Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Cast Member Nametags in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I have one from '96 it was red with Mickey on it. As Sam said, they are to promote more interaction with cast and guest, including addressing you by name....
    TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    I have one from '96 it was red with Mickey on it.

As Sam said, they are to promote more interaction with cast and guest, including addressing you by name.

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    Other colors? I think there was a green one with Pooh (or maybe Tigger) on it..

tiggerguy is online now As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam I Am
    Other colors? I think there was a green one with Pooh (or maybe Tigger) on it..
    I have a green with Tigger on it.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    That would be it then

emobelle is offline Fastpass Holder
    I saw a guest wearing an actual CM nametag once (he was wearing it on the wrong side and not on a costume, so it was obvious he wasn't a CM!) and it got confiscated.
    I think he said he bought it on ebay.

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    do they come with pre-printed names, or can you have them done.

if they could be done with anything i want, i'd get mine to say Trogdor. it'd be funny having everyone refer to me as Trogdor while at the world.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    There are two major issues here: First, would be misuse of a badge to try to impersonate a CM; second, kids with nametags in any park is a no-no for obvious reasons.

Instead of a nametag I could wear my shirt with "Bud" on the pocket!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    it'd be funny having everyone refer to me as Trogdor while at the world.
    Okay Mr. Burninator, Sir... Anything you say, sir.

william092 is offline A-Ticket holder
    i got mine from my aunt, who was a cast member. mine is for Disneyland though!

juliez is offline A-Ticket holder
    name tags that cast members wear are just that, for cast members . depending on what is happening at wdw depends on what tag will be worn. for example name tags currently have "happiest celebration on earth" . cast members are forbidden to sell any items given to them by the company. you can purchase name tags with differnet charters on them at the world of disney at downtown disney or at disney days of christmas also at downtown. the christmas store will put your name on it.

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    Quote Originally Posted by emobelle
    I saw a guest wearing an actual CM nametag once (he was wearing it on the wrong side and not on a costume, so it was obvious he wasn't a CM!) and it got confiscated.
    I think he said he bought it on ebay.
    So wearing one of mine on a trip to WDW would be a no no?

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    'Me Trivia' - I once bought a blank one on eBay, the older 80s version, and had it personally engraved locally in the right font and colour. It looks great, and it's one of my Disney items that I am proud of, but even I'm not stupid enough to wear it to one of the parks. And that's saying something...

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

BellhopMicah is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I am lucky to have the red GOH badge, which is now un-available.

Kimpossible is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by juliez
    name tags that cast members wear are just that, for cast members . depending on what is happening at wdw depends on what tag will be worn. for example name tags currently have "happiest celebration on earth" . cast members are forbidden to sell any items given to them by the company. you can purchase name tags with differnet charters on them at the world of disney at downtown disney or at disney days of christmas also at downtown. the christmas store will put your name on it.
    Yup. I'd be scared of them taking mine, but it's in my scrapbook anyway with my year pin.
    Now is the time. Now is the best time. Now is the best time of your life. Life is a prize. Live every minute. Open your eyes and watch how you win it. Yesterdays memories may sparkle and gleam. Tomorrow is still but a dream! Remember the past, but live for today. The whole world is watching and your in the parade. There's so much to cheer for, be glad you're here for it's the best time of your life!

juliez is offline A-Ticket holder
    if your pin is a cast member pin then i would suggest not to wear it for several reasons...you may be approached by a guest and say something (non intentional) not appropriate...the cast member name tags change as per what is happening around the resort (right now its happiest celebration on earth) so if you wore the name tag then you may be assumed to be a castmember that has the wrong name tag which equals in my book "bad show" but if the purchased ones then by all means wear it have fun that is what it is all about. jz

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast