Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 39 of 85 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I am brand new here!! I look forwards to meeting many Disney fans!!!...
    fanofwalt is offline A-Ticket holder
    I am brand new here!! I look forwards to meeting many Disney fans!!!

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    Hi fanofwalt. Congrats on your first post, and welcome to the best WDW boards anywhere. We're so glad to have you!

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    to you, fanofwalt!

I second what benjo said, these are the happiest forums on earth!

KUNGALOOSH!!!

DsnyLeigh is offline A-Ticket holder
    Ive always heard about the "kiss goodnight" when you stay until that park closes. Specifically I have heard about it at the MK, but I have never heard what that "kiss" actually is. Have any of you experienced it? Can you tell me what it is and if they have it at the other parks too?

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    There is a slinky in Expedition Everest! Look for it!
    Tina

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Quote Originally Posted by DsnyLeigh View Post
    Ive always heard about the "kiss goodnight" when you stay until that park closes. Specifically I have heard about it at the MK, but I have never heard what that "kiss" actually is. Have any of you experienced it? Can you tell me what it is and if they have it at the other parks too?
    If I am correct, it's when Mickey stands at the train station over looking the entrance to MK and the Seven Seas Lagoon and waves good-night to you. He blows kisses, waves, and thanks you for coming, hoping to see you real soon. I've had the pleasure of seeing this only once, and it is so amazing. Very rarely does it happen, but now that you mention it, I hope they put the blinking/talking Mickey out to give you the kiss good night!!

I'm not sure if they do this at other parks or not, but I haven't seen it happen at the other 3.
    Tina

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    Yes and no. Mickey's Kiss Goodnight is partly the train station but it takes place inside the park at Cinderella Castle. When You Wish Upon a Star plays and "the voice of Disney" wishes you a very good night and thanks you for joining us. It is VERY COOL!! Magic Kingdom Park is the only park that does this. It does not perform all nights either.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

heartsdisney is offline B-Ticket Holder
    When watching the parade at MK, go to where they have a rope allowing people to go to a different part of the park. Just before the parade begins a CM will close the section off, creating a perfect spot to watch the parade, no one is around you!!! My mom did this and said it was the best parade ever!!

heartsdisney
    August'07 Fort Wildernenss Cabins
    June '05 Old Key West/ Fort Wilderness Cabins
    June '04 Fort Wilderness Cabins
    June '02 Fort Wilderness Cabins
    June '00 Fort Wilderness Cabins
    Jan '98 Old Key West
    April '96 offsite
    Jan'95 Old Key West

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AidansDad View Post
    I've got another one my friend emailed me...can't confirm, but figured it sounded neat enough to post...

This one is actually outside WDW.

Traveling up from Tampa, on i-4, on the left side a bout a mile before the World Drive interchange that takes you into WDW, you can see a high tension pole with a frame in the shape of a Mickey head outline.
    I know this is from a very old post, but I just found this site yesterday...

The sub-station is on the eastbound side of I-4 about 10-15 minutes outside of WDW. AND my uncle, who works for TECO, helped design it!

-FL gal who just moved far far away from Disney

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvnTheMagic View Post
    Just a tip, Dont be afraid to mention birthdays or anniversaries. We mentioned our 5th anniversary to the lady at the check in counter and the next day we had anniversary balloons, an autographed picture from Mickey and Minnie AND a message on our phone with Mickey and Minnie singing Happy Anniversary! IT WAS AWESOME!!

LOVE THE TIPS!! KEEP THEM COMING!!
    2 posts in a row... SORRY... but I just finished reading thru page 39 and didn't see quite the secret I know. The above is pretty close.

At MK, if you go to City Hall first thing on your birthday - or the day you're celebrating your birthday - or whatever - they'll give you a pin that says something to the effect of "Today is My Birthday."

CMs will be wishing you Happy Bday all day long and often let you do some special things like going ahead of the line (Peter Pan and Small World one time) and let you make announcements on the train and so forth.

Also, someone informed our server at Biergarten in Epcot that my husband and I had just gotten married (took the fam and in-laws before we left for our honeymoon), and the band sang Happy Anniversary to You and our server gave us the cutest little card and a gingerbread girl and boy.

ABK
    ABK is offline A-Ticket holder
    I read all 39 pages and did not see this one:

MGM- Muppet 4D Show:

As you face the entrance, go the right side of the red brick building (where the line for the attraction goes when it is busy). Look up at the wall. There is a large blue pipe coming out of the wall and bending toward the ground at a 90 degree angle. This pipe is actually Gonzo's nose. If you look around the pipe, there is a chalk outline of the rest of Gonzo's face.

This next one used to be my secret, but they ruined it!

In the MK, in Liberty Square- there is a replica of the Liberty Bell. YOu used to be able to ring it, but not they rigged it where it cant be run anymore. I'm sad about that!!

FriendOfTigger is offline A-Ticket holder

re: Kiss Goodnight

Quote Originally Posted by DsnyLeigh View Post

Technically, a "kiss goodnight" is simply the last memory the guests are left with at the end of the day, as they leave the park. The "kiss goodnight" at Epcot is Illuminations, and at the Disney MGM Studios, it is Fantasmic. There is something special at each park at the end of the day, and it's nothing all that secret ;-)

Usually, it's that thing that you're standing there watching when you realize you're crying, because it's so Magical and heartwarming... (Holiday Wishes gets to me especially).

monkeyrawr20 is offline A-Ticket holder
    hey im new here. some secrets that i know of is one hidden treasure is Discovery Island which sadly is now closed for seemingly good. a couple years before it closed in 1999 i went on a little tour with other kids and it was really good. i heard the island closed because people didn't really wanna go there. Also in the haunted mansion i think on of the singing heads that are so popular in the movie. but in the ride i think one of the heads is the guy who does tony the tiger. another thing that alot of people may know is if you ask for the front seat on a ride you'll get it.
    If there is a kid annoying you on this monorail please open the doors and throw him out. Just Kidding and as you look to the left you see a happy married couple. as we go by please open ur doors and throw food at them

skooby is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hey everybody...just finished reading all 39 pages of secrets. Which means I will have 2 hours of extra work tomorrow. Thanks for all the tips. I am taking my 2 sons (10 and 6), and my girlfriend (28) on their first DW trip in May. I am soooo excited to be able to give them this trip and these posts will be a huge help to making some extra magic for them. I'll keep checking back between now and then to keep caught up on the latest stuff.

Bubbatim is offline A-Ticket holder
    these are sweet!! keep em comin. im goin in april, and im lovin knowin all this stuff.
    CHASE

Page 39 of 85 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast