Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Experiences on Kilimanjaro Safaris in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by Zipadeedooda Ok, one time I went on KS there was this stupid lady sitting behind us. She was probably drinking because she had a mug filled withsomething ...
    InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipadeedooda View Post
    Ok, one time I went on KS there was this stupid lady sitting behind us. She was probably drinking because she had a mug filled withsomething that smelled awful. The lady was so anoying, during the whole ride she kept saying the animals were fake and animatronic. I'm like hello there eating and walking in different places every time you ride it.I was getting so annoyed, I wanted to turn around and say, " Hey lady, you think those animals are animatronic. Why don't you get off touch one of them( I'd prefer the lion,rhino, or croc..lol) and you see what happens. Uhhh...I had stupid people!
    I've seen these so-called animatronic animals do some really disgusting stuff, so I know they're real. You can't fake that kinda stuff.

southerngirl is offline A-Ticket holder
    People are so weird. They do and say things on vacation that they never would any other time. At least I hope so.

*WDWObsessed18* is offline A-Ticket holder
    On our last trip to wdw while we were in animal Kingdom it started to pour and it was just about time for the park to close so we headed over to the kilimanjaro safaris to try an catch the last trip wen we got there the only other people there had already left in another truck so we got in our own and it was amazing because of the rain all of the animals were out cooling off it was awsome we asked all the questions that we wanted the only animal that we didnt see was the lions thy were hiding in the rocks it was really great i trongly suggest catching the safari in the rain
    Walt Disney World Truly is the Happist Place on Earth!!!!
    September 97'~(Off site)
    July 99'~(Off site)
    August 01'~Fort Wilderness Cabin
    September 03'~ Fort Wilderness Campground
    August 05'~ Fort Wilderness Campground

September 7, 2007-September 23,2007 ~Fort Wilderness Campground

Goofy Freak is offline A-Ticket holder
    once

we were passing by an animal with a really long name that i dont remember and it peed....not just a little....at least a couple buckets

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    The WORST experience I had was this last time. I was on with this CM and our guide was HORRIBLE!. This was last tuesday... and all she said when we saw an animal was "oooh! a lion" *silence* or "oooh! Zebra!*" *silence* there were NO interesting facts and she was silent EVEN to the dialogue that they were doing!

It was the LONGEST safari and WORST of my life! I was just hoping to speed along to get off!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

2tinners is offline Mike Wazowski
    My husband went to Disney for our 25th Anniversary. While in Animal Kingdom a CM came up to us and saw we were wearing Aniniversary buttons and asked how long we were married. We replied 25 years and no KIDS this trip. As part of the YOAMD celebreation he said that we had won a safari alone. He asked if we would like a Safari all by ourselves. Of course we said YES. It was great to be on the safari all alone and all the animals came out to say HI !!! My husband thought wearing those silly buttons was stupid, but we got many perks for wearing them. (free fastpasses and free food, etc. plus an upgrade for our room in the Grand Floridian. We had booked a room with the Lagoon view, but were given a lagoon view plus the Magic Kingdom view. It was nice to have the castle outside my window).
    Love Disney. I hope to go next spring with the whole family.

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    way back in december 1999 for part of the millenium celebration or whatever they had a night time safari and im talking pitch black we needed headlights and spot lights to see the animals!!! it was ssssoooo cool im hoping they do it again!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    When we were on it last week, even the CM seemed very surprised at the number and kinds of animals that were out for our trip. She said something like " Whoa! They're all out today, folks! "
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    One time, we saw an Osteriche and Her eggs near one of the staged Disney trucks while we had a sudden stoppage due to a backup caused by one of the trucks ahead of Us. It was fun to see Her run over an watch over them as we waited.
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder
    We rode KS early in the morning once and saw an animal that the CM said we were fortunate to see because it is a nocturnal animal. (A night animal) It was a large animal, something like a deer or a small cow. Does anyone know what animal this is or have you seen it before? It was gray in color. I have a picture of it. I'm not very computer savy but i will try to put the picture on here sometime.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    To get us back on the thread...
    My dd and her cousins went on the KS about 2 years ago and an animal, I think it was a hippo, came up so close to the vehicle that when the animal "sneezed" ..... No further description needed. You get the picture.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

ftg09 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Kilimanjaro Safaris is so cool! I love how it changes every time you ride. A long time ago, I was on with my mom, and there was a giraffe laying so close to our vehicle I could have touched it! Disney always has those unforgetable experiences.

cskiff7895 is offline Fastpass Holder
    its a great ride for the simple fact that it changes everytime you ride it. i'm a passholder and go at least twice a month and everytime is a different experience, its great!

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I did get to ride in the rain once. The park emptied so the CM asked us if we wanted to go around again. Of course we did! We didn't get off and she turned off the radio and just chatted with us. Way more fun.
    This last trip my sister and I passed our niece between us. We had bought her a camera for her birthday (7) and she was so excited to use it she wasn't paying any attention to what she was doing. She would see an animal and try to take a picture. I thought for sure she was going to fly over the side.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    I, too, enjoy KS. I have an odd memory from it, though, or at least from its queue. My family was in line to ride, and the line was moving really fast. All of a sudden, the line stopped...dead. We waited, and waited, and waited... Finally, someone came over the loudspeaker and announced that a herd of wildebeest was blocking the trail, and they did not want to force the animals to move. We were line for about 45 minutes in what otherwise would've been a 10 or 15 minute wait. Ah, well. Hopefully, some guests got some great savannah view pictures whilst they were waiting for the wildebeest to move!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast