Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Secrets of WDW Discuss Cast Member Nametags in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I have one of the older red nametags and I had numourous people come to me assuming that I was a cast member, (tourist don't really know exactly how a ...
    coasterridr is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have one of the older red nametags and I had numourous people come to me assuming that I was a cast member, (tourist don't really know exactly how a cast member should look) Anyway most of the questions were just direction related and since I know WDW like the back of my hand it was very simple to be polite, point with three fingers and send them on thier way, after they thanked me I would say "Your very welcome, have a magical day!" That was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by dwellspompano View Post
    I have one also I bought it a few years back. It is true that CMs will notice you by name and interact with you, I got on the Jungle Cruise and the captian said Hi David and then told EVERYONE to say hi to me (heehee) I felt special and probably had a few guests wondering who I was. On the otherhand you have to be prepared. Being single and a big kid at heart I travel alone toWDW frequently I only live a few hours away ...anyway I digressed... ALOT of guests have mistaken me for a real CM and asked me questions... most of which I just answer and go along my way... sometimes I have to explain I am not a CM and polietly point them in the direction of a real CM.

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder
    I have one of the personalized nametags.I don't remember which park or exactly when I got it, because I got it when I was 3.It's really cool.It's red with Mickey on it,and it has my name and location on it.It also says Guest Of Honor.I'm going to get another one in the future.When I work at Disney!!!
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    supposedly, they are bringing back the hometowns on the castmember name tags for the yoamd
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder
    im not too sure if that is true....i used to work in disney back in 98 and they were very strict so im not too sure if they would do that

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I bought one off of LaughingPlace Store.com. I love it! It is engraved with my name and it came directly from the park. Here's the link:

http://www.laughingplacestore.com/Category-RC-431.asp

I got the 2007 one, but there are several to choose from.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Quote Originally Posted by skiyalater View Post
    supposedly, they are bringing back the hometowns on the castmember name tags for the yoamd
    Yep! Mine says "Tina" from "Tampa" haha!
    Tina

threeleggeddog is offline C-Ticket Holder
    They cannot "confiscate" your badge, I have 2 from when I worked there and the associated mickey pins that go with service (steamboat willie mickey) if they tried to take it, you could take them to court and win so they don't need or want the embarrasment. Most likely they would just politely ask you not to display it.

threeleggeddog is offline C-Ticket Holder
    There is a way to use a CM name tag and go where ever you want in the kingdoms, backstage whatever, but I am not going to tell because if you were dumb enough to try and happened to get caught you would probably be banned from the parks for life.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234