Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 44 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Well, I did think about that but I am a bit short on money, so whatever other things that might help me would be great!!...
    MeLovesDisney is offline A-Ticket holder
    Well, I did think about that but I am a bit short on money, so whatever other things that might help me would be great!!

Caribbean Lady is offline Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas
    I don't know if this has already been mentioned (I haven't read all of the posts) but I saw on tv that on Kilimanjaro Safaris, the rocks on which the lions lie have air conditioning. This is so the lions can be seen from the ride vehicles. I also learned that the "fallen logs" in the middle of the savannah are actually made of concrete. They are special food containers that tempt the animals to go near the side of the road, so guests can have a better look at the animals!

Just thought I'd mention that - I thought it was pretty cool
    tale as old as time...

It's official... I'm too far away from the Magic
    When you wish upon a star...

Mr. Tom Morrow is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but in Splash Mountain when you go through the part with all the laughing turtles right before your about to go up the big drop a gopher drops down from the ceiling and says, "F-S-U". Supposedly the imagineer responsible for it was a Florida State grad. I thought it was cool, now I do my best gopher voice and say it a long with him.
    Also a good tip if you are staying at the Yacht or Beach club, it is probably faster to walk to EPCOT than wait for the slowest boat in the world to pick you up and take you.
    And anyone at the Pop Century, take a walk to the end of the pier in the back at night time, the view of the resort is actually pretty amazing.
    Try getting a boat by yourself on the jungle cruise during the fireworks or the parade. Me and my brother did this, he didn't want to because he thought it would be too weird. The skipper was from Hong Kong and he said he was going to be working in the new Hong Kong Disneyland. What was funny is that even though me and my brother were the only ones on the boat and we were sitting right next to him, he still used the mic to tell his jokes. It ended up being a cool experience though.

MeLovesDisney is offline A-Ticket holder
    :welcome: to the boards hehe you're new just like myself. I'll try to do the Jungle Cruise while the fireworks take place, I bet it must be amazing and with no crowds hehehe

pudgethefish is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have been on the Jungle Cruise during the fireworks and it really is pretty neat, but my absolute favorite is being on the last Dumbo ride of the night. The fireworks were expolding all around us. What an unbelievable view!!!!!

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    My favorite place to see the fireworks is splash mountain.

DisneyFreak15 is offline A-Ticket holder
    If you ride Astro Orbiter when fireworks are going on its pretty neat.I havent ridden that ride in the longest time!

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!
    These are great!
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by cskiff7895 View Post
    The water wheel is located exactly where you remember, on the side of the shops to the west of the Liberty Tree Tavern. The water wheel really turns water and the water runs underneath the walkway, and pours into the Rivers of America. It is a very discret stream and you would never notice this if you didnt know what to look for. Walk to the North where the metal plate ends, look over into the ROA and you shoould see water running into it. I would say it looks like the amount of water that would come out of a standard garden hose, as I said, it's very discret.
    I actually went back and double-checked this on my last trip. I found the "bridge", the water running under it, and I saw where the water distributes into the Rivers of America. But I didn't see a water wheel. Looking up in the direction the water was coming from, it appeared to just come down from a stream which began somewhere up around the buildings, but the exact source was obscured by bushes and such. But there was definitely no water wheel. I wonder if there maybe used to be one?
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

disneyfan1224 is offline A-Ticket holder
    So many tips...many thanks to everyone who has posted. I'm going in 12 days and I cannot wait, i'll definitely be writing down all the tips on here and bringing them with me. I'm going to take a ton of picturess and post anything interesting on here, if anyone has any requests for pics let me know. Normally I never take pictures on vacations (i forget) but i'm determined to actually do it this time. Well thanks again for all the tips and secrets everyone!
    37 Days Until Disney!

"If there is ever a tomorrow when we're not together, there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you know. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you."

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak15 View Post
    If you ride Astro Orbiter when fireworks are going on its pretty neat.I havent ridden that ride in the longest time!
    That sounds cool but i don't think i could do it i am very afraid of heights.

trishluvsdofins is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Mag View Post
    Well, we've talked about the key under the mat and the umbrella in MGM, so how about something in EPCOT. Has anyone ever seen the bowling ball in Italy?

If this has already been talked about, sorry. If not, I'll wait to see if anyone has ever seen it before I give any hints to find it.

Key under a mat? I've tried searching the forums, but it tells me the words I'm using are too small..

opps, nevermind... I should have read through more of the thread.
    Last edited by trishluvsdofins; 04-16-2007 at 09:19 PM.

floridianer is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hello!

Im new here and want to say that I found a lot of useful info here ...
    This is a great site and from now on I will check recently if there are any news

Normally I post at trip advisor but from now on you have to stand me

have a great day!

BTWid anyone mentioned about the geographic middle of Walt Disney World??
    You can see it when you leave Innoventions West in Epcot heading to The Land...
    There are concentric circles embedded in the concrete

In the beginning EPCOT was planned to be the middle of the world but unfortunatly they found a nesting of the Red-Cockaded Woodpecker and so they had to move everything about 300 feet ... therefore the middle is not the fountain but t h e s e circles...

OK, C U

WDWImagineer is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbelle_rox View Post
    something i always wanted to know is if the "singing in the rain umbrella" is true or is it just a myth??
    Yes it is true, although we have recently taken it down due to the Lights, Motors, and Action stunt show. There used to be a button on the umbrella that produced "rain" while the lamplight above you would light up, and it would look as if you were "singing in the rain"!
    "To all that come to this happy place; welcome."

kgiles is offline A-Ticket holder
    I dont know many secrets that you guys probably dont already know but.... If your car battery dies(LIKE ME) the staff at All Star Movies are more than happy to send staff down with as many booster packs as you need to jump you off. They ended up sending down two staff members with booster packs. Nice guys !
    HOW DO I CHANGE MY NAME?

Page 44 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast