Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 20 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; here are some quick pics I found online...
    TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    here are some quick pics I found online
    Last edited by TrendyMagic; 02-11-2007 at 07:00 PM.

KerTggr is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by judycats
    also is it true that disney has its own police department but everyone is undercoverin regular clothes and made to look like a tourist? (not sure if thats a secret but someone told me that once)
    This is actually partially true. After taking multiple classes regarding this type of thing while working @ WDW: There are security (not police) who do walk around dressed in regular clothes (not particularly touristy, just regular). This is usually only the case if they are following a tip (like for counterfieting - they have to have so many instances tracked, or resale in front of the parks of tickets). They'll blend in and when they need to, they get a uniformed security guard to actually aprehend the person needed.

Note though that the aforementioned is true as well. You can get a ticket on Disney property.

iwantobeaCM is offline B-Ticket Holder
    it was funny when you said the mickey on I-4 was a secret I was like...what? but then I realized not everyone takes that road to Disney every time...I live just south of Orlando and I have been seeing it since I was 3 soo...yeah lol
    Michelle

Mousefest 2006!! For my 18th birthday!!!!

DONALD2210 is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking Did u know

Did you know tht the widow sutters in liberty squire or salnted. That is because in the old days they used to u metal as amuntion for there guns, so the would take of the hinges and use leather. Well over time the leather would streach and that is why the sutters are like that.

calhobbes21 is offline A-Ticket holder
    One of the neatest things I saw in AK was the ivy girl. She walks among the trees about 8 feet tall on stilts (with branch stilts on her arms too) and you could walk right by her and never see her. I have only seen her once and my husband and I were mesmerized by her for 15 minutes and the funny thing was even as we stood there watching her, people would look to see what we were looking at, not see her, and move on. I was told you could ask a CM where she will be during the day.

2 DAYS TILL MOUSE!!!!!!!!!
    3 DAYS!!!!! 3 DAYS!!!!!!!!

_STACEY_ is offline E-Ticket Holder
    i saw her to, absaloutly amazing, so flexible!! and kinda creepy!
    WhEn YoU wIsH uPoN a StAr YoUr DrEaMs CoMe TrUe

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    [QUOTE=calhobbes21]One of the neatest things I saw in AK was the ivy girl. She walks among the trees about 8 feet tall on stilts (with branch stilts on her arms too) and you could walk right by her and never see her. I have only seen her once and my husband and I were mesmerized by her for 15 minutes and the funny thing was even as we stood there watching her, people would look to see what we were looking at, not see her, and move on. I was told you could ask a CM where she will be during the day.
    QUOTE]

I have pictures of her in my photo album!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

edward.lee8 is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Wishes

Hi All.
    Going to DW Nov 7 - 14 . I always wanted to rent a pontoon boat for illuminations but they are always booked.
    This time I was able to get the pontoon boat for wishes but I'm unsure just how good a view you get. It's very expensive (almost $200) so if it's not so great I'd like to find out so I can cancel. They say you can have up to 8 people but we only have 3 and I'd hate to spend that kind of $ if it would be better spent elsewher e.
    If anyone has done this or knows about it I'd appreciate any info.

Ed

sillygurl is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hello there everyone! I haven't been very active on the board lately, but I wanted to throw in my two cents on this one....The best place that my fiance & I have found to watch Illuminations is in WS, France, in the little area between the crepe stand and the wine stand. There are a couple of tables & chairs, and you have an unobstructed view of the show! You have to get there about 2 hours before the show though, as it can fill up pretty fast.
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 25, 2005 12:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=red>Countown to Christmas!</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Yay!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Alice: "But I don't want to go among mad people."
    Cheshire Cat: "Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here."

kebdal23 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks so much for all the secrets! I wrote them all down on my itinerary for our trip - I can't wait to hear more.
    Anything else along the lines of the umbrella at MGM and the key under the mat, and the indy stunt show well? I want to be able to make the most out of my trip - - taking 5 kids to WDW is going to be expensive and I don't know if I'm going to be able to go every year, or even every other year.
    Katie (33) and Elvis (41)
    DS Casey Michael (14)
    DS Tyler Anthony (12)
    DS Adisa Andwele (7)
    DS Jelani Aitan (5)
    DD Due August 25th!

DL: 1982, 1992, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, May 2008, Nov 2009
    WDW: 1999, May 2007, ~Oct 2010~

jadezuki is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Maybe this is a secret, maybe not (care to chime in, Lou?), but it's something a cast member pointed out to me once.

On Small World, at the end of the ride, there's the portion that has 'goodbye' written in several languages. One sign says, in slightly different spelling, something which, when said aloud, certainly sounds like, "What the ****?!"

Perhaps this is indeed simply a coincidence in another language, but I took a picture of it, and I've never known anyone who could identify the language. It was still there after the Small World rehab. I need to find the picture so I can scan it and post it - I think it might be in a photo album at my parents' house, though.

Another thing that's not really a secret, but rather a fond memory: in 1995 or so, when the Orlando Magic were the Eastern Conference champions, the MGM tower wore a giant pair of Horace Grant goggles!

esigsby is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Last edited by esigsby; 02-14-2007 at 05:28 PM.

esigsby is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Last edited by esigsby; 02-14-2007 at 05:27 PM.

MKRsrtMonorail is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Disney Security...

For the first time on my trips this year I noticed a few things, being a police officer, I tend to notice stuff like this haha...

For the first time I saw more than one police car on property, counted 10 Orange County Sheriff cars in one day.

For the first time I saw OCSO cars running radar on property.

I began to notice uniformed officers at the entrances to all parks.

I saw Disney Security Bike Patrol.

Noticed the new Gates leading Backstage at MK.

As far as undercovers go, Disney Security does have plain clothes operatives dressed in tourist attire, formerly named Foxes, now called RTO's (Retail Theft Operatives).

Disney has in upwards of 10 Orange/Osceola County Sheriff's Deputies/Detectives on property at all times.
    :mickey:

MagCynic is offline A-Ticket holder
    Not sure if anyone else knows this or if it has been mentioned, but Disney's All-Star Resort (it is considered one, unified resort) is the largest resort in the entire world. There are 5760 rooms between the three themes.

Page 20 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast