Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 31 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; hey, i am new on here, but a disney fan for the whole 20 years of my life. Anyways, i have not really a secret, but a nice dining tip. ...
    grandmarshal22 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    hey, i am new on here, but a disney fan for the whole 20 years of my life. Anyways, i have not really a secret, but a nice dining tip. i went down to disney over spring break with my boyfriend and i really wanted to take him to Ohana, by far my favorite resteraunt. well, a month before we went down i called to get reservations, and the earliest was 9pm! way too late to eat that much food. So what we did was make the reservation at 9pm, and then we just showed up at 5pm when it opened, told them that we were there early and we had no wait!! how awesome is that? and we got a seat by the window! it was so awesome. My family did this same thing over at chef mickey's one time. so if you don't get an early reservation, don't get discouraged, just go early!
    "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow: Your party from Saturn has arived, please give them a ring!"

I'v been in the disney parade at Magic Kingdom 11 times! 5 times as the grand marshal!

Quote Originally Posted by grandmarshal22
    hey, i am new on here, but a disney fan for the whole 20 years of my life. Anyways, i have not really a secret, but a nice dining tip. i went down to disney over spring break with my boyfriend and i really wanted to take him to Ohana, by far my favorite resteraunt. well, a month before we went down i called to get reservations, and the earliest was 9pm! way too late to eat that much food. So what we did was make the reservation at 9pm, and then we just showed up at 5pm when it opened, told them that we were there early and we had no wait!! how awesome is that? and we got a seat by the window! it was so awesome. My family did this same thing over at chef mickey's one time. so if you don't get an early reservation, don't get discouraged, just go early!

This is a good tip. We actually did this twice on our last trip. If you show up at opening (beginning time for lunch service....or dinner service time) you can usually get seated pretty quickly. Great tip grandmarshal22!

disneycrayz is offline A-Ticket holder
    Here's a little inside tip I learned. I've been going to MNSSHP fot the past 4 years and this year I got a surprise. when I was entering the HM there was a cast member taking pictures in front of the herse. So my family got one. When we went to pick it up we noticed that a ghostly driver as well as the phantom horse appeared in our picture. Now that is some disney magic. If you happen to see a CM taking pictures deffinitly go for it.
    Disneycrayz

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    lmao how cool is that! I have got to try it disneycrayz
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Gmc0824 is offline A-Ticket holder

Splash Mountain

I would like for someone to confirm something I have heard about Splash Mountain. Right before you see Brer Fox holding Brer Rabbit before the final drop, I believe there is some kind of animal that comes out from above and says "FSU". I heard this was put in by one of the Imagineers that went to Florida State University. Can anyone confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Post your BEST WDW secret here!

It can be a tip, trick, hidden treasure, best place to watch a parade, little known fact... whatever!!

I'll start things going....

Main Street, USA is filled with little fun things... for example, pick up the antique phone in the General Store on the right hand side of the street. When you do, you can hear a "party line" conversation going on!!

(What's a party line, you ask? Well, way back when, every phone didn't have its own phone number, so many houses had to share one line. So if you picked up the phone, you could hear other conversations going on, and would just have to wait your turn before using the phone to call an operator)

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmc0824
    I would like for someone to confirm something I have heard about Splash Mountain. Right before you see Brer Fox holding Brer Rabbit before the final drop, I believe there is some kind of animal that comes out from above and says "FSU". I heard this was put in by one of the Imagineers that went to Florida State University. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, this is true.....

Disney imagineers like to incorporate part of themselves in the attractions they create. The imagineer who created SPLASH MOUNTIAN is no exception. Just before the Big Drop a little squirrel (weasel) pops out from the ceiling and in a high pitched voice says "F-S-U" , which stands for Florida State University. The school where the imagineer graduated .

Fun Facts of Frontierland's Splash Mountian
    Check out Fun Fact #10.

Welcome to DWT!!!
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    I think he is sneezing...i thought it said " Aa-Aa-Choo!"
    The Goofy Princess

BryanFykes is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBabe
    Not an official site, and unconfirmed by the god of trivia, Lou.

I have argued with people to no end that the squirrel is sneezing. its kinda like the "take off your clothes" line in Aladdin. you are hearing what you want to hear. "c'mon kitty, take off and go" becomes "good children take off your clothes" to deranged southern baptists wanting to condemn disney as satanic or something....

It's a sneeze, folks.
    Remember the most important Service guidline-

"Always preserve the Magic"

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    This is one of those Disney Urban Legends that seems to have taken on a life of its own. To be honest, I have never been able to "officially" confirm or deny this with anyone at Disney. That being said, there is a great deal of incorrect infirmation at the old hm.org site, especially since much of the information was user-submitted with no fact checking behind it.

Having heard the clip before, many times over, and having heard the original source audio... well... like you said, it's one of those things where you "can" hear what you want to hear. In fact, I thought I heard it say, "I like Lou", but that's just me.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 07-06-2006 at 12:44 PM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Thanks for the audio clip, Lou.

I just don't hear "FSU" - so for me anyway, that myth is BUSTED!!! You others can go on living your dream...

PrincessTammi is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I like Lou...I bet thats what you hear!! LOL!!!

Being a buckeye fan, I'm going to say it says "OSU"....we can all hear what we wanna hear I guess!
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    i always thought it was supposed to be chip (ie chip and dale). but apparently it isnt. and he isnt saying FSU its like "wa wa HOOO!" like hes having fun er sumthin. of course, "i like lou" sounds good tooo. lol!
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

daddy yankee is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm sure it says FSU. However, the next time Splash is rehabbed, that weasel will be wearing a No. 2 Jeter jersey and will be saying "Yankees rule!"
    Daddy Yankee
    # 1 Yankees Fan
    # 1 fan of Daddy Yankee

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Can we all agree to disagree on the SM audio? We'll hear what we choose to hear--let's get on to some new secrets and tips!
    Tina

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Sorry if this secret is a repeat (it's tough to read 464 posts in a row), but in the Muppetvision 3D attraction, near the entrance where it shows the Muppet door, there is a key under the rug if you pull it up!

(If i'm repeating this, apologies to all)

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

Page 31 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast