Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Is that naything like the baqckside of water?...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Is that naything like the baqckside of water?
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Sort of. You can see both side of water here as well, just not as good on the backside.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    How about Miyuki - the candy-maker in Japan? Not really a "secret" per se, but an amazing and often overlooked (and FREE) "performance" by the only female in Japan who was taught this amazing art form
    Thanks for the info. I have never seen her. Will have to check that out too among the other dozen or so things I have learned about WDW that I never knew before joining.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Jonas_Swe is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have included a rest in Canada gardens in my touring plan for one of the Epcot days. Relaxing and eating a beaver tail...

Question: Do you see the Soarin' building from Canada now??
    Will it disturb your view from the garden?
    Jonas_Swe

2005: Walt Disney World - First Time!
    Wilderness Lodge - 10 days
    Boardwalk Inn - 10 Days
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'September 19, 2005 9:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=black> Countdown to my First WDW Vacation </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'WDW here I come!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    She's wonderful, and very friendly, too, so feel free to ask her questions, etc. (I did a very informal, "mini-interview" with her for the book.)
    Lou Mongello

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    This is more of a tip than a secret, but anyway:

When you are in Magic Kingdom waiting for the 3:00 parade, if you don't want to rush your pictures, here's what I found out works wonders (You may not want to do this if you have kids with you) find a spot to wait near Pecos Bill's restaurant (sp, I know), when the parade finishes around there (if it's not completely crowded) quickly take the breezeway to adventureland (I don't know the exact location, but it's in between Pecos Bill's and the Country Bear Jamboree) and from there walk quickly (run if you want) to Main Street, USA and go as far as you can to the park enterance, (Like around that circle where all the characters are when you first enter) that's a great spot for pictures if you saw anything you really wanted a pic of, and that spot is usually totally free, and not only that, you can get the last glimpse of all the Disney characters before the parade ends.

I could've gotten some good pictures if I knew about that before I used up all my film.

again, if you have children with you, you may not want to do this.
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

One of the questions I get asked about most often is the "ring" outside the Haunted Mansion. Here

So, here is a picture of the "ring" outside the exit of the Haunted Mansion.

And a close-up:

Unfortunately, although it makes for good story, it is the remnant of a hole used for a post.

As for how to find it, here are some basic instructions:

When you exit the HM, continue straight as you walk under the coverred walkway. As the covered area ends, start looking down - you will see how the stones in the ground change a bit (From almost like a flagstone to a cobblestone). The "ring" is in the second to the last row of flagstones. The pictures should help a bit.

Good luck!!

Now come on... I know you guys have some great WDW "Secrets" you can share here!!
    Lou Mongello

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    PS... There are three 'rings' there. One is pretty well covered up now. The other is just as you exit the door. Will have to go look for it and see what shape it is in next time. Lou, you give me so many interesting thigns to look find.

sadizney is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Not really a secret, but just a little tip to share:

If you're going to Disney's Animal Kingdom and are faced with a long line, here's a little "secret" entrance:

Go through the Rainforest Cafe - there's an entrance to the park at the rear of the gift shop that never has a line!
    This is good to know, especially for all of us who travel to WDW mostly during peak season! Any tips such as this is helpful!!!

DL trips: April '88, Oct '91, June '95, Aug '95

WDW trips: Apr. '74, Aug '78, Aug '80, Aug '84, June '86, Oct '86, March '87, Oct '90, June '92, Aug '92, Jan '93, Aug '93 Nov '94, Aug '95, Aug '96, June '97, Aug '98, June/July 2000, July 2001, July 2002, June 2003, July, 2005 and June/July, 2006 for re-opening of PotC!!

Disnatic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddBreakey
    They haven't used the airport in a very long time. Matter of fact, then they flew Mickey One in for display in MGM, they landed on the street just outside of the park and lifted the plane in by crane.
    You can still see the plane on the MGM backlot tour.
    DISNATIC

Four Parks, One World

lsutiger516 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'm sure some of you know this, but this is what I like to do when I go to MK:

If you want to see the 3:00 parade, line up at the very start of the parade... this way, you can cut over to Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, and others when the parade is over and get a short line because everyone else is still watching the parade!
    lsutiger516

Check out my site at:

Four Parks. One World.

neu318 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Not really a secret but a tip, duringMickeys very merry christmas and during new years eve fireworks to avoid getting stuck in a large crowd exiting the park they open an exit that goes through the stage in tomorrowland and goes through the back of main street which leads to the main exit. Also on the way you can see the CM's parking, the back of all the shops, plants used in the park, media crew, etc..

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Now that's pretty cool!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!

Talking

One of the questions I get asked about most often is the "ring" outside the Haunted Mansion. Here

So, here is a picture of the "ring" outside the exit of the Haunted Mansion.

And a close-up:

Unfortunately, although it makes for good story, it is the remnant of a hole used for a post.

As for how to find it, here are some basic instructions:

When you exit the HM, continue straight as you walk under the coverred walkway. As the covered area ends, start looking down - you will see how the stones in the ground change a bit (From almost like a flagstone to a cobblestone). The "ring" is in the second to the last row of flagstones. The pictures should help a bit.

Good luck!!

Now come on... I know you guys have some great WDW "Secrets" you can share here!!

What is the story? I've never heard it.I've never even seen the ring! tell me about it!! I love this kind of stuff!
    Izzy

Just a little thing to notice...

On Pirates, as you pass the auction scene, watch as the pirate on the laft hand side fires his gun, the sign on the other side of the water "pings" and swings back and forth
    Lou Mongello

Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast