Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Kingdom Keepers--Is it Real? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; If any of you out there has read the book Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson and Dave Barry, there are some secrets in there that just might be true. I'm ...
    Mr. Imagineer is offline A-Ticket holder

Lightbulb Kingdom Keepers--Is it Real?

If any of you out there has read the book Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson and Dave Barry, there are some secrets in there that just might be true. I'm not talking about the rides-come-alive-and-try-to-kill-you thing, the stuff like this;
    • Booby Traps in Cinderella's Castle
    • Secret Elevator in Cinderella's Castle
    • Secret Room in Cinderella's Castle
    • Upstairs Room in the Firehouse of Main Street U.S.A.
    • Security on the rides like sensors and cameras
    If you know any information on these secrets or there are more that I missed, than please post it! Thanks!
    There are three types of people in the world: People who can count and people who can't!

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    are all of these real?? I know that the rides have cameras, and it can be assumed that there is an elevator in the cinderella castle and a secret room, but what about the booby traps and the upstairs room in the firehouse on mainstreet USA? I didn't know that
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day
    Yes they have to have censors and cameras for safety and security reasons. There is a room in Cinderella's Castle, I think part of security used to be up there and maybe even a call center. With that it would stand to reason that yes there is probably an elevator. You can actually hear about the room when watching stuff about when they built MK, it's not a HUGE secret. As far as a room above the Firehouse, I wouldn't be surprised, several offices are right behind the facades of Main Street. We were finishing our walk through of the park with a final meeting in one of the conference rooms when I started the CP.

JackSparrow7 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Yes there is a room in Cinderella's Castle which has, since the book was written, has been converted into the Royal Bed Chamber to be used as a prize for the Year of a Million Dreams. I remember reading that they build a glass elevator that takes you up there.

I know for a fact that Walt Disney built himself an apartment above the firehouse on Main Street in Disneyland, but I am not sure if there is a room up there at the Magic Kingdom, the author could have just used a little crossover for that one.
    -Tommy-

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    Quote Originally Posted by JackSparrow7 View Post
    Yes there is a room in Cinderella's Castle which has, since the book was written, has been converted into the Royal Bed Chamber to be used as a prize for the Year of a Million Dreams. I remember reading that they build a glass elevator that takes you up there.

I know for a fact that Walt Disney built himself an apartment above the firehouse on Main Street in Disneyland, but I am not sure if there is a room up there at the Magic Kingdom, the author could have just used a little crossover for that one.
    a glass elevator! thats so cool, i would love just to be able to see the royal bed chamber with my own eyes
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    A glass elevator in the Contemporary would be fun to have. Seeing all the hustle and bustle going on below as You climb to the top would be just great!
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

PeterPanLover is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have read the book Kingdom Keepers and liked it very much. That would be so cool if those things were accually real. I think the author should write a sequel or other books about Disney! I'm sure everyone loves them!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes.....

jpjobes is offline A-Ticket holder
    Sounds like a decent book.

broncos271 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    there is a secret room in the castle. its now the castle suite part of the year of a million dreams. the room was supposed to be walts apartment, but walt died before the project started.it was first used as a telephone receiving room then it was just storage until it became the suite. you can not rent the suite so dont try. there is an elevator that that goes to the suite. and i dont believe the boobytraps. how are cm supposed to clean the place without being killed? and the room in the firehouse is also untrue. disney made the second story of all of the main street buildings alot smaller than the first. if you were to stand up there the windows would be at your knees.
    Its a Small World after all.

Ted Flint is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lou mentions in his segment on Cinderella Castle (Ep 14?) that there are three elevators in Cinderella Castle, and a room that has served many purposes- dressing room, call centre and The Cinderella Suite for the Year of the Million Dreams Celebration.

the_cm is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos271 View Post
    there is a secret room in the castle. its now the castle suite part of the year of a million dreams. the room was supposed to be walts apartment, but walt died before the project started.it was first used as a telephone receiving room then it was just storage until it became the suite. you can not rent the suite so dont try. there is an elevator that that goes to the suite. and i dont believe the boobytraps. how are cm supposed to clean the place without being killed? and the room in the firehouse is also untrue. disney made the second story of all of the main street buildings alot smaller than the first. if you were to stand up there the windows would be at your knees.
    You can stay in the room. After the year of a millione dreams is over it will be about $3,000 a night

MickeyMagic08 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I loved this book so much! I must say that it would be pretty scary to be stuck on It's a small world though.
    Disney World makes me happy I must say!

Mickey Mouse is my favorite!!!

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Why wouldn't the Magic Kingdom come alive at night? I fully think it does. If I were an animatronic pirate I would get very bored singing the same song all day long. I would take every chance I could get to leave the dungeons and walk around a bit. And maybe partake in a turkey leg.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

biblioadonis is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I read the book and reviewed it at imaginerding.

http://www.imaginerding.com/2007/10/book-review.html

I thought it was a decent read, but it was very far-fetched.
    George
    http://www.imaginerding.com

Jeff did our logo...do you like it?

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    I just got back from Disney today..EVERY ride mention it was really weird to ride it and not think about the book. I was really weird on Its a small world. Splash mountain was closed till Feb
    Last edited by Tmntrans; 01-13-2008 at 12:51 AM. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast