Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 42 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by cskiff7895 New to the forum, but have been a fan of disney for years. I don't think this has been mentioned yet but it's a cool little ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by cskiff7895 View Post
    New to the forum, but have been a fan of disney for years. I don't think this has been mentioned yet but it's a cool little secret i learned many years ago. When you're in Liberty Square and you walk west towards Frontierland you will notice the color of the concrete changes, where the color changes you will also notice that there is a metal plate that runs the whole width of the walkway. If you look to the south you will see a wooden water wheel, to the north is the Rivers of America. Walk over to the water wheel and you'll notice a little stream running under the metal plate on the walkway and it runs into the Rivers of America. This little stream symbolizes the Mississippi River, as you make your way from Colonial America (Liberty Square) over the Mississippi to the Wild West (Frontierland). Just another one of the many details that the imagineers put in to the parks and have not advertised.
    I'm trying to recall this off of my memory, so my details may be a little foggy, but I sort of recall seeing some of this stuff you are mentioning. I know that the concrete definitely changes at the transition from Liberty Square to Frontierland, and I'm about 90% sure I recall seeing the metal stripping between them. And I do recall seeing a water wheel, but I don't remember seeing it where you are saying it is located (on the side of the walkway with all the shops?), so I may be imagining that part. I also never noticed that there was water running under the walkway there. Maybe I'll have to just take a closer look next time I'm there. That's some pretty cool detailing though if you're right!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Kitanabelle is offline A-Ticket holder
    I don't know if you guys know this one or not, but there is a HM in the maelstrom ride in Norway in Epcot.

When you get inside the ride about where the "cattle chutes" start, there is a HUGE painting of a Viking ship scene, in it there is a Mickey head on one of the flags.

I'm pretty sure I saw a HM in Mexico as well, but I can't remember where, lol!

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppyskunk View Post
    My favorite secret is in the Tower of Terror. Right before you go in to the library to watch the video, there is a sign on the left that has the names of different suites in the hotel and such. Certain letters have fallen off, however. If you go over to the sign and look down in the bottom of the box, the letters that have fallen spell out "EVIL TOWER U R DOOMED" It is quite an interesting detail, its amazing how much thought the imagineers put into all the rides. check it out!
    Does anyone have a picture of the case? If you do could you post it for everyone to see? that would be great!

cskiff7895 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA View Post
    I'm trying to recall this off of my memory, so my details may be a little foggy, but I sort of recall seeing some of this stuff you are mentioning. I know that the concrete definitely changes at the transition from Liberty Square to Frontierland, and I'm about 90% sure I recall seeing the metal stripping between them. And I do recall seeing a water wheel, but I don't remember seeing it where you are saying it is located (on the side of the walkway with all the shops?), so I may be imagining that part. I also never noticed that there was water running under the walkway there. Maybe I'll have to just take a closer look next time I'm there. That's some pretty cool detailing though if you're right!

The water wheel is located exactly where you remember, on the side of the shops to the west of the Liberty Tree Tavern. The water wheel really turns water and the water runs underneath the walkway, and pours into the Rivers of America. It is a very discret stream and you would never notice this if you didnt know what to look for. Walk to the North where the metal plate ends, look over into the ROA and you shoould see water running into it. I would say it looks like the amount of water that would come out of a standard garden hose, as I said, it's very discret.
    Last edited by cskiff7895; 03-18-2007 at 10:06 PM.

jcap1p is offline A-Ticket holder

wow

so many secrets!

C-Howdizzle is offline E-Ticket Holder
    22 DRIVING hours away from WDW...(Chi-town)
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    Does anyone have a picture of the case? If you do could you post it for everyone to see? that would be great!
    i am going in five days! ill get a pic for u!! anyone have any other requests!?
    Iv been ON space mountain when the lights were on!!! not in line...i was ON THE RIDE!!! I know your jealous...

2008 Upcoming- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2007- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2006- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2005- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2004- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002- Carribean Beach Resort
    2000- Disney Institute (with School Friend)

AEBluEyes is offline A-Ticket holder

Question

Hey everyone, Im kinda new on here and have been through every page writing down all the secrets i like and want to watch out for, but i was wondering has anyone actually put a book out with all these in there. It'd be a real help especially since yes i did write them down but i lost the paper. LOL ok well let me know thanks!!
    Live Love Laugh

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

starlightbh8 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Howdizzle View Post
    i am going in five days! ill get a pic for u!! anyone have any other requests!?
    Lucky you!!!

Could you take pictures of the restaraunts and places you eat at and post them??

I'm going in june and i was wondering how some of these places look like. I want to get a "feel" for them before i start my planning.

If you could, i'd greatly appreciate it so much!! Have a great time!!
    Ariel: [singing] "Up where they walk/up where they run/up where they stay all day in the sun/Wanderin' free/wish I could be/Part of that world..."

threeleggeddog is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by starlightbh8 View Post
    The Tower of Terror ride alternates the number of times they drop you up and down, so your experience on this ride could be different every single time !!!

Just thought that was pretty interesting, since at the time i rode it each day while being there, it did seem like this was true.

I only found out about this secret from the travel channel after i came back, when they went behind the scenes of Walt Disney World, but it was great to hear it wasn't just me thinking the ride felt different every time .
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away,.....oh wrong story, at any rate back when I was a cast member they did not alter the number of drops made, and our team had won an after hours party at the tower of terror, where they reprogramed the machine to drop us like 20 times or some ridiculous number, I think the coolest thing though is not the number of times but the fact that you are dropping faster than gravity pulls on you.....they actually pull the cars down, that is why prior to having my back turned into a jigsaw puzzle I always tried to ride in the center seat last row because all they had was a seat belt sort of thing not the huge mechanical arm and you could actually catch air when it pulled you down.

threeleggeddog is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Here is my best disney secret, I don't know if they still do this, I do know that these documents are as rare as hens teeth to get, I am going to try to upload them for you to see but I've never done this before. I have a ticket to ride with the conductors in the engine of the train that circle the MK, not the monorail, the train. and a certificate that makes me an honarary conductor for the day. I've never used them and was offered quite a bit from a collector for them but since they are rare I chose to keep them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your best WDW Secret!!-conductor-001.jpg   Your best WDW Secret!!-ticket-001.jpg  

Motokitten953 is offline A-Ticket holder
    When I was there this past Thanksgiving - 2006, I went to share the ToT "Evil Tower U R Doomed" fallen letters secret with my nephew. It was the first time we got him on the ride after 20+ trips (for him) to WDW. I was disappointed to find the fallen letters gone. When I asked the CM, he played it up, "things disappear all the time around here" or something along those lines. I'm eager to see if the letters have fallen again come Thanksgiving.
    Last edited by Motokitten953; 03-22-2007 at 10:23 PM.

C-Howdizzle is offline E-Ticket Holder
    22 DRIVING hours away from WDW...(Chi-town)
    Quote Originally Posted by starlightbh8 View Post
    Lucky you!!!

Could you take pictures of the restaraunts and places you eat at and post them??

I'm going in june and i was wondering how some of these places look like. I want to get a "feel" for them before i start my planning.

If you could, i'd greatly appreciate it so much!! Have a great time!!

i will deffinitly try to!!
    Iv been ON space mountain when the lights were on!!! not in line...i was ON THE RIDE!!! I know your jealous...

2008 Upcoming- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2007- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2006- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2005- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2004- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002- Carribean Beach Resort
    2000- Disney Institute (with School Friend)

starlightbh8 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks C-Howdizzle!!! Have a great time!!
    Ariel: [singing] "Up where they walk/up where they run/up where they stay all day in the sun/Wanderin' free/wish I could be/Part of that world..."

Turk is offline A-Ticket holder

A little Disney Magic

While staying at All Star Music, I was relaxing one evening at the guitar pool. It was quiet, with the sound of crickets chirping in the background. I didn't notice until I got up to refresh my drink that I could only hear the crickets when I was around the pool. After a little investigating, I found that the sound was comming from either the lifeguard's stand or in the bushes. Is this Disney Magic? or are there speakers hidden around the pool? Either way, I thought it was great!

Brian_WDW74 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Motokitten953 View Post
    When I was there this past Thanksgiving - 2006, I went to share the ToT "Evil Tower U R Doomed" fallen letters secret with my nephew. It was the first time we got him on the ride after 20+ trips (for him) to WDW. I was disappointed to find the fallen letters gone. When I asked the CM, he played it up, "things disappear all the time around here" or something along those lines. I'm eager to see if the letters have fallen again come Thanksgiving.
    I had heard somewhere that the letters were placed there by CMs and weren't WDI approved. So they were removed. I can't recall offhand where I'd heard that, so take it with a grain of salt.

*Brian*

Page 42 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast