Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Kingdom Keepers--Is it Real? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; That's what I was thinking while I was reading above. I knew I'd heard it somewhere that it was supposed to be for Walt, but then they used it for ...
    SlpngBeauty is offline D-Ticket Holder
    That's what I was thinking while I was reading above. I knew I'd heard it somewhere that it was supposed to be for Walt, but then they used it for telephone operations(when he passed before the park was finished.)
    ...I SHOULD be in bed right now...
    ...but I like deh cookie
    **SUPER BIG DISNEY FAN**

ta2edgoofy is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by SlpngBeauty View Post
    That's what I was thinking while I was reading above. I knew I'd heard it somewhere that it was supposed to be for Walt, but then they used it for telephone operations(when he passed before the park was finished.)
    walt passed before they started construction of WDW. so there was never a room that was prepared for him

biblioadonis is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ta2edgoofy View Post
    walt passed before they started construction of WDW. so there was never a room that was prepared for him
    The intent of the room in Cinderella's Castle was as an apartment for the Disney family. Roy wasn't as interested in the idea of staying in the park as Walt was.

So...the telephone operators were placed there. I would assume it was a cost-cutting measure. They wouldn't need to build anything else for them when all of their funds were directed at opening the resort complex and keeping it running.
    George
    http://www.imaginerding.com

Jeff did our logo...do you like it?

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Wow, so much cool stuff, wish I had a year to go explore all of it.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

MagicMom is offline C-Ticket Holder
    As many have said, the "secret room" used to house the phone systems and operators. The elevator was (and still is) used to get to the room, but I think it has been refurbished into a glass elevator for the YOAMD.

There is an apartment in the Firehouse on Main Street USA in Disneyland. Walt used to stay there and watch people as they entered his park. There is a light in the window that is always kept on. It was how Walt would signal that he was in the park. It is left on in his memory. I do not think there is an apartment in WDW. The firehouse is a separate building from the rest of Main Street USA so it may have a full 2nd floor. I will have to check on that when I go! But, it is true that the rest of WDW Main Street USA buildings are built in a forced perspective.

Why would anyone put "booby traps" in a children's theme park?

Panda_Girl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I loved that book!!!

I think the secret room is the Cinderella Suite, the rooms in the firehouse yeah those are there I forget where I read that though. And the sensors and the cameras those are there too.
    "So many people treat you like a kid, so you might as act like one and throw your T.V. out the hotel window."- Gerard Way

"Popsicles should be the new black, that way everyone would have one."- Frank Iero

"Tastes like someone stole my wallet, ya know?"- Gerard Way

racherracher99 is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Well i dont believe hat book has some secrets

its just fantasy

Holly is offline A-Ticket holder
    When I went at the end of march, I was on splash mountain and space mountain and all those other rides and kept thinking about the book.

Pirates of the Caribbean I was looking warily at the pirates wondering if they would burn me ..

You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway.

10 thousand years, will give you such a crink in the NECK!

lizardlynn92 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I would love Disney to make KINGDOM KEEPERS into a live-action movie. It would be so awesomee =]

Four Parks
    One World

There is just one moon
    and one Golden Sun
    And a smile means
    friendship to
    everyone

thunderman04-07 is offline Annual Passholder
    I know some people probably know this already, but the character Wayne is actually based on a Splash Mountain CM named Wayne McSwain. I was a CM in frontierland and we always called him Pops, affectionately of course. So Wayne is a real person, even the books description of him was on the mark!

So when i read either of the books i can actually see him in my mind in all of his scenes lol.
    Sept 2004- Polynesian March 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 2005- Offsite (yeah wont be doing that again...) April 2006- Contemporary Nov 2006- Grand Floridian April 2007- All Star Movies Dec 2007- Coronado Springs July 2008- Pop Century Oct 2008- All Star Sports Jan 2009- All Star Sports
    Pretty good sure as your born!

thunderman04-07 is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardlynn92 View Post
    I would love Disney to make KINGDOM KEEPERS into a live-action movie. It would be so awesomee =]
    I would prefer a live action movie, but i can see Pixar possibly picking it up if they cant find the right people.....and it would be easier for Pixar to use CGA to do the DHI and other sfx created by the book.

Either way i would LOVE to see it on the big screen and then on my telly screen!
    Sept 2004- Polynesian March 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 2005- Offsite (yeah wont be doing that again...) April 2006- Contemporary Nov 2006- Grand Floridian April 2007- All Star Movies Dec 2007- Coronado Springs July 2008- Pop Century Oct 2008- All Star Sports Jan 2009- All Star Sports
    Pretty good sure as your born!

penguinmickdis1 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Kingdom Keepers--Is it Real?

In the Haunted Mansion you pass through the stairs that are of M.C. Esher style simalar to the booby traps in the book.

FreddyGee is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    Why wouldn't the Magic Kingdom come alive at night? I fully think it does. If I were an animatronic pirate I would get very bored singing the same song all day long. I would take every chance I could get to leave the dungeons and walk around a bit. And maybe partake in a turkey leg.

monica31671 is offline A-Ticket holder

Check out Podcast #114!

ntoeman is offline A-Ticket holder

Just from reading about these books, I think I've gotta start reading them!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast