Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Well, we've talked about the key under the mat and the umbrella in MGM, so how about something in EPCOT. Has anyone ever seen the bowling ball in Italy? If ...
    Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder

Bowling Ball in Italy

Well, we've talked about the key under the mat and the umbrella in MGM, so how about something in EPCOT. Has anyone ever seen the bowling ball in Italy?

If this has already been talked about, sorry. If not, I'll wait to see if anyone has ever seen it before I give any hints to find it.
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Not off hand here. But never really stopped in Italy other than for food.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I have seen the "bowling ball" in the Italy pavilion (I won't give away it's location if you like)... but I have a picture if you would like me to post it for you
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    geez - not too many bites on the bowling ball.....darn.....oh well, you asked for secrets.....no need to post a photo (unless someone else wants it....)

btw....is there still a request for photos of the hidden mickey which was in Germany?
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Here is the bowling ball for you...

MSM, feel free to describe it for the rest of the gang since it's your question, (or I can if you like)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lou Mongello

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Now that I know what it look like, I will look out for it.

yensid1071 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Cool thread!! While there a few weeks ago with mom, I asked a CM if we could ride up front from the TTC to Epcot (I've done this before but it was mom's first time). We rode with a dad and his 4 or 5 y/o son, who enjoyed the ride too! After leaving the TTC, I asked our driver about the airplane landing strip on property (it's east of the TTC and south of the WL, behind the trees). He said it hasn't been used for airplanes in ages, but they do park the WDW Transport busses back there.

I think we saw some of the "undercover" WDW security a few years ago. While waiting for our ressies at Cindy's Royal Table, Cindy came out for pics/autographs. A couple of guys with NY or northeastern accents started yelling at each other and nearly started fighting (complete with plenty of profanity and shoving). They separated after a minute or two and then left. Seconds later, a couple touristy-looking people ran in (complete with camcorders), asked few people some questions, then left. Not sure if they ever caught them, but it was weird seeing people so mad and violent in such a happy place.

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    They haven't used the airport in a very long time. Matter of fact, then they flew Mickey One in for display in MGM, they landed on the street just outside of the park and lifted the plane in by crane.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

Schmitty is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by yensid1071
    I think we saw some of the "undercover" WDW security a few years ago....
    I KNOW that my family and I saw the undercover security on our last trip in June of 2003. We were just off the monorail from the Contemporary, just before the security check-point (baggage check). A tourist asked a gentleman if he would take a family picture for him, and the gentleman declined. The tourist asked again "PLEASE"; again, the gentleman declined, this time saying "I can't". When asked WHY, the gentleman undid his coat (sports jacket) to remove his wallet, which he discreetly showed to the tourist as a badge wallet. We were standing at just the right angle to also see the sidearm clipped to his belt. The tourist kinda sheepishly said "oh...I understand..." and moved on...and the gentleman decided it was time for him to move to a different area to stake out the crowd, as well.

Kinda disturbing, in a way, to think that there has to be this level of security (plainclothes), but comforting in another way, knowing that you're probably safer at WDW than almost any other entertainment complex.

Disney_God is offline A-Ticket holder
    Not secrets, but I love the "inside jokes" in Muppet Vision 4D. Including the key under the mat.
    Yo ho Yo ho a pirate's life for me....

LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I would LOVE to hear more about Disney Secrets. Is this stuff in your book? I hope so. I'd love to see the pic of the bowling ball in Italy and I'd love to hear some more secrets too. I just love this site!!!

Sonya, The bowling ball picture is up in this thread a little earlier.

Thanks again!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 08-19-2004 at 12:59 PM.
    Lou Mongello

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by yensid1071
    Cool thread!! While there a few weeks ago with mom, I asked a CM if we could ride up front from the TTC to Epcot (I've done this before but it was mom's first time). We rode with a dad and his 4 or 5 y/o son, who enjoyed the ride too! After leaving the TTC, I asked our driver about the airplane landing strip on property (it's east of the TTC and south of the WL, behind the trees). He said it hasn't been used for airplanes in ages, but they do park the WDW Transport busses back there.

I think we saw some of the "undercover" WDW security a few years ago. While waiting for our ressies at Cindy's Royal Table, Cindy came out for pics/autographs. A couple of guys with NY or northeastern accents started yelling at each other and nearly started fighting (complete with plenty of profanity and shoving). They separated after a minute or two and then left. Seconds later, a couple touristy-looking people ran in (complete with camcorders), asked few people some questions, then left. Not sure if they ever caught them, but it was weird seeing people so mad and violent in such a happy place.
    Could those guys have been Michael Eisner and Al Weiss?
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

kmzairdetail is offline B-Ticket Holder

"center" of the world

Could anyone be more specific where the concentric circles are?

under tree, near shribs, near a bench?

Thanks!!

Oh, OK... I'll look for the full-size image before I cropped it... (remind me, please... I'm an idiot)
    Lou Mongello

Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast