Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 21 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; ......
    esigsby is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Last edited by esigsby; 02-14-2007 at 05:34 PM.

MagCynic is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by esigsby
    That is my resort! You are so right! 64 rooms per floor, 3 floors per building, 10 buildings per theme, 3 themes! But they are combining some rooms into "family suites" so there will be less rooms.... = /
    I just got hired on there as concierge (DPMS training right now). It's been too long since I was a CP last so it's def good to be back.

esigsby is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Last edited by esigsby; 02-14-2007 at 05:34 PM.

hafrase is offline All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Okay, so I just found this site today, but I wanted to say thanks for posting all of this stuff! I'm planning a trip for my parents, so now I'll have something unique for them to do!

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Quote Originally Posted by MagCynic
    Not sure if anyone else knows this or if it has been mentioned, but Disney's All-Star Resort (it is considered one, unified resort) is the largest resort in the entire world. There are 5760 rooms between the three themes.
    Yep, the All-Star Resorts is the World's Largest Resort, Pop will be as well when it is completed.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Spelled Malaysia wrong ;)

Actually, the World's Largest Hotel in terms of number of guest rooms is the The First World Hotel in Malaysia, with over 6,300 rooms. (found this out while researching the book - killed a question in the process )
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 11-11-2005 at 06:07 PM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Actually, the World's Largest Hotel in terms of number of guest rooms is the The First World Hotel in Malaysi, with over 6,300 rooms. (found this out while researching the book - killed a question in the process )

And Disney is still listed in the record books for the largest... Ugh...

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Please don't take my post the wrong way - I wasn't looking to prove you wrong, Trendy... I actually ran into this issue while editing the book, necessitating a huge edit and removal of an entire question
    Lou Mongello

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Actually, the World's Largest Hotel in terms of number of guest rooms is the The First World Hotel in Malaysia, with over 6,300 rooms. (found this out while researching the book - killed a question in the process )
    Where'd you find this out? I've been looking everywhere for info on this? I just went through training not too long ago for the front desk there and they kept on saying how they were the biggest resort in the world by rooms.

No problem at all Lou. I'll take the correct facts anyday. Out of curosity, I stopped by the All-Stars and they still have them listed as the largest there on the check-in que trivia. I'll never win with Disney, but I am having fun trying.

Jason, I hope you don't think I was out to prove you wrong. I just knoew this from my research of the book, where I was corrected and had to remove the question.

As for my sources, there are a number of indepedent sites which make the claim about the First World, including:

This site

An old Genting PR

The official Genting FWH page

Another Genting page

Again, my information may very well be incorrect (and believe me, I'd RATHER it be a WDW property that can make that claim!). I jsut didn't want to think my intention was to try and prove you wrong...

Now, if they would just finish off Pop Century...
    Lou Mongello

Oh well. They still have the largest resort in the U.S. by about 760 rooms over the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. And with the upcoming renovations to the Contemporary, there supposed to even have better rooms than those in Las Vegas.

kokopelli is offline A-Ticket holder

some secrets

You might alread yknow these, but....

-Find the water fountain to the left of Cinderella Castle as you exit the rear (and next to Tinker Bell's Treasures) it has Cinderella in it holding a bird. If you stand directly in front of Cinderella and curtsy to her, you will see the gold crown behind her painted onto the wall go onto her head. The purpose? To explain the story of Cinderella in just one glance - rags to riches.

-The stone railing that is along the castle's walkway has an inverted three-circle pattern along it. When the sun hits these the right way, images of Mickey are projected all along the walkway.

-When you go to Sir Mickey's Shop in Fantasyland look at where the roof meets the walls. You will see Willie the Giant from Mickey and the Beanstalk peeking into the shop.

-In Frontierland, look down at the main walkway (which is also the parade route). Instead of just plain cement there's also and area a couple feet wide that goes all the way down the walkway and looks like a brownish/yellow gravel. It seems in frontier times the streets had a urine trough in them for the all of the horse urine. The gravel area represents the urine trough. (May not be true)

-If you are on one of the first few trips, see if you can find a paintbrush on Tom Sawyer Island. Turn it in to the boat captain on your way back and s/he'll give you a Fastpass to a nearby ride. -If you're by the Haunted Mansion at night, look up at the top story right above the front door. If you watch it for a while you'll notice a light pass by it and some shadows, it looks like 2 people are walking by with a lantern.

-The ballroom scene where the ghosts are having a party is filled with so many things that it's hard to focus on everything in one trip. The imagineers went into unflinching detail when creating this party. However, they forgot something when creating the dancing ghosts. Beneath your ride vehicle behind glass are the models audioanimatronics ghosts that dance around while their images are projected onto a screen-which is what you see in the ballroom. When they created the ghosts they did not think about the glass projecting the image backwards as all mirrors do and instead of the men leading the women (which is how they were made) the women are actually leading the men-look at their hands next time you go through.

-Some one I know read in a newsletter that the metal "palm trees" in Tomorrowland fold up at night and open during the day. Just like flowers! (Not sure if it's true)

-Near the Indy Speedway on the way from Fantasyland into Tomorrowland there is a high streetlamp with three large round hooded lights -- it was designed to cast a Mickey figure on the ground twice a day when the sun is in the right place. -A nice little hidden thing in Space Mountain...look up at the ceiling while waiting in line. Those space rocks you see flying by are actually Chips Ahoy cookies! Kinda funny. (read this one, not sure if true)

I'll see what else I can find...

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Quote Originally Posted by kokopelli

-In Frontierland, look down at the main walkway (which is also the parade route). Instead of just plain cement there's also and area a couple feet wide that goes all the way down the walkway and looks like a brownish/yellow gravel. It seems in frontier times the streets had a urine trough in them for the all of the horse urine. The gravel area represents the urine trough. (May not be true)
    My little sister who used to work at the MK also told me this. Interesting to know you may have been walking in the "sewer stream" & not have known it.

Quote Originally Posted by kokopelli
    -If you are on one of the first few trips, see if you can find a paintbrush on Tom Sawyer Island. Turn it in to the boat captain on your way back and s/he'll give you a Fastpass to a nearby ride.
    I also know this one to be true becuase on my last trip, I FOUND ONE!!! I was so excited! I looked everywhere & finally right before I gave up I found one last cave & there it sat! We got fast passes for Splash Mountain, but since we'd just ridden it, I kept it as a souvinear. (the fast pass coupon, not the brush)
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Miabear123 is offline A-Ticket holder
    kokopelli

I really enjoyed your post!

Page 21 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast