Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss question on paint brush in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; HI!! I found out about the paint brushes on Tom Saywer island from this site (Thanks!!) but has anyone here found one before? Where were places you have found them??...
    starlightbh8 is offline A-Ticket holder

question on paint brush

HI!! I found out about the paint brushes on Tom Saywer island from this site (Thanks!!) but has anyone here found one before? Where were places you have found them??
    Ariel: [singing] "Up where they walk/up where they run/up where they stay all day in the sun/Wanderin' free/wish I could be/Part of that world..."

peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder
    i have never found them... but when i go in may im going to try
    shannon

Cinderelliefan is offline A-Ticket holder
    Bangkok, Thailand (originally from Louisiana)
    Here's what worked for us, you need to get to the island as soon as it opens in the morning. That kinda gives you an extra edge on getting a paint brush. The odds are in your favor as you know all the paint brushes are still there and none were found as of yet, which increases your odds of finding one, versus other parts of the day when you have no idea of how many paint brushes were already found if any, at the time you are on the island.

If you are in the first group to get to explore the island we just followed the lil walkways, be sure to look on the path as you walk, our kids found a few just laying next to the path in random locations. Look high and low as you never know where they will turn up.
    One thing we didnt know about was when our son was exploring one of the caves and he came across a lil brown drawstring bag and when he looked inside he found gold (gold Mickey confetti) Since we never herd of this before we thought someone loss a toy or keepsake of some sort. So when we left the island we returned it to the cast member for lost and found. The Cast Member told my son looks like you found some of Mickey's gold! And then told him to step to the side and after everyone left he gave our son a Fast Pass for Splash Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain. He was also able to keep the lil bag of gold which he loved.

Just one of the little moments that makes Disney, Disney!

starlightbh8 is offline A-Ticket holder
    The gold Mickey confetti sounds so cool to find, and the fact that you could keep it is even better. Thanks for that tip!! What is the earliest time you can go to the island. Is it the same time as the park opens?? Thanks for helping !!!
    Ariel: [singing] "Up where they walk/up where they run/up where they stay all day in the sun/Wanderin' free/wish I could be/Part of that world..."

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I never heard about this. im gonna have to try this when i go in december.

Cinderelliefan is offline A-Ticket holder
    Bangkok, Thailand (originally from Louisiana)
    It may have been on an extra magic hours day when we went and I know we rode Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain first then waited maybe 10 minutes for that attraction to open.

Good Luck!

jswalker1981 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've found a paintbrush last time I went to TSI. I found mine after walking through a cave and coming out the back end (I entered on the Thunder Mtn side) and there was a little deck that had a little shed on it. On the left side of the small deck (8'x8') there were some boxes, and stuck between the boxes was a paintbrush. My DGF also found one leaning up against one of the cannons in the fort. I have heard that the fort is normally has at least one paintbrush. We gave one of the paintbrushes to a family looking for one, and kept the other one. We handed it back to a CM back on the mainland, and she gave us a pass that got us to the front of the line of either Splash or Thunder Mtn. We didn't use it as we had already been on Thunder Mtn and Splash was being refurbed. I wanted it just for proof that I found a paintbrush.

Be sure to be one of the first families over there, it opens at 10am, so you should always have time to get there. We got to the park when it opened at 9am, we got a FP for Space Mtn, rode POTC and Thunder Mtn, and still had 20 minutes to spare before TSI opened.
    The Butabi brothers from Night at the Roxbury:

Doug Butabi: So anyways, I was standing there waiting to use the pay phone.
    Steve Butabi: Yeah, he was, seriously.
    Doug Butabi: And this guy who was on the phone, turns around and tips his hat like this.
    Steve Butabi: And who do you think that guy was?
    Doug Butabi: Lou Mongello.
    Steve Butabi: The Disney World Trivia man, I swear to God, I was there.
    Doug Butabi: Of course you were, you were the one who yelled the Podcaster's name.
    Steve Butabi: I was like, "LOU!!!"

MINNIE07 is offline A-Ticket holder
    about the paint brushes -are they small, like for portrait painting or larger like for paint fences or decks? can you just keep the brush if found or do cm ask for them back? Are they any specific colour/ have they been used? I heard somewhere that you can paint a fence outside Aunt Polly's -is this true? Is that considered a paint brush to bring back to the cm?

jpjobes is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MINNIE07 View Post
    about the paint brushes -are they small, like for portrait painting or larger like for paint fences or decks? can you just keep the brush if found or do cm ask for them back? Are they any specific colour/ have they been used? I heard somewhere that you can paint a fence outside Aunt Polly's -is this true? Is that considered a paint brush to bring back to the cm?
    They're large and used and well worn. IIRC, they have different colored handles and they have dried white paint on them.
    I found two the last time I went. I gave one to a couple and their kids and turned the other in for two BTM/Splash Fastpasses.
    Never heard of the Aunt Polly's deal, but the brushes to find for turn in for Fastpasses are just placed on the path or just off the edge of the path throughout the island.

Jeff

threeleggeddog is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I always left them when I've found them for kids to find, I'm a crusty old guy in a wheelchair or cane on a reallt good day, and besides the whole idea is to make nagic for kids

BeastlyKingdom? is offline finally in college... hello disney college program
    yeah the paint brushes in the morning are easy to find later you go there can still be one or two very well hidden ask the river raft captain if all where found before you leave the raft
    the only 18 year old boy who like disney more than girls......... nvm disney is a close 2nd

I think back on why i am so strange now i know why .... I blame Disney but i still love it

" we have always tried to be guided by the basic idea that, in the discovery of knowledge, there is great entertainment."
    - walt disney

gymrat5 is offline Penny Hardaway 1 cent
    does anyone know if the paint brushes exist @ DL?
    ~Gym

*DISNEYLAND PASSHOLDER since 1999, attending regularly since 1987*

WDW TRIPS
    '94 - July, off-site
    '96 - August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)
    '98 - May, For Odyssey of the Mind World Finals: All-Star Sports
    '98 - July/August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)
    '00 - July/August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)
    '05 - August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)

*An Orange Lake Country Owner (a RCI timeshare resort)

Hiddenmickeyboy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Are they sometimes hidden in the Caves? speaking of caves.....Is there a cave with a simulated bottomless pit? sorry for getting off topic.
    999,999 score on BLSRS! Galactic Hero!

I love working in the Theme Park Industry!

BeastlyKingdom? is offline finally in college... hello disney college program
    i have no clue about the paintbrushes at DL
    the only 18 year old boy who like disney more than girls......... nvm disney is a close 2nd

I think back on why i am so strange now i know why .... I blame Disney but i still love it

" we have always tried to be guided by the basic idea that, in the discovery of knowledge, there is great entertainment."
    - walt disney

wedlegacy is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by threeleggeddog View Post
    I always left them when I've found them for kids to find, I'm a crusty old guy in a wheelchair or cane on a reallt good day, and besides the whole idea is to make nagic for kids

That is absolutely wonderful! There should be more people in the world like you! I think you missed your calling...you shoulda been a part of the D-team!
    Tiffany

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast