Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Neat Haunted Mansion Secret in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; i agree with you, i think the ring should have been kept there. It was a cool little detail (even though it really wasn't a ring)...
    wdfan is offline Thinking Orange Thoughts
    i agree with you, i think the ring should have been kept there. It was a cool little detail (even though it really wasn't a ring)
    WDW Marathon '12
    WDW Goofy '13

supermariodrums is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Thats a great story...I'll have to keep that in mind on my next visit, Another little interesting thing about the haunted mansion is that in the part of the ride that is the ball room or dinner scene if you look on the table there is a hidden Mickey! It is a large dish with two smaller saucers for the ears. Anyone else ever notice it?

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    Welcome to the boards supermariodrums. I think that is the hidden Mickey that everyone has seen.
    -Zac

supermariodrums is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Yeah, I figured that. Thanks for the welcome!

plutolover is offline A-Ticket holder

Bride in the attic

Now with the new changes... what is the story about the bride in the attic?? She has many husbands. Was Master Gracey one of those husbands? or a new one? Thanks

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    They woman must be rich now...With all that alamoney payment coming in. Back to the subject...Master Gracey was her lover, not her husband.
    -Zac

Cajunmom is offline A-Ticket holder
    I love reading stories about the HM. It is one of my favorite rides and the stories just make it all the more spooky when you are riding. Even if the stories vary and aren't true it is still fun to remember.

VonBaroketch is offline B-Ticket Holder
    The ring was hated by the Imagineers, and they could not wait to finally remove it during the rehab last year. It was a fun conversation piece for starting up storytelling with guests, but a buddy and I used to have fun covering it with a Mickey Mouse sticker and then watching people look all over for it. The Keys to the Kingdom tours started incorporating the story as part of their script, so we especially liked to hide the ring in the mornings when we would see a tour coming.
    Ludwig von Baroketch
    Kapellmeister, Gracey Estate
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

jtrain75 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by VonBaroketch View Post
    It was a fun conversation piece for starting up storytelling with guests, but a buddy and I used to have fun covering it with a Mickey Mouse sticker and then watching people look all over for it.

HA!!! That sounds like something I would do! I love it!!!
    visit my website!!

1997- Honeymoon at the Yacht Club
    1999- Disney Cruise & Caribbean Beach Resort (lost 2 days in the park due to Hurricane Floyd)
    2004- Yacht Club & daughter's first visit to WDW
    2005- All Star Movies
    2006- All Star Sports
    2007- All Star Sports
    2008- USF Royal Pacific Resort and All Star Music
    2009- Beach Club
    2010- USF Royal Pacific Resort and Beach
    2011- Wilderness Lodge
    Club

MagicMom is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Haunted Mansion’s Ghost Gallery

This is a fun site for learning about the HM Happy Haunts. I think the story of the Attic Bride includes the ring lore. I don't know if this web site was started by a cast member, but I think it was.

Enjoy.

allie cat is offline C-Ticket Holder

Buzzkill

If I remember right, the story was that the "bride" died of a broken heart after her beloved hung himself (as shown in the opening scene - "or you could take my way out mwahahah") and had hurled her wedding ring from the attic...

But, as one of the imagineers once explained, the "ring" was actually just a plated holder for a post in the original overflow cue, and I think was filled in when they repaved a while back.

BandontheRun is offline A-Ticket holder
    HM is always on my must do list and I do like the refurb. I've also read Jason Surrell's book from the Magic Kingdom to the movies (a great read).
    Anyway, it seems that in creating the HM, the imagineers really couldn't agree on whether the attraction would be scary or fun. There were a couple different stories, one about an old fisherman which used to actually be one of the paintings you would ride past in the doombuggy before the refurb. I am not sure where in the HM it is now since the refurb.
    Anyway, it seems that Walt would usually have the final say in these sorts of Imagineering disputes but he died before the attraction was completed, so the existing mansion is a compromise and merger of different ideas.
    This makes the entire story somewhat contrived and now with the refurb with the bride with the axe in the attic with the multiple husbands, I think we need a new story as none of them really seem complete.

jtrain75 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I posted this in another thread, but it really belongs in here...
    This really isn't a secret but something that I never noticed in my previous trips. When you go into the Haunted Mansion and get in the Doombuggies, one of the first things you come across is the organ playing by itself. What I never noticed was you can see the shadow of the ghost on the floor right in front of the organ! It moves in unison of the music and keys being striked. Check it out next time you're lucky enough to go!
    visit my website!!

1997- Honeymoon at the Yacht Club
    1999- Disney Cruise & Caribbean Beach Resort (lost 2 days in the park due to Hurricane Floyd)
    2004- Yacht Club & daughter's first visit to WDW
    2005- All Star Movies
    2006- All Star Sports
    2007- All Star Sports
    2008- USF Royal Pacific Resort and All Star Music
    2009- Beach Club
    2010- USF Royal Pacific Resort and Beach
    2011- Wilderness Lodge
    Club

Yensid is offline A-Ticket holder
    too bad the "ring" is gone - I never got to see it.
    DVC Member
    AP Holder

KrisL418 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    i never saw the "ring" either. leave it to Disney (cast members really) to give everything a story, even the base of an old post stuck in the ground
    ~Pop Century~Sept '06~
    ~Boardwalk~Aug '07~
    ~Pop Century~Aug '08~

<3 Stitch!

College Program Wanna Be 2011

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast