Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; the concentric circles.....is that the spot in the pavement as you are heading towards The Land? The one with the inventors on it? Is this the center of the world?...
    Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    the concentric circles.....is that the spot in the pavement as you are heading towards The Land? The one with the inventors on it? Is this the center of the world?
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    yes it is!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Here is the bowling ball for you...

MSM, feel free to describe it for the rest of the gang since it's your question, (or I can if you like)
    Is that supposed to be a bocce ball?
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 08-19-2004 at 08:22 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

kmzairdetail is offline B-Ticket Holder
    center near the land...ok
    Thanks Bob!!!!!!! LV Tour 2005

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    What is the key under the mat about?

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    At the entrance to MuppetVision 3D, just as you enter the building, look for the "Security Office" on the right hand side. There, you will see a sign that says: "Back in 5 Minutes: Key Under Mat". If you look down at the mat you're standing on, you can lift it and actually find a key embedded in the carpet!!

It's all about the little details!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Jonas_Swe is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lou, that's such a cool and funny detail, I just have got to go and check it out for myself when I get there...

And THAT's exactly why Disney is so special and wonderful, the attention to detail is incredible...
    Jonas_Swe

2005: Walt Disney World - First Time!
    Wilderness Lodge - 10 days
    Boardwalk Inn - 10 Days
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'September 19, 2005 9:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=black> Countdown to my First WDW Vacation </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'WDW here I come!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Mag
    the concentric circles.....is that the spot in the pavement as you are heading towards The Land? The one with the inventors on it? Is this the center of the world?
    You have identified the geographic center of Walt Disney World, but no one has mentioned why the center of the World does not coincide with the center of Epcot itself. I believe there is a difference of some 300 feet. And why is that, since originally, EPCOT Center was supposed to be built exactly at the center of WDW property at the time?
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by dzneynut
    You have identified the geographic center of Walt Disney World, but no one has mentioned why the center of the World does not coincide with the center of Epcot itself. I believe there is a difference of some 300 feet. And why is that, since originally, EPCOT Center was supposed to be built exactly at the center of WDW property at the time?

Wasn't there something about an endangered animal's habitat being found on the site, and having to shift things to avoid it?
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    You are quite right, DD!

During construction, a group of endangered birds called the Red-Cockaded Woodpecker was discovered nesting in a wooded area destined for development. The entire construction site had to be moved 300 feet in order to preserve that area's natural state. A back service road was named after the birds as a reminder of the company's conservation efforts.
    Lou Mongello

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    At the entrance to MuppetVision 3D, just as you enter the building, look for the "Security Office" on the right hand side. There, you will see a sign that says: "Back in 5 Minutes: Key Under Mat". If you look down at the mat you're standing on, you can lift it and actually find a key embedded in the carpet!!

It's all about the little details!!!
    I think I remember the sign but I don't think I have ever actuallly looked for the key. I will have to do that on our next trip.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Hmmm... I know I have the pictires somewhere....
    Lou Mongello

How about Miyuki - the candy-maker in Japan? Not really a "secret" per se, but an amazing and often overlooked (and FREE) "performance" by the only female in Japan who was taught this amazing art form
    Lou Mongello

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Here's one that may not be a secret but it's often overlooked. Don't just rush by Canada - take the time to walk around to the back of the Pavilion and look at the gardens - they are just beautiful and a great resting and relaxing spot. Someone told us about this a few years ago and we never realized it was there. Worth a peek if you're into flowers and gardening.!!

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    The backside of Canada is great. That is one hidden treasure!

Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast