Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Secrets of WDW Discuss Best Magical Moment in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Kinda cheesy but on my first ever trip to WDW when I was around 10 on the very last night of our trip we went for a meal in the ...
    RuddyWDW is offline Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Kinda cheesy but on my first ever trip to WDW when I was around 10 on the very last night of our trip we went for a meal in the Liberty Tree Tavern with all the characters, it was the first ever character meal I'd had and the best meal I have ever had.

Now we go on the last night of every trip we make, never as special as the first time but brings back one of my best memories ever. I will take that memory to the grave with me.

Ruddy

M0Diz is offline A-Ticket holder
    There are many things that the cast members do that make the stay at WDW magical but one that sprang to mind when I saw this thread was when I was with my family watching Illuminations one of the cast members who was pretty cool was letting kids who couldn't watch the show into the disabled section of the front area and my cousin and I thought that was cool and wanted to shake his hand and tis all in a day's work for Disney cast members

Sparrowni2010 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I used to be a Cast Member on the college program and the day we graduated, a bunch of my friends and I went to the Magic Kingdom with our Graduation ears. We headed over to Toon Town because they were doing free hat embroidery for all CPs. Except when we got there, they told us it was too busy to do and to come back later. So while still in TT, I said I had never been on the Barnstormer (even though it's for like...5 year olds) So we went on it, and the Cast Member working there congratulated us for graduating and asked if we wanted to stay on the ride and keep riding. It was so much fun.

It was great because cast members were nice enough to even do nice things for other cast members.

Then later we saw the Disney Dreams Come True parade and during it Dopey came out and hugged my friend.

That whole day we were pretty much being congratulated and recognized. It was the best.

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    My magical moment happened to my parents. It was about 8:00 at night on our last day in WDW. We were at the Magic Kingdom. My mom's a great fan of "Peter Pan's Flight", and she and my dad walked by it to catch a quick ride. (It would probably have been the last "ride" of that trip.) She was really sad when she saw the line - the standby wait was around half an hour, and they didn't have FastPasses. She went up to a CM and said, "Is the wait really half an hour?" The CM said that it was. My mom said something like, "Oh. I really wanted to ride it, but ok." The CM, quick like a bunny, dug into a pocket and produced two valid FastPasses, so my parents were able to ride after all, and it made my mom's day. We'll always remember that CM.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Since this really focuses on something cool a CM did for you I think this fits...

In August 2005 we took my step-son for his first trip to Disney. After getting off of Spaceship Earth I stopped to take some pictures of the wall up around the "tree" in the post-show area that had been shut down after AT&T pulled their sponsorship. A CM standing near the exit said to the guy he was standing with "Hey look she's taking pictures of my wall." I laughed and explained that I loved cataloging changes made to attractions like this. His name was Chris and he was the "manager" of SSE at the time. We got into a really detailed discussion about SSE and little known facts about it (he is how I found out that the Hall of Presidents molds were reused to make many of the faces you see on SSE). My poor husband and step-son were just standing there with their eyes glazed over. LOL! Anyway... after realizing the passion I had for extinct attractions in Epcot we moved onto discussing Horizons. He said he had something to show me that I'd just love. So he walked the three of us toward Mission Space, the whole time talking Disney trivia with me (I was in heaven). When we arrived he showed me that the flower bed out front of MS is in the Horizons logo shape. I was all psyched. I was pregnant at the time so I had no plans to ride Mission Space but since my step-son never had he of course wanted to. Chris overheard DH and SS talking about needing to get in line for it while he and I were extinct attraction babbling. He then proceeded to walk the two of them up to the Fast Pass lane, speak to the CM at the attraction and allowed them to walk right on (there was about a 2 hour wait in stand-by). They were so excited and I was so thankful because it meant less time for me to have to wait outside. He walked with me to the exit inside the post-show area and we chatted a bit more while we waited for them to come out. It was just an awesome experience.

The funny part is this past June while waiting in line to ride SSE (and see the new post-show for the first time) we ran into him again. He recognized me (2 years later mind you) and I told him why. He said "Oh girl you're gonna love the new post-show... I know you miss the 'tree' but trust me this is so cool!" I was shocked that he remembered us.

As a note, if any CMs are reading this and know Chris (tall guy, heavy set, glasses)... please please tell him how much of an impact he had on our trip. I'd love to get in touch with him and befriend him. He and I certainly had so much in common in our love for Disney.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Mr. Imagineer is offline A-Ticket holder
    Mine was when my sister was still in a carriage, and Mickey and Minnie asked to push it. Then a Marching Band followed them. It was a mini-parade!
    There are three types of people in the world: People who can count and people who can't!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    The most recent trip we got chosen to open Toontown. Meghyn got to ride in the front with Pluto and Donnie sat in front of Donald in the back. (I sat behind M & P just in case she freaked--who am I kidding? this is the child who kept yelling WHOOOOO WHEEEE! on Test Track..LOL) We got a private photo session with them and a bit of extra time with the princesses then normal when we told them we got to open the land. Very cool. I wish they would have given the certificates to us tho. I like getting those.

We also got some VIP seating for Fantasmic, and recieved Dream Ears at Star Tours. Except for getting sick the last 2 days pretty darn good trip. OH and Meghyn recieved one of the coveted TINK pins for helping 2 CM's pick up a bunch of things they dropped. Didnt expect that one at all. She now proudly wears it on her ticket lanyard--Matches mine better tho..hmmpf.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

iluvdisney is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbatim View Post
    Just Tell about a time when a cast member, or anyone for that matter did something extra cool during your trip... I'll start.

When I was at Disney over spring break this year, I went to MGM with my friend James for extra magic hours. a little bit after we got there it started storming really bad, like REALLY bad, luckily we were in line for Rock'n'Rollercoaster and we were covered. but pretty much everyone else in the park left. So we decided to try to ride tower of terror 10 times we made it to number 9, and by that time we had already made friends with all the people that worked on the ride, but It was curfew time and e needed to get home, so we told our new friend,John, guy that worked on there we had to stop at 9. he said, "nope, your stopping at 10" the he called over another CM and told him to take us up. they then took us through a hidden door and up the CM elavator, It was AWESOME. when we got to the loading area the guy said Got room for 2 VIP's then they put us on right front and center, it was so cool. after we got off the ride all the CM's were at the bottom asking to take the VIP's bags. It was really awesome.
    When I was there last year with my cousins and sisters we met a worker named John too. He was so funny and he was staying in character and talking to us the whole time. I wonder if it's the same John. We went on about 10 times also

The next day we went on and we were looking for John and this other cast member David that we were talking to the night before. When we got off the elevator we asked a Cast Member if John or David was working. So he took us to the elevator that the cast members use and he took us back up and we got to ride again! I love the Cast Members. They always make it extra special when you're there. I hope when I'm in college I'll be able to do the college program.
    Last edited by iluvdisney; 06-28-2008 at 09:25 AM.
    Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." -- Walt Disney

Maleficent25 is offline A-Ticket holder
    When I was 11 our family was chosen as the Grand Marshalls for the parade. It was great and everyone was so friendly. The CM taking care of use during the parade took our picture with my Dad's camera and we all got our own Mickey ears. Unfortunately, the car we had rented was stolen from the parking lot of the hotel we were staying in and my dad had left the camera in the car. The photographic evidence was gone! We were devistated. What a rotten thing to have happen on our vacation.

The next year we were back in the Magic Kingdom and my dad was determined to reproduce the photographs. He went to the Service Desk and told the person at the desk what had happened. They were sooo nice. They brought out the fire truck and had us get on. They drove us up Main Street and a CM took our photos. We still have them and fondly remember Disney's world renown customer service each time we see them.
    Well, quite a glittering assemblage King Stefan. Royalty, nobility, the gentry, and...oh, how quaint - even the rabble.

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder
    There are sooo many to choose from.

Ok. So we were in WDW this past January. And we have ADR for Akershus and the Princesses. My 15 year old daughter wanted to eat here. She's our "baby". My 17 year old son was willing to go ( young beautiful princesses, duh). Anyway, my son has a milk allergy and we asked for someone to walk us thru the menu to be sure not to order any dairy laced meal. The head chef, Tony, came out and walked my son thru the cold bar and the menu. He was super nice. Tony took our order and said that he would personally cook our food. Also we get 3 large selections of desserts with the meal but they all contained dairy. Tony asked Patrick if there was something he might like for dessert and Patrick said some fruit. He told Patrick he could have all he wanted and brought out what I consider a fruit basket worth of fruit. After the princesses had all visited, Tony came back by and asked how was the food and small talked. Then he asked if he could pull up a chair and we said of course. We sat and talked about working for WDW and living in Tennessee (us not him). We talked about food and family. A great time just conversing. Then at the end of our time he asked Patrick if he collected pins. Patrick has quite a few. He gave Patrick a set of 10 pins, to share with sister of course. These pins are limited in quanity and are given to certain CMs to give out as they feel led. Tony was an incredible CM. I feel as if We could go back there today and he would remember us like we are old friends. He treated us that night like we were the most special people in the place. It was such a nice evening.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

LostGirl is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaMouser View Post
    There are sooo many to choose from.

