Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss Main Street Firehouse Upstairs? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I read somewhere that there is a upstairs to the Firehouse on Main Street, where Walt used to stay when he slept over at the park. Is this true?...
    Mr. Imagineer is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile Main Street Firehouse Upstairs?

I read somewhere that there is a upstairs to the Firehouse on Main Street, where Walt used to stay when he slept over at the park. Is this true?
    There are three types of people in the world: People who can count and people who can't!

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    I know that it is not true for WDW but I think it MAY be true for DL.
    Maggie

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    It is true for Disneyland, CA. Remember, Walt passed away before construction started on WDW, so he couldn't have stayed at the park in Florida.

There is an apartment that was used by Walt and his family over the Fire House. Originally Walt could even slide down the fire pole from his apartment, but that had to be sealed when some ambitious guest shimmied up the pole and got into the apartment.

There is more information about it in this thread: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ead.php?t=4591
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Mac Mika is offline A-Ticket holder
    Many years ago a group of CM's from FL visited CA DL. We were give a tour and one of the places we got to go to was the apartment above the firehouse. It was beautiful and if I remember correctly very red.
    We also got to see the mock up of EPCOT Center, we were thrilled because it was being built here in FL.
    MAC

DisneyFreak1963 is offline A-Ticket holder
    There are pictures from National Geographic that shoiw Walt and his family in the apartment above the Firehouse in DL and yes it was and still is very red
    Remember it all started with a mouse :mickey: Ben

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I believe there is in DLR but i've only heard of one in WDW in Kingdom Keepers which is fiction.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

DisneyFreak15 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Kingdom Keepers is my favorite book! Ive always wonderd if any of it was true. but im going to believe that the one in wdw isnt real. I guess that just gives me another reason to visit Disney Land!

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I watched a program on the History Channel and they said that there was going to be an apartment for Walt in Cinderella Castle, but they didn't finish it because he died. For a few years they used it as the telephone operatorss room.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

acradias is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    good deal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

malcolmc is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have no proof, of course, but I've always thought that the "rumored" apartment in WDW's castle is the same physical space now being offered to guests as part of the Year of a Million Dreams promotion. Obviously they's spiffed it up a bit...

amy_fm84 is offline A-Ticket holder
    the room in cinderellas castle was being constructed while i was an ICP last summer, before that it was just used for storage. its now being made into a princess bedroom for "year of a million dreams" as malcolmmc said

the_cm is offline A-Ticket holder
    belive it or not most of the upstaries on mainstreet are offices