Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 25 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by AKQJ10 Now, if they would just finish off Pop Century... Does anyone have any info about what the rest of Pop Century is going to be like ...
    xbeccahx is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Now, if they would just finish off Pop Century...
    Does anyone have any info about what the rest of Pop Century is going to be like and/or when the expected completion date is? Such as the oversized replicas or pools or anything else? I've been looking all over for just a word or two about what it might be like, and I can't find a thing! If it's in another thread I apologize. But there's so much stuff on this site! I've literally been here since about 4 this afternoon and it's now quarter to midnight!
    Thanks for the great site! I'm learning sooooo much! <3
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic. - Sam the Eagle

EricaCM is offline A-Ticket holder
    Michelle, the soft opening of Everest isnt just for passholders. They did the cast preview for about 4 days (obviously u remember lol) and then the next week they had previews for pass holders. The soft opening I think is open to any guests but only during certain times and days.. But Im not 100% sure because I dont work at AK..

I went to MK and MGM today and I saw the ring at Haunted Mansion! Its so teeny tiny though! Also I pulled the rope over at Indiana Jones but I didnt pull it too hard because it says do not pull so I kinda chickened out lol! So no screams..

If anyone knows anything Fantasmic related.. ANYTHING.. Id like to know.. I work Merchandise at Fantasmic (And ToT and Rockin Roller coaster..Area 50 wo0op wo0op!) And I LOVE Fantasmic with the biggest passion! If I could Id skip my breaks to watch the show.. I own the soundtrack and have seen the show SO many times that I know it all and I know when things that are supposed to happen dont happen and when things are changed and stuff... I swear, If I could somehow just take a trip to the mountain and see how it all worked out, I would die happy!

I have a hidden Mickey that no one mentioned (Or at least I dont think they did! 25 pages is alot lemme tell u!) At Phillar Magic before the show starts, look to the right side of the stage (the border part of the stage) There is one instrument.. one of those Blowy/ Horn-y ones that is round. In the middle of it is a hidden Mickey!

Also I believe that Fantasmic is the only place you can see Mickey as Steamboat Willie
    (As a character!)

And some more Fantasmic points..

If its a cold night and you have no blanket or Towel, Dont sit too close to the front or you'll probably get wet (depending on the wind Direction..) We sell Blankets Towels and Sweaters up at the courtyard if you need one!

STAY TILL THE LIGHTS IN THE THEATER COME BACK ON! SOOO many guests leave even before the float comes out so not only do they miss ALL of the characters dancing around but they also miss Mickey at the tippy top of the mountain setting off the Fireworks! And that has to be the best part of it all! I swear, EVERYTIME I see the end of the show (And remember, I work there) I get the chills and feel the magic...
    Last edited by EricaCM; 02-21-2006 at 12:31 AM.

GoofysMommy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Lol Erica I figured a day or two ago lol.

I Love Fantasmic! I swear I'll watch it for hours non-stop just to see Mickey. Especially Steamboat Willie (You know Billy and I love Steamboat Willie Erica)
    Chellie the Pirate Princess

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

http://www.myspace.com/goofysmommy

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by xbeccahx
    Does anyone have any info about what the rest of Pop Century is going to be like and/or when the expected completion date is? Such as the oversized replicas or pools or anything else? I've been looking all over for just a word or two about what it might be like, and I can't find a thing! If it's in another thread I apologize. But there's so much stuff on this site! I've literally been here since about 4 this afternoon and it's now quarter to midnight!
    Thanks for the great site! I'm learning sooooo much! <3
    this is the only thing i found about the legendary years on allearsnet.com

The Legendary Years pools will be shaped like a crossword puzzle, a soda bottle, and a highway sign.

and there is no projected opening date
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

Boater is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by iwantobeaCM
    it was funny when you said the mickey on I-4 was a secret I was like...what? but then I realized not everyone takes that road to Disney every time...I live just south of Orlando and I have been seeing it since I was 3 soo...yeah lol
    Disney contracted Progress Energy to build that power pole as part of the progress sub-station that feeds part of Disney.
    Mark,

Stayed at:
    Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness Cabins (and in a tent once YUCK),Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean, Port Orleans (both), Coronado Springs, Dolphin, Most of the Hotel Row, Many other off-site.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Delirium
    I've heard about this secret but I cannot verify it yet. On the ride, Splash Mountain, there is supposedly an animatronic squirrel or chipmunk that pops up and says "FSU" right before you go up the lift. Can someone possibly verify this for me??
    I tried to check this out this weekend, after having heard of it from a couple different folks. Yes, there is some sort of a small gopher-type animal (didn't really get a good look at it) that pops out of a hole in the ceiling as you are rounding the last right turn before the lift that brings you up to the top of the biggest drop. The critter does shout something, I can't tell exactly what, but the last part of it did sound like "...S...U!". Honestly, if nobody had mentioned to me that it was possibly FSU, I might have thought the critter had sneezed (what i heard did sound a lot like "A-choo!"), but of course, that's even less likely. One of the versions of this rumor I've heard is that the imagineer behind this little FSU critter was a former graduate of FSU, but like I said, I only know that to be a rumor unless I hear otherwise from a reliable source.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by xbeccahx
    Does anyone have any info about what the rest of Pop Century is going to be like and/or when the expected completion date is?
    Once again, I'm only reporting things I sort of remember hearing once from a while back, but I think I remember hearing that construction of the rest of PC had been put off kind of permanently until there was a demand great enough to need it. There are already enough rooms available in WDW to adequately meet the demand of the current volume of on-property guests.

But I too would love to see the completion of the second half, just to complete the theme and see what other fun and exciting larger-than-life props the Disney minds have in store for us this time.
    -Don-

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Ok, I'll probably get in trouble by all the CM's who are reading this but still, I like it. When you enter your park ticket to get a fastpass, simple go around back and push the reset button to redeem at least 5-10 fastpasses per ticket. It covers your entire family and that way you can get multiple fastpasses for one time window. Yes, most CM's are cautious about this, but still. I like my little deviousness.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

EricaCM is offline A-Ticket holder
    I saw it! Today my friends and I were walking by Stitch's Great escape and there were no CMs near the fast pass things so we walked behind them and saw the reset button! But why bother getting Fast passes for Stitch? Now Splash Mountain... Muahahaha!!
    Goin to MGM any time soon? Let me know and maybe Ill see you! I work at RnRC, ToT and Fantasmic! Merchandise! See ya there!

My new baby bird

Ive done everest 21 times!!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91
    ...and push the reset button to redeem at least 5-10 fastpasses per ticket. It covers your entire family and that way you can get multiple fastpasses for one time window. Yes, most CM's are cautious about this, but still. I like my little deviousness.
    ...and that is why the FP system is flawed. I frown on you for bringing up that dishonesty. I vote for getting rip of it and going back to the good old fashioned 'stand in line and wait' method. And then line referees should be employed to watch for line cutters and make them go stand at the back of the line when caught. Now that, my good friends, would be progress.
    -Don-

hafrase is offline All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    If only it were that simple!
    You can dream, create, design, and build the most wonderful place in the world... but it requires people to make the dream a reality.
    ~Walt Disney

xbeccahx is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Can't they fix the fast pass thing so people can't do the reset?
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic. - Sam the Eagle

esigsby is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Last edited by esigsby; 02-14-2007 at 05:49 PM.

lissieTHEfitz is offline A-Ticket holder
    I

agree with the person before me...
    Without me, it would just be "aweso"
    X3

lissieTHEfitz is offline A-Ticket holder
    Oh yeah....I stubbled accross some 'secret' ways to get to concierge without a key for the elevator...XDDD
    Without me, it would just be "aweso"
    X3

Page 25 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast