Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss Keys to the Kingdom in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Well I had the pleasure of taking the tour. Excellent tour, its cool to walk around with the ear peice in and everyone wonders what your doing. First off, hidden ...
    jasong618 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Keys to the Kingdom

Well I had the pleasure of taking the tour. Excellent tour, its cool to walk around with the ear peice in and everyone wonders what your doing.

First off, hidden mickey on jungle cruise, I am sure you all know of this one but look at the crashed airplane right below the porthole you will see it.

Jungle cruise secret. As you see the natives, the first set, you will go around a corner and there will be another set on the left of the boat. Listen carefully one of them says "I love disco" (again that may be old).

Certain areas of the utiladors can fit vehicles as big as an armored car.

Anyone have any pictures of the driver seats for the parade floats? I saw those as well.

Anyone else with fun facts add them here. I know im starting another thread but it keeps discussion going.

Hmm. this is a no brainer, any know wether the cealing goes up or the floor goes down? How do they make it appear the way it does?

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by jasong618 View Post

Jungle cruise secret. As you see the natives, the first set, you will go around a corner and there will be another set on the left of the boat. Listen carefully one of them says "I love disco" (again that may be old)

Hmm. this is a no brainer, any know wether the cealing goes up or the floor goes down? How do they make it appear the way it does?

I never knew that about the natives saying "I love Disco" next time I go on I am really going to listen but the guides are always talking. I definitely want to take a tour next time in WDW, I have never been on one, this sounds like a good one. The question about does the ceiling going up or down (I assume you talking about the Haunted Mansion), well it depends on which park your talking about. This paragraph is from About.com.....

So, does the floor descend or does the ceiling rise in the Haunted Mansion's Portrait Chamber (aka the stretching room)? Well...both--it depends on the location. As with Pirates of the Carribean, the space-strapped Disneyland in California needed to transport guests to a large building beyond the park's berm. The Chamber is actually an elevator that takes guests down to an underground passageway, which leads to the show building. Disneyland Paris' Phantom Manor uses the same concept. In the Florida and Tokyo versions however, space is less of an issue, so the ride building is directly behind the facade. In those stretching rooms, the ceiling rises, and guests remain on the same level.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Cool! I love secrets. I just wish I had some to share.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Well I had the pleasure of taking the tour. Excellent tour, its cool to walk around with the ear peice in and everyone wonders what your doing.

First off, hidden mickey on jungle cruise, I am sure you all know of this one but look at the crashed airplane right below the porthole you will see it.

Jungle cruise secret. As you see the natives, the first set, you will go around a corner and there will be another set on the left of the boat. Listen carefully one of them says "I love disco" (again that may be old).

Certain areas of the utiladors can fit vehicles as big as an armored car.

Anyone have any pictures of the driver seats for the parade floats? I saw those as well.

Anyone else with fun facts add them here. I know im starting another thread but it keeps discussion going.

I took that tour in November, and it was probably the best 5 hours of the entire vacation. Here's a fun fact we learned while on it: Take a look at the explorer who "got the point.... in the end" on the Jungle Cruise. Remember his face. Then head over to the Haunted Mansion, and look at the grounds keeper that you see after travelling backwards out of the Mansion attack - same guy! :-)

Oh another fun one - next time you're walking from Frontierland to Liberty Square, keep your eyes on the ground. At one point, you cross a blue patch of ground. This is supposed to be symbollic of crossing the Mississippi River from the Old West over to the Eastern Colonies. Very cool.

i didnt know about that, the blue patch. We didnt get told that on our tour!!!! Yes the stretching room in orlando at haunted mansion very clearly does not move because there is no seem in the carpet. The effect of going down is given by the fact that not only does the cealing rise but the mantle/whatever you want to call it the little ledge moves up at a slower rate, thus giving the appearence that your getting further away from the cealing. IT IS COOL!!!

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    Ummmmmm Disney secrets i love to hear all about them..........
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

Aloysius is offline A-Ticket holder
    Also, from what I've heard, there is a gap in the carpet as you cross the threshold of the stretching room at Disneyland since the elevator is separate from the surrounding space. At WDW, however, the carpet is continuous from the areas surrounding it into the stretching room since it is all on one floor.

yes correct, anyone who thinks the room is moving down... just look at the carpet... if it were moving where is the gap? the illusion is pretty cool though!

cskiff7895 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    Oh another fun one - next time you're walking from Frontierland to Liberty Square, keep your eyes on the ground. At one point, you cross a blue patch of ground. This is supposed to be symbollic of crossing the Mississippi River from the Old West over to the Eastern Colonies. Very cool.

This is true, except that there really is a stream of water there, it runs UNDER the walkway from the water wheel to the south on the side of the shops, under the walkway and into the Rivers of America.

Also, I read that somewhere in frontierland is some yellow colored gravel that is supposted to look like a horse went to the bathroom. Maybe I read it in one of Lou's Books?

threeleggeddog is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Does anyone know about the bullet hole in the glass at the haunted mansion? The Disneyland Haunted mansion I should say, it is real and can't be fixed because of the size of the pane of glass, so they camoflaged it with a spiders web.

nospinguy is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by cskiff7895 View Post
    Also, I read that somewhere in frontierland is some yellow colored gravel that is supposted to look like a horse went to the bathroom. Maybe I read it in one of Lou's Books?
    I remember my guide telling me something about the ground on this tour, but I can't remember what. I want to think it was something a little more interesting than animal waste, though

On another note, the originator of this thread said he had an earpiece for this tour. Do you have earpieces instead of a personal guide now, or both? Last time I took the tour was in '01 and there were no earpieces...
    Come see me at www.wdwblog.com!

Most Recent Trip:
    3/7 - 3/15 '09

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by nospinguy View Post
    I remember my guide telling me something about the ground on this tour, but I can't remember what. I want to think it was something a little more interesting than animal waste, though

On another note, the originator of this thread said he had an earpiece for this tour. Do you have earpieces instead of a personal guide now, or both? Last time I took the tour was in '01 and there were no earpieces...
    That was their 'sewage' back in the day, and when your family tosses out your 'waste' every morning out the window and it flows down the middle of the street. After hearing that, I made sure I stayed to one side while walking through Liberty Square, lol.

It depends on the tour guide. I've seen tours with the earpieces and without earpieces, but they've all had a guide with them. I'm guessing this was during a transitional phase where they're adding them now and probably all have ear pieces?

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I took the tour in May. We all had earpieces so we could hear the guide. We could hear everything which was nice.

LostGirl is offline A-Ticket holder
    Well I had the pleasure of taking the tour.
    The other half of the airplane can be found on another ride.. It's the back half of the plane on the Great Movie Ride in the Casablanca scene
    Since 1980
    26 trips to WDW
    9 stays at the Polynesian
    4 stays at the Wilderness Lodge
    2 stays at the Contemporary
    1 stay at the Grand Floridian
    1 stay at Fort Wilderness Campgrounds (in a cabin)
    1 stay at All Star Sports
    9 stays off site
    2 Disney Cruises--Both on the DisneyWonder
    3 Trips to DLR
    1 stay at the Grand Californian
    1 stay at the Disneyland Hotel
    1 stay offsite at a Friendly Neighbor Hotel across the street
    1 Trip to Disneyland Paris (off site)

Next trip:
    Jan 4-6 2009 Wilderness Lodge