Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Fun Character Secrets! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; When I went to DisneyWorld recently, I noticed some non-cartoon "characters" around the park. In Tommorowland, there was a talking trashcan that tried to make it's way up the escalator/ramp. ...
    malory is offline A-Ticket holder

Fun Character Secrets!

When I went to DisneyWorld recently, I noticed some non-cartoon "characters" around the park. In Tommorowland, there was a talking trashcan that tried to make it's way up the escalator/ramp. It was very funny and cute. Also, in Animal Kingdom there was a talking palm tree that was very cute. There is also a vine lady that we saw inside the AK. She was really cool.

Have you seen any of these? What were your experiences with them? Are there any more fun characters like this around the parks? Where are the people that control them stationed?

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    The talking trash can is "Push", the palm tree is "Wes Palm" and the vine lady is "DeVine." They are great fun to interact with!

I've also seen a robot and a trash can in Epcot.

People controlling them? Nope, Disney magic
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

JQuatt21 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I have seen the talking trash can in tomorrowland in MK. Very cool... I wonder if it is still there?
    Disney's Polynesian Resort - 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1994
    Disney's Contemporary Resort - 1986, 1997
    Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - 1989, 1991, 1992
    Orange Lake Resort & CC (Off Property)- 2002, 2003, 2005
    Disney's Wilderness Lodge 2007
    Disney's POP Century Resort 2012
    Disney's Beach Club Villas 2012

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    How about the talking fountains at Epcot? I looked for them last week but couldn't remember exactly where they were. Are those still around?

We did get to see Wes Palm at AK though! Little kids, including mine were having lots of fun poking at it and then would run away and scream when it'd go towards them.

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    I've seen the fellow who controls the trash can...i think i have a pic of him somewhere - i'll try to get it up - he stands pretty close by but he is dressed like a tourist so he blends in...I love watching the little ones interact with him
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    I love the talking fountains. There was one outside the bathrooms across from the area between the land and Imagination pavillions, but i dont know if it is still there. I caught my friend off guard last year with this one, but when i told my family they should drink from that fountain because it would talk to them, it didnt talk back at all. It might have just been off for awhile because something was wrong, but it was bad timing cuz my family was wondering why i heard drinking fountains that would talk to me, something related to hearing voices in my head? But those were cool cuz they would say things like "leave some water for the fish"
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    T.Rex and Roxie walk around Dinoland in AK a lot. They're Chester and Hester's kids in costume to perform for you! Roxie is green and loves being a dancing diva, so if you see her and her big red lips, strike a pose! T.Rex is Roxie's brother. He's blue and has dreams of being a rockstar someday. If you see him, don't be shy to air guitar and rock out with him! They are atmosphere characters, much like Push and Wes Palm.
    Tina

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    What about Lucky the Dinosaur in AK that walks freely around with its handler? I at least think its name is Lucky.
    Eric

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I seen the talking trash can at AK, not Tomorrowland. I haven't seen the other ones that you are talking about...yet.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by lovedisprinces View Post
    I love the talking fountains. There was one outside the bathrooms across from the area between the land and Imagination pavillions, but i dont know if it is still there. I caught my friend off guard last year with this one, but when i told my family they should drink from that fountain because it would talk to them, it didnt talk back at all. It might have just been off for awhile because something was wrong, but it was bad timing cuz my family was wondering why i heard drinking fountains that would talk to me, something related to hearing voices in my head? But those were cool cuz they would say things like "leave some water for the fish"
    Another line I remember was "next time, try it with a twist of lime" and of course the toilet flushing sounds.

biskit11 is offline 1000th Happy Haunt
    I love Push! I have seen all three (Push, Wes Plam and Devine) but Push is my favorite. I like the talking fountains too. The one I found was just outside of the MouseGears store right next to the fountain.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    I've seent he trash can at conservation station in AK and DeVine. Never saw the others though
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by jacketsfan683 View Post
    What about Lucky the Dinosaur in AK that walks freely around with its handler? I at least think its name is Lucky.
    I don't think Lucky's back from his Hong Kong Disneyland vacation yet...

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    I don't think Lucky's back from his Hong Kong Disneyland vacation yet...
    I just remember him last June when we went.
    Eric

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    I pick out the guy controlling him every time.
    He usually has one hand in a messenger bag (w/ a park map sticking out of it)
    and his sleeve up to his mouth (where the microphone is)
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast