Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Secrets of WDW Discuss Kingdom Keepers--Is it Real? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I don't know about the booby traps, but I think the others are real. The room on top of the castle has been converted to the suite, plus there is ...
    NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Kingdom Keepers--Is it Real?

I don't know about the booby traps, but I think the others are real. The room on top of the castle has been converted to the suite, plus there is hte elevator for Tink to get to her little room for her nightly flight.

What will happen in the next book?

Oh yeah, I think they will eventually head to DL. What do you think?

JEANYLASER33 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    MIAMI,FL ARE PLANNING TO MOVE TO ORLANDO,FLORIDA

I Hope to be in EPCOT!
    JEANY SANCHEZ

MAY 2009- POP CENTURY

DHI
    DHI is offline C-Ticket Holder

I know for a fact that Its a small world comes to life at night
    Wishin' I was in the World

What will you CELEBRATE!

disney_freak is offline is supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    What will happen in the next book?
    The gang is going to Hollywood Studios and EPCOT,

Wikipedia has some info on it:
    The Kingdom Keepers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Faith is my name, disney is my...obsession

Since Pluto is no longer a planet. I think Mickey should be the new one.

Missin'Disney is offline A-Ticket holder

LOVE the series...just wanted to share!

Bought the first book for my DD, but wound up reading it before her and loved it! Can't wait for more!

disneyfun55 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I thought the books were ok, but not my cup of tea as I do not think I am in the age demographic the author was writing towards. They were quick reads, as I finished each in about 3-4 days of casual reading.

As for the elevator and "hidden" room in the castle, there are 5 areas that I know of when I was a theater tech at WDW back in '97.
    1. There is a storage area under the stage in front of the castle that is quite large. Nothing more than a large area to store equipment for the shows - lights, cables, etc.
    2. Cinderella's Royal Table - we all know of that area.
    3. Storage/Changing area - as you enter the castle breezeway from the hub, there are 2 doors immediately to your right. The one along the long wall of the breezeway is the entrance to the storage/changing room for the characters in the castle stage shows. I have delivered Powerade to the characters there and have seen the CM's entering with their costumes in large, black, canvas bags. This is/was a fact. The room was simply a large rectangle with black curtains to subdivide the areas as neede for modesty and shielding guest eyes when the doors were opened.
    4. Again, as you enter the castle breezeway from the hub, just to the right, the second of the 2 doors opens to reveal an elevator. This one has 3 stops - the utilidors, the castle breezeway, and the storage room that is also the room where Tinkerbelle leaves from during wishes. Both the door and the elevator require keys to access Tinkerbelle's room. Again, I have been there. This is NOT the area converted for the Royal Suite as it was high in the tower and way too small and narrow - think of a hallway about 10-15 long by about 5 feet wide. The elevator also helps deliver CM's from the Utilidors to the storage/changing room in area 3.
    5. Cinderella Royal Suite - this came into being after I left FL, but all of the pictures indicate that it is on a different level than the storage/changing area on the breezeway level. There is an elevator that takes you there, but I have not seen it. If this is seperate (and I am sure that it is - you wouldn't want a CM in shorts and a t-shirt getting out when you are taking a family up to the suite), than this would make elevator #3 (Tink, CRT, Suite).
    As for the room above the Firehouse, I am not sure. I think that there is an area up there, but what you see with the lamp is not it. The facades all along Main street are only about 3 feet deep behind the windows. Having gone up there to work on lights for the Christmas events, I know that it is a very tight fit just deep enough for a small table and a lamp or other similar decorations. Behind the balck out walls, there is ussually a small storage area. The offices are behind the storage rooms, but are separated.

All of this info was current as of '97 and may have changed some, but could not change that much due to the physical layouts of the buildings. Hope this helps in understanding what is actually there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234