Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 13 of 85 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I learned in the keys to the kingdom tour that the strange curvy part of the walkway thru these areas that is a different kind of pavement is to represent ...
    miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.

Liberty Square/Frontierland Sewage (ew)

I learned in the keys to the kingdom tour that the strange curvy part of the walkway thru these areas that is a different kind of pavement is to represent how the sewage used to run thru the middle of the streets back in the day (at least I think that's how I remember it being explained).

Selena

Club 33

Regarding this club....you can find good facts and pictures here:

http://www.snopes.com/disney/parks/club33.htm

VERY cool site by the way....not just the Disney stuff but everything on it....

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Okay here one I learn on the Dolphins in depth tour. They seperate the Dolphins from the rest of the fish in the tank because at one time the dolphins would chase after the sea turtles and spin them around and they would also play with them like volleyballs( well pushing them with their noses back and forth). This made the other trainors mad and they had to gate the Dolphins off from the rest of the fish. The next time you go to the living seas notice how the dolphins only stay on one side of the tank. also the little hole that you see them going through is actually at the very top of the living seas and that their training and feeding area.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    Okay here one I learn on the Dolphins in depth tour. They seperate the Dolphins from the rest of the fish in the tank because at one time the dolphins would chase after the sea turtles and spin them around and they would also play with them like volleyballs( well pushing them with their noses back and forth). This made the other trainors mad and they had to gate the Dolphins off from the rest of the fish. The next time you go to the living seas notice how the dolphins only stay on one side of the tank. also the little hole that you see them going through is actually at the very top of the living seas and that their training and feeding area.
    That's great! I haven't been to Living Seas in years but I just got a great mental picture of a poor little turtle spinning around helplessly, bounced like a volleyball between two dolphins that think they are just having fun! I love animals and hate to see them in pain, but if I witnessned that I would have to laugh.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by miakoda
    That's great! I haven't been to Living Seas in years but I just got a great mental picture of a poor little turtle spinning around helplessly, bounced like a volleyball between two dolphins that think they are just having fun! I love animals and hate to see them in pain, but if I witnessned that I would have to laugh.
    I have to be honest when I hear this I had to crack up and I did even everybody on the tour laugh. I agree I hate to see animals hurt in anyway but you right the mental picture is very funny. Beside if you ever met the two dolphins that were there on my tour you can see why that would happen. They are so palyful they remind me of puppies even though they are wild animals.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder

Smile ToT

I have read somewhere (sitting tapping head saying "think,think,think") that along with the fact that the story behind ToT says that the hotel was hit by lightning, That when the were building the ToT it was infact hit by lightning

Tanyabell is offline A-Ticket holder
    I came across this site today and just joined. I'm testing this out...
    Peter Pan gave me a THIMBLE!

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Welcome Tanya!

The ToT was hit by lightning during construction Dusty, you are right...

The rope at the Indy Show works, but it doesn't happen everytime, it is spontaneous, so you may have to try it a few times to get it to work.

If you have a pin you are lookingfor and want to trade, look for it on a CM lanyayrd, they aren't allowed to refuse pin trades...

I have more, but it is time for more pain meds, so I will chat with you all later.....
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

How do I get one of those nifty Disney counters? (Even though I usually only know I'm going about a week in advance and one time was spontaneous that day!) I still want one!
    Selena

akur is offline 1 hour's drive to WDW.

tickers/countdown

try some of these:

Ticker Factory
    Countdown generator
    LilyPie

or google 'tickers'
    Ana The Librarian

I trade books! See my available list at:
    Books available

Have books to trade? Join Paperback Swap

Quote Originally Posted by miakoda
    How do I get one of those nifty Disney counters? (Even though I usually only know I'm going about a week in advance and one time was spontaneous that day!) I still want one!
    Selena
    Since I go every weekend, I use mine to countdown to the next "big" thing...I did one for HCOE, one for Andrew's Bday, now one fro Joey's Trip down, the next one will be for Vixen's trip and then one for JediPrincesses trip!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)

Thanks guys. I'll get one and figure out what to count down to!
    Selena

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I really like the V50 generator located here: http://v50.net/cdgenerator.php
    A GREAT alternative to the very complex one i have on the site
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Tanyabell is offline A-Ticket holder
    My best friend lives in Apopka. I just saw him this weekend. I live in southern FL.
    Peter Pan gave me a THIMBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanyabell
    My best friend lives in Apopka. I just saw him this weekend. I live in southern FL.
    Cool! Next time you are here on a weekend, let us know! We love to visist the parks and meet new friends!

Page 13 of 85 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast