Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Favorite Hidden Places in Epcot, MGM and AK in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; What is your favorite hidden place in Epcot, MGM and AK? Let's start it...the garden to the side and back of the UK pavilion. More plz!...
    Mr. Imagineer is offline A-Ticket holder

Favorite Hidden Places in Epcot, MGM and AK

What is your favorite hidden place in Epcot, MGM and AK?

Let's start it...the garden to the side and back of the UK pavilion.

More plz!
    There are three types of people in the world: People who can count and people who can't!

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Oh gosh, there is this little patio with walls next to the little snack window where you get the root beer floats with the pluto straws. Did anybody understand any of that?! Anyway, it is in AK and a bit out of the way and nobody is ever there and it is nice and shady.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    There's a nice little place in Tomorrowland beside the bathrooms that goes all the way back to the fence seperating it from the WDWRR tracks. There are benches there, and plenty of shade, and it's a great place to sit down and get away for a few moments, watch the train go by, and that sort of thing. Best of all, it's one of the few shady, secluded spots left in the parks that hasn't been turned into a "smoking area".

Cindy - I don't have a clue where in AK you're referring to. I didn't even think you could get a straw in AK - something about them being a threat to the safety of the animals, hence why they don't offer straws and lids when you buy your drinks.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

plutolover is offline A-Ticket holder
    The straw is a collectable one... made of hard plastic... I have one!!! I love pluto... as you can tell!! Not sure where this spot is though. I got my straw in front of Kil. Safaris... frozen lemonade at the fruit stand.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Ok, I feel a bit like a moron here. I just noticed now that the name of the thread is "Favorite Hidden Places in EPCOT, MGM, and AK, and the first thing I do is go and talk about one of my favorite little quiet spots in the Magic Kingdom.

Like... DUH!!!
    -Don-

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    In the French Pavillion there is a little pastry shop. I wish I could remember the name. My wife and I frequent there when we go to EPCOT, and there are some tables that are back around the shop. We always sit back there and watch everyone go by. It's fairly shady and there is always a nice breeze blowing.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

hafrase is offline All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    The pastry shop is the Boulangerie Patisserie... and it is my FAVORITE place to grab a snack in Epcot. Not crowded, plus they have great food.
    You can dream, create, design, and build the most wonderful place in the world... but it requires people to make the dream a reality.
    ~Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by hafrase View Post
    The pastry shop is the Boulangerie Patisserie... and it is my FAVORITE place to grab a snack in Epcot. Not crowded, plus they have great food.
    Not crowded? Every time I've ever been in there it's had lines out the door! I must always catch it at just the wrong times. I've always been there in the evenings, so maybe it's less busy during the day?
    -Don-

Justin M is offline Fastpass Holder
    I agree . . . there have always been lines when I've been there but they move pretty quickly. Plus, the fresh food is well worth it. Definitely one of the best 'quick' places to eat in World Showcase
    Justin

www.dreamcmo.com

Send your questions about my CMO experiences to Justin@dreamCMO.com and you just might make it on the site!

Find me on 'Facebook' as well! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=506475946

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpxsEymi9SE - CMO Blooper reel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiIo5xUlQkg - CMO "Adventurosity Remix"

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    the french place is my favorite too. i always get the chocolate cake and it is GREAT!
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    We try to go there after lunch around 1pm to 3pm. It's usually not crowded at all.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA View Post
    Ok, I feel a bit like a moron here. I just noticed now that the name of the thread is "Favorite Hidden Places in EPCOT, MGM, and AK, and the first thing I do is go and talk about one of my favorite little quiet spots in the Magic Kingdom.

Like... DUH!!!
    Hee Hee! Don't feel silly. Luckily I always proof read before I click submit and I had to backspace the whole thing out and pick a different hidden spot because I too posted one from MK- and on main st to boot!
    I am going to have to hunt down some pics from that courtyard in AK.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

DisneyFreak15 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I Know where your talking about.We go there alot! but we just mostly perfer to ride the TTA(Blue Line) over and over again.

DisneyFreak15 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Oh btw that was for the Magic Kingdom one

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!
    Let's see. Mine are:
    MK- Either the trail that divides Tomorrowland and Toontown, or inside Expo Hall. The theater is very relaxing, and sometimes little movie clips are playing.
    MGM- Don't really have one for here. I have to think over this one.
    Epcot- I love anywhere in the WS, but probably my favorite spot is the garden in UK (especially when British Invasion is playing).
    AK- Asia has some nice shady spots.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast