Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 16 of 85 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; to DWT.com ** minnie0329 **. Hope you will find your time here to be fun and exciting!...
    tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    to DWT.com

**minnie0329**.

Hope you will find your time here to be fun and exciting!
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy
    ... extra magic hours, and are now well attended and crowded.

Exactly. CROWDED. Soarin' avg's a 90 min wait on EMH nights.

miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrendyMagic
    Exactly. CROWDED. Soarin' avg's a 90 min wait on EMH nights.
    What a bummer. I've always wanted to get in on the E-ride nights (I guess you have to stay at a resort though, which I never have). Stinks that they got rid of it. seemed like a good extra incentive to get ppl to stay at the resorts.
    --Selena

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Well, you still are supposed to be staying onsite to enjoy the extra magic hour, but for some reason, more people are taking advantage of it now than they were before. Perhaps, they will go back to e-ride nights one day...
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    Well, you still are supposed to be staying onsite to enjoy the extra magic hour, but for some reason, more people are taking advantage of it now than they were before. Perhaps, they will go back to e-ride nights one day...

I think the reason why more guest are taking advantage of this is because it free and it doesn't cost anything extra. Hey free in Disney wouldn't you take advantage

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Good point my Jedi friend.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

bethsboyz is offline A-Ticket holder
    Not really a secret, but definitely a magical moment. The Barbershop on Mainstreet is a great place to get a child's 1st haircut. We did that with our 3rd son in October '04 (in fact he hasn't had a haircut anyplace else........we always go back to MK)
    He received a 1st haircut certificate & his cut hair was placed saved for me & sprinkled with 'pixie dust'. He also received Mickey ears that said "1st Haircut" All that for $14!

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    My favorite WDW secret, even though not everyone can take advantage of it, is Shades of Green. A military resort near enough to the magic kingdom that you can see the fireworks and hear the train whistle. The rooms start at $72 per night!
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

disneydancer06 is offline A-Ticket holder

this is really cool...

im sry if anyone knows this disney secret but in the attraction Rock an Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, one of the CM told my friend who just came back from disney said the inside of the building is a mickey mouse shape. basically the whole ride is going through a mickey mouse head.

this is a really cool thread i love all the little details that im going to remember when i go in august. 43 DAYS!!!!! thanks!!

Laughter is timeless, Imagination has no age, and Dreams are forever.

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    to the boards!!!

I didn't know that about the Rockin' Roller Coaster. That's really cool.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

SpottyGroundfog is offline A-Ticket holder

Secrets of WDW

My favorite "secrets" are many of the people who work there. Curly, a woman who cleans around Casey's in the MK and who ahs worked there practically since they opened, is an absolute delight to talk to. And, if you're in that area, stop and listen to Jim Omohundro play ragtime piano. Be sure to talk to him afterwards, too, because he's a funny guy and a bit on the silly side.

It's not a secret, but one of my favorite places in MK is the walkway from Tomorrowland to Toon Town. Most guests never see it, so it's usually quiet and peaceful and a nice place to get away from the crowds for awhile.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Spotty,

First - love the name.You need to go to the "Explain your name" thread - i'm SO curious!

Second - Welcome to the DWT Family!

Third - I agree about Jim - everyone becomes a temporary fan of ragtime when he tickles the ivories.Hot, dog, fries, a Coke and a view of the Castle. Priceless.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Cameo is offline And the voila... you've got a Figment!
    Riding my tricycle around the parking lot

Cinderella Fountain

Hi all! I read through the entire thread and didn't see any mention of one of my favorite Disney secrets. In Fantasyland, directly behind the castle, is a drinking fountain with a statue of Cinderella in the center. She's dressed in her rags and sitting with some birds, I believe. On the wall behind her is a painting with a crown in the center of it. When you're standing in front of the fountain the crown seems to hover about a foot over her head, but when you bend down to take a drink, if you look up at the statue (not necessarily an easy task), the crown is now sitting on top of her head. A fun little Disney detail

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    neat! Hope I can remember that on the next trip! I wonder if a camera can catch the illusion?

and Welcome!!!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Yes, you can see that pretty well, although many people overlook it. There may be one of that in my gallery, otherwise when i get settled in at home (further delayed by little Nick's surprise visit), I'll post it
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Page 16 of 85 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast