or something - but I really do not remember. I DO remember looking forward to the stage rising and the band appearing. The costumes were "far-out." I will look for pictures and scan them if possible.
    Jomur likes this.

hummel4trumpet is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Original Band at Tomorrowland Terrace

We used to go to Disney just watch Tabasco. Sad, I know. They did play mostly 80's music, that was current at the time. I also remember seeing the synthesizer musician, that was earlier then Tabasco. He ended up playing on David Letterman.
    Jomur likes this.

drummerjack is offline A-Ticket holder

The original band at Tomorrowland Terrace was the Dallas Soundtrack. I know because I was the drummer in the band. After playing at Disneyland In California for six months, we were asked to open Disneyworld in October of 1971. We performed at Tomorrowland Terrace (Coke Pavillion) for about another 6/months. On our last day there, most of the Characters in the park marched into the Terrace (including Mickey), and said goodbye to us. What an amazing experience, I will never forget. A side note: Tommy James performed on the stage for New Years Eve that year.

Anybody remember?
    Last edited by drummerjack; 02-19-2011 at 11:05 AM.
    Jomur likes this.

Jomur is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi: I just found this forum and this comment, I understand it is a very old comment, but I am the drummer of that group called Tabasco and we were in Tomorrowland terrace at Disney World and at Disneyland, I don't know what park the question is for, but in any case, we were not the first band, we were in Orlando in 1974 then in Disneyland in 1975, we went back to DisneyWorld Orlando in 1982 and we stayed there until 1989 at the Terrace, but we also played at the Tomorrowland Theater and in front of the castle for special events, I have a video to share from 1974-1975 in you tube and if you want more info we are in You tube, there are some videos from that time. Our agent was Sonny Anderson (RIP), great friend and musician.

We have a page in myspace
    Jorge
    Last edited by Jomur; 04-26-2013 at 02:52 AM.

Hi: I just read your post, I am the drummer of Tabasco, and thank you for going to see us... what is so sad about it? we had a lot of people that only went to the park to see our band, not caring about the rides, and that meant a lot for us, and that is why we remained for 8 years as the house band, anyway thank you for your support.
    Greetings.
    Jorge
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Wow! this posts are really old, but I just became a member of this forum and found some comments about us, I am the drummer of Tabasco, and yes we played only 80's top 40s , maybe for a private parties or special events we played more dance music, there are pics and videos in Myspace and Youtube.
    Jorge
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12