Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 33 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Wow everybody has awesome secrets!!!! I don't think I really have any that I can think of right now. But next time I go I am using all your secrets/tips. ...
    iluvdisney is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Wow everybody has awesome secrets!!!! I don't think I really have any that I can think of right now. But next time I go I am using all your secrets/tips. Also I just wanted to say that I have the walt disney world trivia books and they are so great. I read them over and over.

Oh I have a question though. I heard this story about pirates of the caribbean with this ghost named george and the CM's have to say hi and bye to him everyday and if you say his name 3 times of the ride then the ride breaks down. Can anybody clear this story up for me?
    Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." -- Walt Disney

^^^ I know this has been discussed to varying degrees in other threads, and I think even on MouseTunes a while back... Should be able to find it by searching the forums, AND and go ask Nathan (@MouseTunes) - I'm sure he'll absolutely drool to answer your Pirate question !

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    My wife and I noticed something in California at DCA a few weeks ago was on the Monsters Inc. dark ride. Near the end of the attraction, there's a scene just like in the movie where Boo is hitting Randal with a baseball bat, and Randal turns a different color/pattern every time he is hit. Well, we noticed on our trip, that one of the patterns is the wallpaper from the first scene of the Haunted Mansion. It was very quick, but very cool to see.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!

Smile

A couple of years ago we were loking for a parking spot. I forget if it was MK or MGM. Anyway, for some reason my dad likes getting into things he shouldn't. Its actually pretty funny. Well we were looking for a spot in the way back like where they keep old equipment(Now of course we wouldn't park there,but you get where this is going!)..where it said do not enter. SO, of course he entered! We are drivng around and we saw all of this awesome behind the scenes stuff. It was sooo cool! And then as we exited there was a firework barge or something, i forget, where they shoot off the fireworks for the park. It said, Park here at your own risk. So if you are ever travelling around the parks, get a little risky and look in the back where its usually dead. You will definately see "behind the scene" disney magic; which might just make your day!
    Last edited by disney fanatic; 08-05-2006 at 09:41 AM.

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

PrncsAurora is offline Fastpass Holder
    Ok so I've read through 19 pages so far and I LOVE all your secrets! Only a few I have heard about and the others were great new things I'll have to look for when I go back next year.

As I said I've only been through the first 19 so forgive me if it's listed in the last 14, but I've spent over an hour so far today and must get on with other stuff!! Can you answer two questions that I don't think I found clear answers for?! Something about a signing Umbrella?! and paint brushes on Tom Sawyer Island?!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!! Can't wait to finish the other pages when I have a chance and keep posting the great secrets!
    Summer '83-Off Site
    Dec '95- Shades Of Green
    March '98-All Star Music
    March '06-All Star Movies
    October '07-POFQ

Cinderella is proof a shoe really can change your life!

BryanFykes is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Paintbrushes on TSI- if you find one of these, take it to the nearest available cast member. They will usually give you something in return, a certificate, pins, sometimes even a "skip the line" card!

Signing umbrella? hmmm... only 2 umbrellas even come to mind.

at MGM there is an umbrella bolted to a lightpost on New York street. if you put one foot up on the post and grab the handle, rain falls and you can recreate a scene from "Singing in the Rain" http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...n%20the%20rain

in EPCOT there is a Fast-food Restaurant called "the Electric Umbrella". They have an Umbrella-shaped Sign. I'm not sure that you would be that fascinated by that though. (im assuming you meant to type "Singing", not signing)
    Remember the most important Service guidline-

"Always preserve the Magic"

PrncsAurora is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanFykes
    (im assuming you meant to type "Singing", not signing)
    OPPS!! yes you're right, thanks so much for the info!

so does it rain on you inside the umbrella or outside?! i don't see where the rain might come down...but i am so excited to go see this! Singing in the Rain is one of my all time fave movies!
    Summer '83-Off Site
    Dec '95- Shades Of Green
    March '98-All Star Music
    March '06-All Star Movies
    October '07-POFQ

Cinderella is proof a shoe really can change your life!

Quote Originally Posted by PrncsAurora
    OPPS!! yes you're right, thanks so much for the info!

so does it rain on you inside the umbrella or outside?! i don't see where the rain might come down...but i am so excited to go see this! Singing in the Rain is one of my all time fave movies!
    I'm pretty sure that it sprays out of the top of the umbrella itself. I can really remember though

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    It sprays out of a pipe above the umbrella, I'm almost positive...either way it looks like rain
    Tina

brainfreeze987 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was just wondering if anyone knew if the umbrella was still there... i have heard "rumors" that is was either moved or removed. Im going there on Thursday, and I wanted to get a pic of it...
    Courtney

MY FAVORITE!!!!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Yes, as of my lats trip a couple of months ago, it was still there and operational
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    sweet! Singin' in the Rain is like my all-time fav movie! Good Mornin', Good Mooornin'! It's great to stay up late...
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Here's a cool thing I noticed last time I went.

Every night at the Contemporary, they hold a special viewing of Wishes right below the monorail tracks outside of the main building. It's a perfect viewing area and they provide speakers so that you can hear the music. It's a very good way to experience Wishes. However, make sure to get there early, the good spots WITHOUT monorail tracks blocking your view are gone quickly.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze987
    I was just wondering if anyone knew if the umbrella was still there... i have heard "rumors" that is was either moved or removed. Im going there on Thursday, and I wanted to get a pic of it...
    And we will be posting that picture... right?

brainfreeze987 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thank you... and of course ill be posting the pic!!!!
    Courtney

MY FAVORITE!!!!

Page 33 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast