Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss Guidelines for Guest Service in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Hi Everyone, I was talking with a co-worker of mine the other day, who is a former Cast Member. He was telling me about the Guidelines for Guest Service cards ...
    Benjo is offline Cranium Commando

Talking Guidelines for Guest Service

Hi Everyone,

I was talking with a co-worker of mine the other day, who is a former Cast Member. He was telling me about the Guidelines for Guest Service cards that every CM is given to carry around in their pockets while in the parks. He still has the card, and I decided to post them here:

1. Make Eye Contact and Smile
    2. Greet and Welcome Each and Every Guest
    3. Seek Out Guest Contact
    4. Provide Immediate Service Recovery
    5. Display Appropriate Body Language at All Times
    6. Preserve the "Magical" Guest Experience
    7. Thank Each and Every Guest
    Benjo

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Those are great rules for everyone to apply to their everyday life too. Give a smile, get a smile in return.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I wonder which rule "If they look unhappy, give them stickers!" falls under? LOL

They are excellent rules to follow - imagine how much better the world would be if more people did? Thanks for sharing, Benjo!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    I was thinking the same things - imagine if everyone used these as guidlines to treat other people.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I'm surprised about this. I've seen a lot of questionable behavior by CMs lately.

I heard one CM swear at a guest on space mountain when he wasn't paying attention and walked right past her. He just didn't see her, and she swore at him. However, I couldn't see her nametag, so I didn't report her. I hope someone else did!

Yesterday in the parks a CM during a traffic jam on mainstreet, I heard him scream "left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot, it's not THAT hard people! Get moving!" in a really rude tone. However I can't remember his name either... I know he's in the college program because of his nametag, I remember what school he's from but not what his name is.

However, I do love the rules. I just wish people would follow them more!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    I love the rules too, and 99% of the cast members i've interacted with have been great. I"ve just found that when it gets really busy - the guidelines sometimes can fall by the wayside.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

acradias is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    good deal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amy_fm84 is offline A-Ticket holder
    ooooh brings back last summer memories. when doing my training (i was an ICP lasy year) i alwasy remembered it using Mickey Gets Salted Popcorn During Parade Times (MGSPDPT) always got me through!

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by amy_fm84 View Post
    ooooh brings back last summer memories. when doing my training (i was an ICP lasy year) i alwasy remembered it using Mickey Gets Salted Popcorn During Parade Times (MGSPDPT) always got me through!
    Amy,

Please share some stories from your time at the ICP: where did you work, anything funny and/or crazy that happened, would you go back and be a CM?

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

southerngirl is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    I wonder which rule "If they look unhappy, give them stickers!" falls under? LOL

They are excellent rules to follow - imagine how much better the world would be if more people did? Thanks for sharing, Benjo!
    Hilarious. My kids (me too) love the stickers.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Maybe I'll make a good cm yet since I've never been so unhappy at a park that a cm had to give me a sticker. (I'm thinking that's a good thing.)
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    We got stickers for asking directions or any interaction at our front desk or lobby store. We are super friendly so they could not have thought we were having a bad day.We had a couple of great CM's at the resort and a few really good ones at the parks. One real jerk was passing out the black lanyard ride pass things (part of the million dreams it is a pass that they hand you going into a que and it speeds or eliminates your wiat time) but he only gave them to boys/men. He was telling the other CM he was supposed to be doing every other guest but he only gave them to males because he likes males. We were supposed to get one (every other guest) but he ignored our group of ladies as if we did not exist. We did get hugs from the stormtroopers though so I guess it was a fair trade.

Ted Flint is offline A-Ticket holder
    Ah, the 7 Service Guidelines... They are no more.
    Disney has revamped their approach and has devised the Disney Basics.
    1. I project a positive image and energy.
    2. I am courteous and respectful to all Guests, including children.
    3. I stay in character and play the part.
    4. I go above and beyond.

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjo View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I was talking with a co-worker of mine the other day, who is a former Cast Member. He was telling me about the Guidelines for Guest Service cards that every CM is given to carry around in their pockets while in the parks. He still has the card, and I decided to post them here:

1. Make Eye Contact and Smile
    2. Greet and Welcome Each and Every Guest
    3. Seek Out Guest Contact
    4. Provide Immediate Service Recovery
    5. Display Appropriate Body Language at All Times
    6. Preserve the "Magical" Guest Experience
    7. Thank Each and Every Guest
    Benjo
    i cant remember if it was there, but when a CM leaves a CM only area there is a sign posted with the guidelines to remind the CM of their job in the "show"
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

Ted Flint is offline A-Ticket holder
    The doors going from offstage to onstage have many different signs- it just depends on where it is. They vary from "Open slowly- door opens onstage" to "Drip-pans must be in place before parking on plaza" as well as friendly reminders and such.
    The 7 Guidelines no longer exist as they are difficult to remember. The Basics sum it all up a lot better. For instance, Guidelines 1 2 3 5 and 7 can be summed up as "I project a positive image and energy."