Ok. So we were in WDW this past January. And we have ADR for Akershus and the Princesses. My 15 year old daughter wanted to eat here. She's our "baby". My 17 year old son was willing to go ( young beautiful princesses, duh). Anyway, my son has a milk allergy and we asked for someone to walk us thru the menu to be sure not to order any dairy laced meal. The head chef, Tony, came out and walked my son thru the cold bar and the menu. He was super nice. Tony took our order and said that he would personally cook our food. Also we get 3 large selections of desserts with the meal but they all contained dairy. Tony asked Patrick if there was something he might like for dessert and Patrick said some fruit. He told Patrick he could have all he wanted and brought out what I consider a fruit basket worth of fruit. After the princesses had all visited, Tony came back by and asked how was the food and small talked. Then he asked if he could pull up a chair and we said of course. We sat and talked about working for WDW and living in Tennessee (us not him). We talked about food and family. A great time just conversing. Then at the end of our time he asked Patrick if he collected pins. Patrick has quite a few. He gave Patrick a set of 10 pins, to share with sister of course. These pins are limited in quanity and are given to certain CMs to give out as they feel led. Tony was an incredible CM. I feel as if We could go back there today and he would remember us like we are old friends. He treated us that night like we were the most special people in the place. It was such a nice evening.

I had a smiliar experience at a resteraunt. I went to Hollywood Studios on my birthday, and had lunch at Momma Melrose. They used to have an appetizer that I was really looking forward to having, but found out it was no longer on the menu. I was talking to the waiter about it, but it was his first week working there and had no idea what I was talking about. Before I know it, the chef came out to tell me it was taken off the menu about 3 months earlier. At the end of the meal the waiter told me that chef said dessert would be on the house because I couldn't have what I wanted on my birthday. I told the waiter thank you, but it didn't matter because we were on the dining plan. So the chef sent out a platter with ALL of the desserts. Small gesture, but it really meant alot.
    Since 1980
    26 trips to WDW
    9 stays at the Polynesian
    4 stays at the Wilderness Lodge
    2 stays at the Contemporary
    1 stay at the Grand Floridian
    1 stay at Fort Wilderness Campgrounds (in a cabin)
    1 stay at All Star Sports
    9 stays off site
    2 Disney Cruises--Both on the DisneyWonder
    3 Trips to DLR
    1 stay at the Grand Californian
    1 stay at the Disneyland Hotel
    1 stay offsite at a Friendly Neighbor Hotel across the street
    1 Trip to Disneyland Paris (off site)

Next trip:
    Jan 4-6 2009 Wilderness Lodge

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    It was nearing the end of our vacation and my kids had become hooked on pin trading, building up a decent collection on a lanyard.
    As we exited Buzz my boys stopped to pin trade with a CM. After they finished the CM turned to my nephew to ask if he wanted to trade.
    He had only started collecting that day and had 2 pins just on the bottom of his t-shirt. When he tried to pick which to trade she looked at him and asked if he was new to trading. He nodded with half a smile, not sure if he wanted to give up either of the pins he had only just got. The CM then said "honey, i'm not gonna take one of your first pins away from you. You pick one from mine and i'll let you keep it so you'll have one for trading".
    The gift on 1 pin might not sound huge to a lot of people, but it was the kindness the CM showed that will always be remembered by us and made my Nephew feel very special.
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    When my wife and I went several years ago, we stayed at the POFQ. We were in the LAST building on the property which meant a VERY long walk to the bus stop. Our first morning, we were hiking to the front when a CM in a golf cart came up and asked us if we wanted a ride. He took us all the way to the bus stop and the whole time giving us tips about things that were going on in the parks that day. Every morning after that, he met us at our room and gave us a ride. He kept us up to date with whatever was going on in "the world" that day. I HATE that I can't remember his name but I know he went out of his way to give us rides. We took his advice and saw a ton of cool stuff!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12