Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 14 of 85 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Hi, I'm new to this forum. Some of you may know this already, but I just found out that you can make a priority seating reservation for character dining BEFORE ...
    alsgirl is offline A-Ticket holder

Red face early character dining reservations

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Some of you may know this already, but I just found out that you can make a priority seating reservation for character dining BEFORE the parks open! That means that you get to enter the park(s) that you have the priority seating for before anyone else.

We are headed to WDW this weekend and have reservations for Restaurantasaurus Breakfast with Donald and Friends at 8:20am in Animal Kingdom and the park doesn't open until 9am! So if we eat fairly quickly we can be one of the first on some of the attractions. (This is on a day that is not extra magic hours in AK.

miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by MommytoMJM
    Cool! Next time you are here on a weekend, let us know! We love to visist the parks and meet new friends!
    Next time I go, I'm going to find out who is also going the same day/park as me, it would be cool to meet up with some of you guys in person at the holyland!
    Selena
    P.S. That is...if you don't mind meeting a very weird 26 year old who suddenly loses about 16 years of aging the second she walks thru the gate.....WHHHHEEEEE!!!!!! Look there's Pooh! Mommy mommy can we get a picture pleeeeease!!!!!

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Quote Originally Posted by miakoda
    Next time I go, I'm going to find out who is also going the same day/park as me, it would be cool to meet up with some of you guys in person at the holyland!
    Selena
    P.S. That is...if you don't mind meeting a very weird 26 year old who suddenly loses about 16 years of aging the second she walks thru the gate.....WHHHHEEEEE!!!!!! Look there's Pooh! Mommy mommy can we get a picture pleeeeease!!!!!
    Oh Selena- you are so my kind of girl!!! Ask anyone on this site who I have hounded, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE doing and planning meetups!!!!! Since we go so often, we plan our meets around what others want to do, so you name the park and we can do it (tho MJ isn't a big EPCOT fan, sigh...much to Mommy's dismay) You can also just come over and hang out at our house during the week if you want to!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again

Tower of Terror

When I was 6, my stepdad and brother was on the Tower of Terror and i couldnt ride it or didnt want to (i dont remember) and while i was waiting for them to get off i was able to stay in the basement with my mom and a CM approached me and gave me a bellhop jacket and flashlight and allowed me to direct people off the elevator. Just thought if you had small children you could let them do the same. I wonder if kids can do something like that at other attractions?
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    "In response to the Dolphin in Depths Post"

I loved Calvin and Reiner(SP) - They were FANTASTIC when we got to do the Dolphins in Depth 3 years ago!
    Last edited by Winnie; 06-01-2005 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Forgot to reference quote
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 – Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

Quote Originally Posted by MommytoMJM
    Since I go every weekend...!
    Well, I'm jealous!! I'm stuck way up here in Ohio - I did manage to get down (unfortunately for a business trip) in January (had been 5 years since last visit!), and had 2 full days at The World with beautiful weather. We did 3 parks in 2 days - it was fun and intense but just darn hard to relax.

We did the AK Behind the Scenes tour which I highly recommend to anyone - I would have easily paid more for that tour, and wish I had paid less at California Grill that night. The chocolate volcano dessert thing was wonderful, but after 14 non-stop hours of Disney I could have eaten 3 times what they served us for the rest of the meal.

Also, I had signed up for the Disney Visa about a month before the trip - and charged the tour to it for a 20% discount for several people - It was a nice savings!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    The front of the monorail is great, we did that. It was the highlight of my nephews trip.
    On the subject of ride safety, we were in MK in late March. We were on the carousel and someone fell off their horse. Evryone was screaming, the ride was turned off the child was dusted off and a manager came and turned the ride back on, It was all done and over in less then 7 minutes. I was surprised they did not take the child off the ride.

Go in Sept or Oct

Go in Sept or Oct b/c its still warm and nice. All ride wait times are short, usually no longer than 20 minutes. AND GET FASTPASSES IF LONGER!
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    The monorail co-pilots license is now on the photo board.
    Last edited by Keasmom; 06-03-2005 at 10:40 PM.

Here's a good tip that my mom did:
    At the Living Seas in EPCOT, if you don't have much and don't want to see the preview or wait for the hydrolaters, go to the exit of the buliding and when someone comes off the hydrolater walk onto it and wait in there and someone else will get on to open the doors.
    - Hillary

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by hillo
    Here's a good tip that my mom did:
    At the Living Seas in EPCOT, if you don't have much and don't want to see the preview or wait for the hydrolaters, go to the exit of the buliding and when someone comes off the hydrolater walk onto it and wait in there and someone else will get on to open the doors.
    That would kind of be like "sneaking" onto a ride or skipping the lines .. I would not suggest that unless you plan on having dirty looks thrown your way..

megolson is offline B-Ticket Holder
    You alls talked about getting into the front part of the monorail and the co-piliot license thing. How do you get to do this? What is the age reqirement? Do you just ask the driver at the loading area or do you have to buy some sort of ticket for this??

Thanks!!
    Disneyland #1 1992
    Disneyland #2 1994
    Tokyo Disney Oct-1997
    Disney World #1 June 1999
    Disney World #2 Dec-Jan 2000
    Disney World #3 Nov.-2004
    (My kids and Husbands first time)

Disney World #4 Sept. 3rd-10th, 2005 (Going back for more!!)

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    I did it on my last trip to WDW. We just asked the cast member at the gate if we could sit in the front. I believe they allow any age up there since my grandaughter (who is 3) was able to do it. It is really a great experience!
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

ask a cast member. its free and any age can do it. they will take you to a bench and sit sown til you can go on. i do think that maybe only 4 pple can do it tho. i've never done it but i saw something about it and have seen the bench.
    - Hillary

megolson is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Too cool! I will have to do that for sure. I'm pretty excited to try that. I'm sure my husband is too since he always likes to see how things work and were made.
    Disneyland #1 1992
    Disneyland #2 1994
    Tokyo Disney Oct-1997
    Disney World #1 June 1999
    Disney World #2 Dec-Jan 2000
    Disney World #3 Nov.-2004
    (My kids and Husbands first time)

Disney World #4 Sept. 3rd-10th, 2005 (Going back for more!!)

Page 14 of 85 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast