Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 24 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; If you happen to be in the "right place at the right time", you may be able to ride EE. They often have "soft openings", which are unannounced openings for ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    If you happen to be in the "right place at the right time", you may be able to ride EE. They often have "soft openings", which are unannounced openings for Guests to ride attractions that aren't officially open as yet. One day t may be closed, while the next it might be open for a few hours or so.

Good luck! Tell Professor Pumba Dorjay that I said HI!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

kokopelli is offline A-Ticket holder
    you got it. Thanks.

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    when we were there they were doing
    some opening
    when we wer over that way the lady woul'dn't let us go back that way
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

clara is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    why would they take a piece of flagstone/step from a what is arguably national monument, and place it in an obscure location in WDW?
    To be honest, I have wondered this over the years ... but ---- it's on Keys to the Kingdom, and they told me this the first week of CP, how can that be??? Really??? And what is the deal then with the railings? And the chipped away edges? I feel so betrayed!

BryanFykes is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I was told that they put up the fence to keep guest who thought that it was a threshhold from TJ's Place from chipping away at it... kind like the fence around the rug in the main hall of the HOP, to keep stupid guests from walking on the great seal.

Incidentally, about that rug: it was made by the same manufacturer that made the rug that is in the Oval Office, and if the one in the oval office is ever damaged in any way, WDW has promised to donate thiers, since it was "cut from the same cloth" (this is unconfirmed, and i cant remember where i heard this, so somebody bust me or back me if youve heard this)
    Remember the most important Service guidline-

"Always preserve the Magic"

Beckmyster281 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hey guys, first time to this board! Anyway, great secrets so far! I diddnt know most of them! I was a costumer last year at mgm, so I could give away a LOT of secrets as far as costumes, shows and parades are concerned. However I'm a little hesitent to since I basically sold my soul to Disney when I signed on, promising I wouldn't tell any secrets! I know I'm pretty annonymos on here, but its still kinda scary! hahaha But are yall intrested in hearing secrets about the costumes and stuff? I worked at Fantasmic, Beauty & the Beast, and the motor car parade.

karamie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'd be interested, as long as you're sure you won't get in trouble!

Karamie

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    I'd love to hear everything, but i know that if you were ever found out, the devil would take u into his cavernous world and keep to hostage as if to ride something that wasnt remotely disney for the rest of eternity. So your choice but i know we'd all love to hear.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

Delirium is offline A-Ticket holder
    hey guys. Im new to the board. I've been reading all these secrets and its amazing how many their really are. I've heard about this secret but I cannot verify it yet. On the ride, Splash Mountain, there is supposedly an animatronic squirrel or chipmunk that pops up and says "FSU" right before you go up the lift. Can someone possibly verify this for me??

epcot_fan_wayne is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've seen space mountain with the lights on and managed to take few snapshots
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCollege
    Coolest Thing Ever (Even though it might not sound like it.):

Wait for Space Mountain to Break Down.

No. Really. You read correctly.

Here's why: When Space Mountain breaks down, it takes a good 45 minutes to an hour to start it back up again. Disney is extremely cautious when a ride breaks down, and will spend whatever time necessary to figure out the problem. On a high-profile ride like Space Mountain, they'll do whatever it takes to ensure ride safety...

Of course, there are only a couple of ways to know that it's broken down (One being that you're in line, the other being that you're attempting to queue.) Either way, I recommend leaving the line and talking (calmly) to the CM at the entrance to see if you can get a Fastpass for later (If you have one, hold on to it! They'll be good for the rest of the day.)

Now... go to the Tomorrowland Transit Authority/WEDWay/People Mover.

Why? Because the TTA goes through Space Mountain. And chances are, the lights in Space Mountain will be... you guessed it...on.

You can see EVERYTHING! The entire ride looks like steel spaghetti. You can also sometimes hear them alert the CMs operating on the ride. You'll get about 45-60 seconds of looking at Space Mountain with the lights on.

Just don't take any pictures. Your camera/pictures will be, most likely, subject to confiscation.

And you thought that you'd have to spend your time next door playing Galaga waiting for them to fix Space Mountain.

-Joe

epcot_fan_wayne is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have heard about that myself I don't know if it's true I will investigate this further!
    Quote Originally Posted by Delirium
    hey guys. Im new to the board. I've been reading all these secrets and its amazing how many their really are. I've heard about this secret but I cannot verify it yet. On the ride, Splash Mountain, there is supposedly an animatronic squirrel or chipmunk that pops up and says "FSU" right before you go up the lift. Can someone possibly verify this for me??

Mac Mika is offline A-Ticket holder
    I used to work at Space Mt in the late 70"s and if I could I would take the picture of the guest stranded in the rockets up on track with their own camera. Made them happy, since they were not happy about being stuck in space. I used to do this on other rides I worked, especially on Universe of Energy when EPCOT first opened. Seemed like it was down more than it was up!
    MAC

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanFykes
    I was told that they put up the fence to keep guest who thought that it was a threshhold from TJ's Place from chipping away at it... kind like the fence around the rug in the main hall of the HOP, to keep stupid guests from walking on the great seal.

Incidentally, about that rug: it was made by the same manufacturer that made the rug that is in the Oval Office, and if the one in the oval office is ever damaged in any way, WDW has promised to donate thiers, since it was "cut from the same cloth" (this is unconfirmed, and i cant remember where i heard this, so somebody bust me or back me if youve heard this)
    on the keys to the kingdom tour
    we were told that they have the rails around the presidential seal
    because if a guest spilled something on it
    or it wore out
    they have to get people to come in and remove it
    since it is something to with the USA
    and it would be very expensive to replace
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

GoofysMommy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by kokopelli
    Okay thanks... What is a soft opening?
    Soft opening from what I understand is when the ride opens speradicaly (I hope I spelled that right) for people to ride. I thought it was only for Annual or Seasonal pass holders. (I am a proud member of the "Annual Pass Club" lol.)
    Chellie the Pirate Princess

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

http://www.myspace.com/goofysmommy

xbeccahx is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Now, if they would just finish off Pop Century...
    Does anyone have any info about what the rest of Pop Century is going to be like and/or when the expected completion date is? Such as the oversized replicas or pools or anything else? I've been looking all over for just a word or two about what it might be like, and I can't find a thing! If it's in another thread I apologize. But there's so much stuff on this site! I've literally been here since about 4 this afternoon and it's now quarter to midnight!
    Thanks for the great site! I'm learning sooooo much! <3
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic. - Sam the Eagle

Page 24 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast