Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 40 of 85 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by JMSuperHeroTeam I bet this has been posted a long time ago, I really don't want to read 38 pages, but if you enter AK through the Rainforest ...
    DDBoles is offline A-Ticket holder

Question about secret entrance through Rainforest Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by JMSuperHeroTeam View Post
    I bet this has been posted a long time ago, I really don't want to read 38 pages, but if you enter AK through the Rainforest Cafe, there is little to no wait.
    This will sound dumb but how do you get to the Rainforest Cafe to do this? Is that in Downtown Disney?

Thanks!

elphaba is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Um... there is a RFC outside the entrance to AK as well... lol
    RYAN

mguentz is offline A-Ticket holder

Old Prop from original Spaceship Earth sponsor

I was at WDW in mid December 2006 and I had the good fortune to see a relic of the original sponsor of Spaceship Earth.

I'm a huge fan of Spaceship Earth and rode it when it first opened in the summer of 1983 (it opened in October of 1982). Every time I visit WDW, I ride Spaceship Earth at least once (if not multiple times).

This last time, my older daughter and I rode it one night before closing. As we were getting off the ride, I was telling my daughter that there used to be a big exhibit beneath the "golf ball" and they don't have it any more.

A cast member heard me talking and let me in on a little treasure. He told me that Siemens was going to open something up in October of this year (which isn't news) and that the ride was going to be "improved" for the 25th anniversary, but he wasn't supposed to tell me that.

In addition, he said that if I wanted to look at the original phone prop used in the Bell Systems exhibit, I could go look behind a storage door to his left. However, he said he would have to tell me to "get out of there" once I looked.

Sure enough, my daughter and I opened the door and saw a giant handset of the Bell Systems exhibit. I wish I thought to take a picture.

After about 8 seconds or so, the cast member was good to his word and he said "hey you, you're not supposed to look in there!" I continued the little charade and said "sorry, sorry" and walked away.

It was a little slice of magic for me and my daughter...but mostly for me.

Sarahdubs is offline A-Ticket holder
    That's pretty cool, I never thought of that. I guess this is the only time it's cool that a ride broke down! Thanks

gigliowanananic is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mguentz View Post
    I was at WDW in mid December 2006 and I had the good fortune to see a relic of the original sponsor of Spaceship Earth.

I'm a huge fan of Spaceship Earth and rode it when it first opened in the summer of 1983 (it opened in October of 1982). Every time I visit WDW, I ride Spaceship Earth at least once (if not multiple times).

This last time, my older daughter and I rode it one night before closing. As we were getting off the ride, I was telling my daughter that there used to be a big exhibit beneath the "golf ball" and they don't have it any more.

A cast member heard me talking and let me in on a little treasure. He told me that Siemens was going to open something up in October of this year (which isn't news) and that the ride was going to be "improved" for the 25th anniversary, but he wasn't supposed to tell me that.

In addition, he said that if I wanted to look at the original phone prop used in the Bell Systems exhibit, I could go look behind a storage door to his left. However, he said he would have to tell me to "get out of there" once I looked.

Sure enough, my daughter and I opened the door and saw a giant handset of the Bell Systems exhibit. I wish I thought to take a picture.

After about 8 seconds or so, the cast member was good to his word and he said "hey you, you're not supposed to look in there!" I continued the little charade and said "sorry, sorry" and walked away.

It was a little slice of magic for me and my daughter...but mostly for me.
    That is one of the coolest WDW stories I've heard. I would love to have an experience like that. That cast member deserves and award. He rocks \m/_(><)_\m/
    "There is a face beneath this mask but it is not me. I am no more that face than I am the muscles beneath it or the bones beneath them"-
    V

iluvdisney is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by rhodisney View Post
    My WDW secret has been there for a long time, but very few people check it out. It's the theatre behind the Kodak store in the MK on the right side of main st. Immediately after you come out from under the RR to the Main St. Circle there's a white gingerbread trim walkway with an unmarked entrance door. You go down a short hall and there's the small theatre playing old Disney cartoons, some in black and white. This is where they used to show The Disney Story, which is now in MGM. They have plywood cutouts of Snow White & the seven dwarves, Steamboat mickey, etc. that you can get your picture beside as well as a photography museum there. On our last visit Jan 2005 we also found this area is where the characters who are about to go out on Main St. gather before their big appearance. We literally ran into Fairy Godmother, Wendy, Clopin,Esmerelda,Cinderella,&Cruella all at once. Since we were the only ones in the hallway, they each signed our autograph book and posed for individual pictures as well as a big group photo. It was JACKPOT charactertime!!! And I was thrilled more than my daughters.

That's awesome. I just hope it is still there when I go this summer and that we don't get in trouble for being there.
    Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." -- Walt Disney

mygirlminnie is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny View Post
    Here's one that may not be a secret but it's often overlooked. Don't just rush by Canada - take the time to walk around to the back of the Pavilion and look at the gardens - they are just beautiful and a great resting and relaxing spot. Someone told us about this a few years ago and we never realized it was there. Worth a peek if you're into flowers and gardening.!!
    your right me and my brother and his wife found these spot and it was an absolutly beautiful place to rest
    Welcome foulish mortals to the

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbelle_rox View Post
    something i always wanted to know is if the "singing in the rain umbrella" is true or is it just a myth??

yep in mgm towards the backName:  disney0506 069.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  27.2 KB

Walt Disney

dizfanfamily is offline Are we there YET???
    Quote Originally Posted by mygirlminnie View Post
    your right me and my brother and his wife found these spot and it was an absolutly beautiful place to rest
    And if you go back throughout the year they change the flowers to reflect the seasons in Canada. Like, yellow, gold, and red flowers for fall, and white ones for winter. The difference is often subtle, only changing a few at a time till they get the full effect. (A good reason to return to WDW at different times of the year)
    1978, 83 Contemporary Garden, 2001 Contemporary Tower MK Side (Honeymoon),
    2002 Grand Floridian, 2003 Wilderness Lodge (Christmas @ WDW),
    2005 Saratoga Springs (DVC Member), 2006 Boardwalk Villas,
    2007 -- Saratoga Springs (April & December), 2008 -- SSR (March), BWV (Oct), POFQ (Dec)

Planning our next trip...

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Quote Originally Posted by DDBoles View Post
    This will sound dumb but how do you get to the Rainforest Cafe to do this? Is that in Downtown Disney?

Thanks!
    No, use the entrance to the Rainforest Cafe right outside of Animal Kingdom...you walk into the store and turn right. Keep going straight and you see an entrance right to the park. Have fun!
    Tina

tink@heart is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi All:
    This may not be a secret to many of you. However, each night before the fireworks begin at MK, as the lights go down and the voice narration begins......look up at the balcony on the right side of the castle and see Tinkerbell climb out and attach herself to a cable. She then "flies" out over Tomorrowland to start the magical beginning of the fireworks display. Many people miss it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dizfanfamily View Post
    And if you go back throughout the year they change the flowers to reflect the seasons in Canada. Like, yellow, gold, and red flowers for fall, and white ones for winter. The difference is often subtle, only changing a few at a time till they get the full effect. (A good reason to return to WDW at different times of the year)
    oh thanks thats good to know now i will start taking pics of the flowers everytime i go to notice the changes

Walt Disney

blinged_k is offline A-Ticket holder
    the lake infront of magic kingdom is manmade, with the dirt used to dig it placed on top of the current mk site to create those utilidors. also, in the lake east of here (riles lake?) , a real one near fort wilderness and river county there is an island, now deserted which was planned as a vacation area for the disney family.

Timbo is offline Fastpass Holder

Lightbulb Soarin' Detail

I don't know if this one has been mentioned yet...in fact, I don't know if my eyes were playing tricks on me or not...

But you know on Soarin' when the golf ball is coming at you? I think I saw the Soarin' logo on the golf ball. It comes at you pretty fast, but I'm always looking for such details. Can anyone confirm? Keep your eyes open!

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
    I don't know if this one has been mentioned yet...in fact, I don't know if my eyes were playing tricks on me or not...

But you know on Soarin' when the golf ball is coming at you? I think I saw the Soarin' logo on the golf ball. It comes at you pretty fast, but I'm always looking for such details. Can anyone confirm? Keep your eyes open!
    I can't confirm that it is the Soarin' logo on the ball, but I always thought that it was a Hidden Mickey on the ball.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

Page 40 of 85 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast