Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Neat Haunted Mansion Secret in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I'm not really sure if anyone else has seen this feature or have been told about it. On my last visit to Disney World, we had a Cast Member ride ...
    Princess Allee is offline A-Ticket holder

Neat Haunted Mansion Secret

I'm not really sure if anyone else has seen this feature or have been told about it. On my last visit to Disney World, we had a Cast Member ride the Haunted Mansion with us (long story...I'll try to post it on another thread in the Cast Member section). As we got off of the ride, she let everyone pass by and asked us to stop. If I remember correctly, there is a cover over the ride as you are walking out back into the park. There's a wall that has names on it right before the end of the awning. If you look down in the middle of the pavement right before the cover ends, there is a ring embedded in the pavement. The Cast Member told us the story that went along with the Mansion. (This may not be all of the right detials and I appoligize for anything wrong. I would definitely ask a Cast Member about it) If you pay attention, there is a ghost that is seen in the Crystal Ball towards the middle of the ride. Her name appears on a tombstone outside of the ride and also her voice is in the ride itself. Anyway, there was a man who lived in the Mansion and became romantically involved with a beautiful young lady. He decided that this was the woman that he wanted to marry. When Madame Leota caught wind of this, she became very upset since she -had also wanted to marry the man. On the night before their wedding, the young lady was trying on her wedding dress. Madame Leota saw her, captured her, and locked her in a box. (If you pay attention during the ride, I believe that you can see the coffin with part of the wedding dress hanging out. I also believe that the woman is the little bride at the end of the ride.) Before Madame Leota sealed the coffin, she took the ring off of the young lady's finger and put it on her own. The next day the man was devestated to have lost his young bride. Madame Leota told the man that there was no need to mourn, and that he could just marry her. He refused to marry her and told her that he never would marry her because he loved his other bride so very much. She then threw the ring out of the Mansion and it is permantly embedded in the stone walkway outside of the Haunted Mansion. Ask a Cast Member to confirm the story. It's super fun to hear and a really exciting twist on the ride.

-Princess Allee-

Priates are the best
    Love Always,
    Princess Allee
    Pirates rock my socks
    Trip to Walt Disney World 2006 = best time of my life

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Thanks for the story and welcome to the boards.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Welcome, welcome welcome!
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

warner1108 is offline A-Ticket holder
    As far as I know, the "ring" has since been removed.

SuperStarKerri is offline It's all good.
    I've heard a similar story. (The woman in the crystal ball IS Madam Leota and the little bride at th end of the ride is Little Leota and a completely different character.) According to what I heard, the man was Master Gracey (the one who hung himself in the stretching room to keep himelf from being locked inside Madam Leota's crystal ball after he told her he wouldn't marry her. Unfortunetly for her, her spell went wrong and accidentally trapped herself inside the crystal ball.) But the bride in the attic is really supposed to be Master Gracey's bride who was suffocated in a trunk while in her wedding dress thanks to Madam Leota. But that's just what I was told...lol
    Love, Kerri

disneygurl4ever is offline A-Ticket holder
    If you could find one could you please post a picture of the bride, i dont think ive ever seen her.

Ghost_Hostess is offline B-Ticket Holder

HM secrets revealed..

^^ really good story!! actually if you listen to this sites pod cast there HM episode explains that the cast members made it up and now it is legend.
    the ring is actually a left over drill peice from constuction... but i would rather think it is the ring...

Ghost_Hostess is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneygurl4ever View Post
    If you could find one could you please post a picture of the bride, i dont think ive ever seen her.
    i think she means little leota.. the girl who says "hurry baaack" at the end of the ride...

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    The ring itself is a remnent of an old pole that was used in the que and the dimond is a broken off screwdriver head.
    -Zac

elphaba is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Hm...never heard that version before! Welcome to the boards!
    RYAN

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperStarKerri View Post
    the man was Master Gracey (the one who hung himself in the stretching room

so then, with this being the official story, is the Ghost Host supposed to be the ghost of Master Gracey himself? He does say, "Of course, there's always my way..."

there seems to be some difference of opinion on this, according to various other Disney/Haunted Mansion sites and forums I've visited.

hmmmm....

If we can dream it, we can do it

sbmmickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm pretty sure that the "Ghost Host" is nameless, and the "Master Gracey" name came from one of the imagineers that worked on the attraction. Master Gracey is in one of the graves as you are entering the mansion on the left. The "ring" was removed a couple of years ago. It has not been put back since the extensive refurb, and according to the CMs I've talked to, it will not be replaced.

Brent is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thumbs up

Great thread. The HM is my favorite.

Disneymomto6 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think the the "ring" should go back in and just let it be part of the story. AFterall, it all in the Disney details...
    Tracy
    mom to 6 of the 7 dwarfs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast