Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 17 of 85 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; to DWT.com ** cameo **. Hope you will find your time here to be fun and exciting!...
    tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    to DWT.com

**cameo**.

Hope you will find your time here to be fun and exciting!
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

mickeymaster is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    Well, you still are supposed to be staying onsite to enjoy the extra magic hour, but for some reason, more people are taking advantage of it now than they were before. Perhaps, they will go back to e-ride nights one day...
    The reason more people are taking advantage is because there in no limit at all. Sometimes when I was going to buy an E-Nite pass I couldnt because it was already full.
    Man has a Dream, and thats a start...

Earforce1 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Well this really isn't a secret but here it goes. I agree that some of the websites where you can order Disney items is great, the prices are absolutely ridiculous.

I checked one site recently when I returned from our trip last month and the same shirt that I paid $19.99 for was $40.00 on this site.

Since 1975 if there was anything I ever wanted to get or forgot to buy I just called the store that I saw it in told them in detail what I wanted and paid the exact same price for the item that it is in the stores instead of coughing up extra cash.

All you have to do is just call the store and tell them what you want. They'll ship it to you.

byoung1521 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    My one of my roommates at the Vistaway apartments told me about the R-Rated version of the Jungle Cruise Spiel. The night I was at the Cast Member Christmas party I was the only one on the cruise at 12:30 and asked the driver to use that one but he wouldnt. I wish I could remember it. even though by todays standards it would be PG-13
    "You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

withasmile is offline C-Ticket Holder
    lets see....

the chairs in the haunted mansion DONT have a hidden donald duck. on a tour i went on in july the guy said people say it resembles donald duck but the imagineers who built it didnt mean to do that they just made a silly design and it was supposed to be a scary face (and the chair was being refurnished when i went)

on the jungle cruise ride when you see the tribe people listen to what they say. they all say funny things. the 3rd one says "i love disco"

also on the jungle cruise look at the scene where theres a rhino that has chased people up a pole. look at the guy's face (the guy at the bottom) his face is on another ride.
    go in the haunted mansion in the graveyard scene the guy who knees are shaking with the very skinny dog. doesn't his face look familiar? yeah it the same face

and in the pirate of the caribbean ride you may have noticed that there are pirates that have the same faces that are standing next to each other or are in the same room. its because there are only 30 different pirate heads and there are (i forget how many hundred) pirates

a good place to see the firework show is towards the back of the towntoon. there arent many people back there and you get a good view!
    also if you are going to eat at cinderellas royal table and have reservations around the firework show time ask for a window seat. they dim the lights and you hear the music. and you have a perfect view!

at the california grill you can see the fireworks on the deck, but did you know there is a parralel (sp?) deck. when you enter through the elevators make a left as if you were going to the bathroom and follow the path, i think you make a left after that and theres the other observation deck. no one is on this one there will be like 10 people on this one and 100 + on the other one

for illuminations in epcot the stairs on the japan place (sorry i forgot what its called) is a good place to watch the show. and the bridge by france
    Last edited by withasmile; 08-17-2005 at 07:53 PM.

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by withasmile
    if you are going to eat at cinderellas royal table and have reservations around the firework show time ask for a window seat. they dim the lights and you hear the music. and you have a perfect view!

that's awesome!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Great tips, withasmile! Thanks for sharing!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Jubilee is offline A-Ticket holder
    My best Disneyland secret :

When I did my work experience in 2000 in Disneyland Resort Paris, I did Pirates of the Caribbean, It's a small World and Phantom Manor by feet before the opening of the Park. Lights was switched on and it was very fun....

In "It's a small world" some cast members scared me when they hidden behind the decor.

I took some pics of me in the POTC :

YO ho

Yo ho Yo ho A Pirate's life For me

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    those are awesome photos!!!!!!

but now I'm jealous..

*Imagineer* is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameo
    In Fantasyland, directly behind the castle, is a drinking fountain with a statue of Cinderella in the center. She's dressed in her rags and sitting with some birds, I believe. On the wall behind her is a painting with a crown in the center of it. When you're standing in front of the fountain the crown seems to hover about a foot over her head, but when you bend down to take a drink, if you look up at the statue (not necessarily an easy task), the crown is now sitting on top of her head. A fun little Disney detail
    Yes thats was an original design of walts it was supposed to be so that when a small child (or an older child who just happens to looks like an adult bends over) you can see this. disney world was suposed to have some more secretives things like that for kids but i dont know of any others that where built.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Some great pics there, Jubilee. I'd love to walk attractions on foot.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

meghanet is offline A-Ticket holder
    I just stumbled across this site today. I'm planning a trip to WDW with my fiance and his kids. (He's never been and he doesn't see what the big deal is.) Anyway, he's a really private person and didn't like that annual passholders use their fingerprints to get in (I read somewhere here today that it's not fingerprints, but pictures.) Anyway, so I called in and talked to a guy at WDW who said that any information they get from guests is kept strictly on the property, etc. But then he said that I could tell my fiance that they are testing out retina scanners and will be using those soon if it would make him feel better. I pushed him on this and he said they've been trying to find a more efficent way of getting people in the parks than the current finger method and that it looks like retina scanners will be used sometime in the future!
    Isn't that wild!?

Fonzi is offline A-Ticket holder
    Fingerprints? All they do is measure the length of you fingers (biiometrics), they don't take prints at the disney parks. Universal on the other hand uses finger prints to access their lockers.

As far as retinal scanners, I think most people would have a problem with that. As would alot of advocacy groups.

byoung1521 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Dont forget that the cost of maintaining the Scanners and the Computer's needed to support that system. Sounds like they were blowing smoke somewhere dark. Seems like an odd first post to me. I may just be paranoid though. Time for a snickerdoodle break.
    "You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.
    Welcome to the board, Meghanet! Hope you have fun here. I wonder if someone was pulling your leg. Retinal scanners sound kinda scary. Makes me think of "Mission Impossible" or something. I don't know why they would change it, the finger thing seems to work. I just think its funny how everyone puts their fingers in there (like regular ticket holders who don't have to) just b/c the person in front of them did. The CMs at the gate never correct them. makes me laugh.

~Selena

Page 17 of 85 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast